BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There are of course many bugs in here or things people want that we had in the day with the BB Berryweather App. I did beta testing on that and we could all notify Pfluger of things like this and he always came through. He will here too with as he said, His first venture into IOS but when he gets it, This will be a killer weather app.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Catching up to Blackberry, 1 App at a time!!! LOL. About time....
If you say so...

Meanwhile, in reality... the lack of apps is why a lot of people have left Blackberry for greener app pastures... But hey, as long as you feel good about the device you're using... That's all that really matters isn't it?

Now, let's get back on the topic of discussing BeWeather on the iPhone, shall we?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
To also add to what Keith mentions the Developer also asks that any issues he would please appreciate what you would like to see for future builds are mentioned here for him to read. Same goes with any bugs found. This is really his only way to know what is going on to make this app as he eventually wants it to be and I assure you he will, Count on it. He realizes that IOS and they way they operate are far different than BlackBerry so he is limited on how he can control errors.

[NOTE]NOTE: If you are running the new beta it is not really worth mentioning anything right now as he built the app on an official IOS and knows all about the beta. He is building and taking care of bug fixes from the latest signed official IOS just so if you are running a beta you know and so does he. Thank you.[/NOTE]

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Regarding weather animation (selected in Settings), when I open the app, I see a static display of the animated screen. I need to go into Settings, tap Done, and return to the main screen. Animation then works as expected.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to OP for bringing a new weather app choice.

Setting locations, refreshing weather for a location, and changing themes have generated app crashes.

I do like the relative simplicity. Please don't add a bunch of social media clutter, but if you have to, then please include options to hide those screens/features in the app.

Awesome that you're pulling info from Weatherunderground. But as others have noted, not sure if temp refresh is working unless I manually force an update. I understand that data source and temp/weather condition update frquency are not related, unless Weatherunderground only supports "N" data pulls/polls per given timeframe. Would be cool if the temps in the app icon, Notification Screen, and app were synced. Perhaps they are?

I cleared the Notification Screen update, and as an experiment, power cycled the phone. Not sure if that process will trigger a new update in the Notification Screen. Perhaps I'm too used to Android functionality and behavior in this regard.

Went on a day trip yesterday and experimented with BeWeather as my primary app. It automatically picked up new location and dynamically displayed the correct city (was not in my manually added locations list).

Overall, glad to see more choices for quality weather apps.

Last edited:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Regarding weather animation (selected in Settings), when I open the app, I see a static display of the animated screen. I need to go into Settings, tap Done, and return to the main screen. Animation then works as expected.

Yes, I can confirm this. There seem to be instances where the animation doesn't start. We will look into this.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to OP for bringing a new weather app choice.

Setting locations, refreshing weather for a location, and changing themes have generated app crashes.

I do like the relative simplicity. Please don't add a bunch of social media clutter, but if you have to, then please include options to hide those screens/features in the app.

Awesome that you're pulling info from Weatherunderground. But as others have noted, not sure if temp refresh is working unless I manually force an update. I understand that data source and temp/weather condition update frquency are not related, unless Weatherunderground only supports "N" data pulls/polls per given timeframe. Would be cool if the temps in the app icon, Notification Screen, and app were synced. Perhaps they are?
All the temperatures (in app, icon badge, notification) should be in sync. Whatever the app displays you will also see on the icon badge/notification.

I cleared the Notification Screen update, and as an experiment, power cycled the phone. Not sure if that process will trigger a new update in the Notification Screen. Perhaps I'm too used to Android functionality and behavior in this regard.
We do not have precise control about the timing. Basically iOS calls our app roughly every hour in the background. That is when we put the notification up. We can obviously only put the notification up while the phone is locked. So after restarting the phone you will usually not see the notification right away. It may take up to an hour.

I just realize that this might be leading to a problem. If you just happen to have the phone unlocked exactly every hour when we want to put the notification up you would never see the notification. Thanks for bringing that up ;) We will have to look into this.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
It is stating my location properly as North Bethesda, MD but the pin is going in the heart of Rockville. I will update with a pic.
I can confirm this. The pin is on the weather station's location, not on your actual location. We will fix this. We will probably keep the pin on the weather station and add that typical blue dot on your current location and then center the map there.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
We have submitted version 1.0.35 with the following change log:

- Fixed crash on OS 7.1 beta
- Fixed potential crash when using animated radar background theme
- Potential fix for homescreen icon badge stopping to update
- Fixed white border at bottom of shared images
- Fixed map not correctly marking/centering on current location
- Added Launch Center Pro support (URL scheme beweather://)
- Added option to reset selected nearby weather station
- Other minor display improvements

If everything goes well it should be available in a couple of days.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

Tks for your quick turnaround on this pfugler.
Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've installed the app and am quite pleased with it. Thank you...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR