You turn it off from the settings screens, see attached screenshot.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/22/adyqutyh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, but I don't see a setting that says I don't want regular notification of current weather. Am I missing something? I've gotten about 4-5 notifications on my Pebble today just stating current weather. I would like that off, but still receive severe weather alerts.
    01-22-2014 01:58 PM
    Thanks, but I don't see a setting that says I don't want regular notification of current weather. Am I missing something? I've gotten about 4-5 notifications on my Pebble today just stating current weather. I would like that off, but still receive severe weather alerts.
    'Weather on Lockscreen' technically is just a notification that gets removed and reposted about every hour. This is why you are seeing the notifications forwarded to your Pebble.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    01-22-2014 03:41 PM
    Try deleting and re-install... and then check for updates before setting anything up...
    Did that. Now the Temp Bage only updates when I launch the app. It does not update on its own.
    TIA
    01-22-2014 03:55 PM
    Did that. Now the Temp Bage only updates when I launch the app. It does not I update on its own.
    TIA
    I must be checking more often than the auto-updates... it is updating when I refresh the app too... and we're 0.9 from going zero & below for a while...
    01-22-2014 04:01 PM
    pfluger, first of all this is a very promising weather app. I've tried most and this has potential to be the best.

One request, on the radar screen can you have it automatically loop? Maybe this is an option that can be set as a preference. Your radar theme background (which is one of my favorite features) already does an auto loop.

The one area that could use some improvement is readability where you have some small fonts and white numbers against the light map background. I'll put a more detailed post together with some specific feedback.

And, thanks for actively listening/responding in this forum. More developers should do this.
    01-22-2014 04:23 PM
    I must be checking more often than the auto-updates... it is updating when I refresh the app too... and we're 0.9 from going zero & below for a while...
    I was constantly checking it yesterday as well, fortunately it is busy at work today so I have left it alone.

It is updating on its own and giving a lock screen notification but I don't think it is following any kind of schedule just sometime over an hour.

Do you know how often it is supposed to update and what triggers it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-22-2014 04:25 PM
    When I was a BB user. I had the Berryweather app. I remember it costing $10.
    IMHO, it was the best weather app going at the time.
    I am late to seeing this thread, and glad to see IOS is getting it.
    I just installed the app. I already love the clean uncluttered look. 😊
    01-22-2014 04:32 PM
    pfluger, first of all this is a very promising weather app. I've tried most and this has potential to be the best.

One request, on the radar screen can you have it automatically loop? Maybe this is an option that can be set as a preference. Your radar theme background (which is one of my favorite features) already does an auto loop.
    Yes, definitely makes sense. The biggest problem with this actually is that we first have to rework the settings screen because it will become too crowded. We have a couple other settings already on the list we wanted to add.

The one area that could use some improvement is readability where you have some small fonts and white numbers against the light map background. I'll put a more detailed post together with some specific feedback.
    Screenshots would be great.
    01-22-2014 04:32 PM
    I was constantly checking it yesterday as well, fortunately it is busy at work today so I have left it alone.

It is updating on its own and giving a lock screen notification but I don't think it is following any kind of schedule just sometime over an hour.

Do you know how often it is supposed to update and what triggers it?

Thanks
    This is basically how it works.

BeWeather tells iOS it wants to update in the background, but not more often than once every hour. From there it is up to iOS to do the actual scheduling. iOS tries to be smart about it. For example to save battery it tries to consolidate updates for multiple apps together, so they all run once at the same time and the phone has to wake up only once. It will also learn your phone usage, so for example at night it might not trigger the background updates at all.

EDIT: Besides the regular background updates there is another situation where BeWeather will automatically update and that is when you open it. It will only update when the data is older than one hour.
    01-22-2014 04:38 PM
    Thanks pfluger, got it. I am read to uninstall my other weather apps.

Thanks very much for the great app and the support.

01-22-2014 04:45 PM
    'Weather on Lockscreen' technically is just a notification that gets removed and reposted about every hour. This is why you are seeing the notifications forwarded to your Pebble.
    Thank you! That explains it. I'll turn off that feature and see what happens. Great app!
    01-22-2014 05:24 PM
    Yes, definitely makes sense. The biggest problem with this actually is that we first have to rework the settings screen because it will become too crowded. We have a couple other settings already on the list we wanted to add.

Screenshots would be great.
    Yes, that is what I am planning. Just need to find a bit of time to write it up. And glad auto loop is on the list. Thanks.
    01-22-2014 05:33 PM
    pfluger,

Here is some feedback on be weather. I'll do a separate post for each screen.

