BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This was my favorite app on BB. Just downloaded and upgraded it.

How is it on battery?

Thanks for developing this app, loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I've already deleted it. I have no idea where they were getting their weather from, but normally it was from between 8 to 10 degrees all the time.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I've already deleted it. I have no idea where they were getting their weather from, but normally it was from between 8 to 10 degrees all the time.
Sorry to hear that.

We get our weather data from Weather Underground (wunderground.com). They get their data from a huge amount of official weather stations as well as so-called personal weather stations (PWS), basically private people having small internet connected weather stations in their yards.

The advantage of a PWS is that it may be much closer to your location than any official weather station. They also update more often (Every second or within minutes, as opposed to every hour for official stations). The downside is that if a PWS is not maintained well it might be unreliable.

What might have happened is that BeWeather choose a PWS station for your location. You can easily switch to an official (airport) station or another PWS though. Tap the three dots in the bottom right corner and select 'Nearby Weather Stations'.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.

We get our weather data from Weather Underground (wunderground.com). They get their data from a huge amount of official weather stations as well as so-called personal weather stations (PWS), basically private people having small internet connected weather stations in their yards.

The advantage of a PWS is that it may be much closer to your location than any official weather station. They also update more often (Every second or within minutes, as opposed to every hour for official stations). The downside is that if a PWS is not maintained well it might be unreliable.

What might have happened is that BeWeather choose a PWS station for your location. You can easily switch to an official (airport) station or another PWS though. Tap the three dots in the bottom right corner and select 'Nearby Weather Stations'.

I don't get it. I have Wunderground on my iPhone as well and both apps gave vastly different forecasts and temps.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine is accurate within +/- 1F.

I am hoping the "feels like" is coming soon. In our part of the country a 22F could have a negative 15 chill factor.

Until then I have to keep my other Weather app

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it. I have Wunderground on my iPhone as well and both apps gave vastly different forecasts and temps.
They are both probably using different weather stations. Forecasts are based on the weather station's location, too.

You can check the weather station that is used in the Weather Underground app right under the location name. Then go to BeWeather and select the same station under 'Nearby Weather Stations'.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine is accurate within +/- 1F.

I am hoping the "feels like" is coming soon. In our part of the country a 22F could have a negative 15 chill factor.

Until then I have to keep my other Weather app

"Feels like" is coming. We had planned it for the 1.0.35 update I mentioned above, but didn't have enough time. We had to push that update out asap as it fixes some critical bugs.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.

One of the issues going on today was Davis Instruments' suffered a huge connectivity outage that took their weatherlink.com site off-line for over 4 hours today... meaning PWS sites data may have gone stale as they relay to weather underground - so their data got old too... my weather station finally got caught up... for a while, it wasn't even showing up in the BeWeather app... but is back now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I am getting the opposite. I have the Weather Underground app and the BeWeather app installed, and both apps are pulling weather data from a specific weather station of my choosing and the displayed weather information on both apps are identical.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the BeWeather app, tap on the 3 dots, and then select "Nearby Weather Stations". You may see "Airports" and then "Personal Weather Stations". In my regard, the first listed station underneath the latter is probably a mile or so from my location and is also the default weather station in my Weather Underground app as mentioned in my previous reply.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I am getting the opposite. I have the Weather Underground app and the BeWeather app installed, and both apps are pulling weather data from a specific weather station of my choosing and the displayed weather information on both apps are identical.

same here.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
same here.
All of the above mentioned last 4-5 posts people talk about this is just how it was with Berryweather if you all remember when we had BBs with this app. you pulled from weather stations or you could change airports near your locale. This app is basically the same concept build on an IOS platform. I am not saying anything bad or wrong just that it works the same.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
All of the above mentioned last 4-5 posts people talk about this is just how it was with Berryweather if you all remember when we had BBs with this app. you pulled from weather stations or you could change airports near your locale. This app is basically the same concept build on an IOS platform. I am not saying anything bad or wrong just that it works the same.

I'm pretty sure most of us get that... What's going on is the app badge isn't quite yet working as intended...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you would agree that this is identical to Berryweather in the day of BBs same app in an IOS platform in that we had the ability to do the same as what you are referring to here. Nothing negative, I am just saying is all.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Everyone with the badge not updating, what is your device/OS?

The badge updates the first time you launch BeWeather and then never again until you restart the phone and launch BeWeather again?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro