BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Great app, love it. As has been said already, thanks for the quick feedback and update.

My suggested improvements would be:
1) Add 'feels like' - but I know you're working on that :)
Yep, working on that.
2) I love the animations, but they regularly get stuck when I open the app - that's my biggest gripe as they look so good
Working on that, too.
3) I've set the app to mph, but the text forecast summary still shows wind forecast in kmh which is annoying
I think the unit system for the text summary is either completely metric or imperial. We only get these two versions from Weather Underground. It will be shown according to the temperature units you have selected. Celsius and kmh for metric, Fahrenheit and mph for imperial.
4) I'd like the option to show negative temp values on the app icon as 1000's, i.e. 1002 for -2
We are working on that (see my previous post).
5) I know the Weather Underground app shows a sentence comparing the current weather to the previous day. I've seen other apps show this and it's really useful, e.g. Weather On app
Would definitely be useful and as far as I know we do have access to "yesterday's" weather for comparison.
6) Weather On also allows the user to set a summary forecast push notification. It sends a really useful summary forecast for the day every morning, at a time of the users choice.
Not a priority but definitely interesting and noted. We might just push today's text summary like you see it in the app.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger - a question about the text forecasts... How often is the data updated? I'm seeing the daytime forecast for today still at 10PM... Shouldn't that have dropped off by now? Thank you.

I think forecasts are updated every 3 or 6 hours. Not at what time of the day Weather Underground decides to drop the daytime forecast.

I remember on another platform we were once dropping the daytime forecast on our side at 6pm or 8pm and we got people complaining, so unless it stays after midnight we will probably keep it however Weather Underground provides it.

deadmpa1

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. Regarding my point 6 about the daily morning push notification, understand it's not top priority, just wanted to say that I agree that using today's text summary should do the job, but adding the comparison to the end of that (my point 5) is what makes the morning notification from Weather On particularly useful. Great job still, loving the app.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Lock screen weather not showing for me. Badge works fine although it's not below zero here. I get notifications of current weather on my pebble. How can I disable that. It's a bit more than I need.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I get notifications of current weather on my pebble. How can I disable that. It's a bit more than I need.
You turn it off from the settings screens, see attached screenshot.

adyqutyh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You turn it off from the settings screens, see attached screenshot.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/22/adyqutyh.jpg

Thanks, but I don't see a setting that says I don't want regular notification of current weather. Am I missing something? I've gotten about 4-5 notifications on my Pebble today just stating current weather. I would like that off, but still receive severe weather alerts.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but I don't see a setting that says I don't want regular notification of current weather. Am I missing something? I've gotten about 4-5 notifications on my Pebble today just stating current weather. I would like that off, but still receive severe weather alerts.

'Weather on Lockscreen' technically is just a notification that gets removed and reposted about every hour. This is why you are seeing the notifications forwarded to your Pebble.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did that. Now the Temp Bage only updates when I launch the app. It does not I update on its own.
TIA
I must be checking more often than the auto-updates... it is updating when I refresh the app too... and we're 0.9? from going zero & below for a while... :)

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
pfluger, first of all this is a very promising weather app. I've tried most and this has potential to be the best.

One request, on the radar screen can you have it automatically loop? Maybe this is an option that can be set as a preference. Your radar theme background (which is one of my favorite features) already does an auto loop.

The one area that could use some improvement is readability where you have some small fonts and white numbers against the light map background. I'll put a more detailed post together with some specific feedback.

And, thanks for actively listening/responding in this forum. More developers should do this.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I must be checking more often than the auto-updates... it is updating when I refresh the app too... and we're 0.9? from going zero & below for a while... :)
I was constantly checking it yesterday as well, fortunately it is busy at work today so I have left it alone.

It is updating on its own and giving a lock screen notification but I don't think it is following any kind of schedule just sometime over an hour.

Do you know how often it is supposed to update and what triggers it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
When I was a BB user. I had the Berryweather app. I remember it costing $10.
IMHO, it was the best weather app going at the time.
I am late to seeing this thread, and glad to see IOS is getting it.
I just installed the app. I already love the clean uncluttered look. 😊

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger, first of all this is a very promising weather app. I've tried most and this has potential to be the best.

One request, on the radar screen can you have it automatically loop? Maybe this is an option that can be set as a preference. Your radar theme background (which is one of my favorite features) already does an auto loop.
Yes, definitely makes sense. The biggest problem with this actually is that we first have to rework the settings screen because it will become too crowded. We have a couple other settings already on the list we wanted to add.

The one area that could use some improvement is readability where you have some small fonts and white numbers against the light map background. I'll put a more detailed post together with some specific feedback.
Screenshots would be great.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I was constantly checking it yesterday as well, fortunately it is busy at work today so I have left it alone.

It is updating on its own and giving a lock screen notification but I don't think it is following any kind of schedule just sometime over an hour.

Do you know how often it is supposed to update and what triggers it?

This is basically how it works.

BeWeather tells iOS it wants to update in the background, but not more often than once every hour. From there it is up to iOS to do the actual scheduling. iOS tries to be smart about it. For example to save battery it tries to consolidate updates for multiple apps together, so they all run once at the same time and the phone has to wake up only once. It will also learn your phone usage, so for example at night it might not trigger the background updates at all.

EDIT: Besides the regular background updates there is another situation where BeWeather will automatically update and that is when you open it. It will only update when the data is older than one hour.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks pfluger, got it. I am read to uninstall my other weather apps.

Thanks very much for the great app and the support.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2