On the first theme page, I have it set for radar (which is a brilliant design).

But a few things that could improve it are:

1. The radar theme map is a bit washed out vs your standard white radar map. Can you make the it white to match the actual radar map? This would improve readability.
    2. The temperature and city name, etc. are a white font. These would be much easier to read if the font was black against the white background (Like the controls on the radar map which are black).
    4. Also would be better if the font was bold or use the system setting for bold fonts as a preference.
    3. Match the actual size of the radar map. The theme map is more zoomed in. I like the standard, slightly more zoomed out view to show a bit more the surrounding area.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0956.png

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0955.png
    01-22-2014 08:32 PM
    I have a another issue.
    My initial screen is not updating. When I pull down to refresh, nothing happens
    It's been stuck for over 4 hours.
    I have changed to another PWS and nothing happens.
    When I add new cities, them seem to reflecting the correct temp in the list of cities.
    So it's only the main screen.
    I did reset my iPhone 4S but nothing.
    TIA

edit: it just updated.
    Can't explain that one.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 01-22-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    01-22-2014 08:32 PM
    I would like when on the choose local weather stations - if the map was a little zoomable.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-22-2014 08:39 PM
    pfluger,

Here are some requests for the 2nd screen.

I have Increase Contrast setting on Accessibility. Otherwise the screen looks a bit washed out and harder to read with gray fonts against gray background. With contrast on the background is black which makes it easier to read. But that said, can you setup an option for a white theme with black fonts? This would match the first screen. It is a bit disjointed when flipping thru to go from white background to black background.

So:

1. White background

2. Increase and make fonts bold to improve readability. I attached a screen from another weather app that is similar but easier to read with white background and larger/bolder fonts.

3. The columns could be better aligned in the Day/Temp section. It is not very symmetrical.

4. The precipitation numbers are way too small and hard to read.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0952.png

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0962.png

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0954.png
    01-22-2014 08:55 PM
    pfluger,

Feedback on the 3rd screen:

1. White background theme (like comments for 2nd screen).

2. In the top section the values are shown in a larger/bolder font. For example '65%' and the label "Humidity" is not. This is fine. In the lower section this is reversed. The label "Wednesday" is in the larger/bolder font while the actual forecast is in a smaller, harder to read font. So to improve readability and consistency, change the lower section so the actual forecast is the larger/bolder font and the day label is the smaller/non bold font.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0961.png
    01-22-2014 09:02 PM
    I'm not sure how easy this is to implement, but is there a way to add an option for the badge to display the current number of weather alerts (assuming that there are currently active alerts) instead of showing the temp or having it display nothing at all?
    Last edited by Got the Shakes; 01-23-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    01-23-2014 11:38 AM
    pfluger
    Just to confirm:
    I have an iPhone 4S iOS7.0.4
    I've deleted & reinstalled the app.
    My Temp Badge in not updating on its own.
    It only updates when I launch the app. (Most current version installed)
    TIA
    01-23-2014 12:54 PM
    My badge icon hasn't updated all morning, it does update when I open the app. Maybe there is a problem with the weather station itself. I opened the app and re chose the same weather station, hope that will help.

01-23-2014 02:44 PM
    My badge icon hasn't updated all morning, it does update when I open the app. Maybe there is a problem with the weather station itself. I opened the app and re chose the same weather station, hope that will help.

Is there a chance that if the battery is low (<20%), auto updates don't take place?

01-23-2014 05:01 PM
    pfluger,

I now have a new iPhone 5S.
    The Temp Badge is NOT updating on it's own. It updates only when I open the app.

I know you're working on this and hope you have an update soon since this is the main reason I updated to the paid version.
    Do you have any idea when the update will be available to resolve this?

TIA
    01-24-2014 08:35 AM
    pfluger,

My iPhone 5 stopped updating the Temperature Badge on its own since yesterday. It has not updated this morning either

As TurboTuger mentioned it only updates when I open the app.

Please help, it was working perfectly the day before.

Thank you.

01-24-2014 09:00 AM
    The last few days, I've been experiencing no temp displayed on main page when I bring up the app. See pic. BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1390573240.274980.jpg
    01-24-2014 09:20 AM
    The last few days, I've been experiencing no temp displayed on main page when I bring up the app. See pic.
    01-24-2014 09:20 AM
1,058 ... 56789 ...