Just a thought to my above post. Is it possible it is not showing since the temperature is -4? That would make sense.
    01-21-2014 09:42 AM
    Just a thought to my above post. Is it possible it is not showing since the temperature is -4? That would make sense.
    My badge temp was showing but now it not because our temp just went negative (-1).
    01-21-2014 09:52 AM
    My badge temp was showing but now it not because our temp just went negative (-1).
    Our temp just went to +1 and the badge is now showing 1.
    01-21-2014 10:33 AM
    Went through this in dealing with a different weather app that used badges for current temp... badges can not deal with negative numbers directly or display them...
    01-21-2014 10:53 AM
    Yeah, if you live where there are negatives in the temp... You might want to move!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-21-2014 11:12 AM
    Yeah, if you live where there are negatives in the temp... You might want to move!
    We're accustomed to dealing with it... it's just fun to complain about...
    CDG likes this.
    01-21-2014 11:16 AM
    Went through this in dealing with a different weather app that used badges for current temp... badges can not deal with negative numbers directly or display them...
    In my other weather app gives a choice of displaying as as a positive number or multiplied by 100. So this morning I had a choice of 15 or 1500 for -15.

I just turned the app badge on and it shows a balmy 8, let's see if it updates, keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-21-2014 12:20 PM
    I too came to the iPhone from BlackBerry and used BeWeather then. I have been looking for a weather app that has a current temp on the app icon and has radar which I had on my BB with BeWeather, FINALLY I have it again on my iPhone! And living I Florida, the storm tracker part is a great bonus! Thanks
    01-21-2014 12:42 PM
    I just turned the app badge on and it shows a balmy 8, let's see if it updates, keeping my fingers crossed.

The badge temperature didn't update. I opened the app and the temperature in the app updated in a couple seconds and the badge temperature changed accordingly.

Hope that made sense.

PS: Loving this app so far.

01-21-2014 02:27 PM
    Dittos to charlyee... It (temp badge) now appears to be working as intended... temp above zero - badge appeared... refreshed app - temp changed, badge changed as well.
    01-21-2014 03:45 PM
    Woo Hoo!

About an later the icon badge updated on its own and a notification appeared on my screen with the new temp.

So it works as intended. I am very happy.

Now about the "feels like"

01-21-2014 04:21 PM
    Great app, love it. As has been said already, thanks for the quick feedback and update.

My suggested improvements would be:
    1) Add 'feels like' - but I know you're working on that
    2) I love the animations, but they regularly get stuck when I open the app - that's my biggest gripe as they look so good
    3) I've set the app to mph, but the text forecast summary still shows wind forecast in kmh which is annoying
    4) I'd like the option to show negative temp values on the app icon as 1000's, i.e. 1002 for -2
    5) I know the Weather Underground app shows a sentence comparing the current weather to the previous day. I've seen other apps show this and it's really useful, e.g. Weather On app
    6) Weather On also allows the user to set a summary forecast push notification. It sends a really useful summary forecast for the day every morning, at a time of the users choice.

Just wanted to share my suggestions with you, but again, brilliant app already - thanks
    01-21-2014 05:29 PM
    pfluger - a question about the text forecasts... How often is the data updated? I'm seeing the daytime forecast for today still at 10PM... Shouldn't that have dropped off by now? Thank you.
    01-21-2014 10:55 PM
    Occasional error after 1.0.35. I have Weather Rader set as my theme. And occasionally I get this blurred screen instead of the current and weekly weather/detailed forecast. In other words, all I get is the weather radar screen and cannot flip down to get weather info. If I kill the app then the bug goes away.

Edit: If I change the theme then I also have this problem. Blurred screens.

Attachment 46529
    It looks like that happens when you pull to refresh in the sidebar while having a location scrolled to the forecast data. Temproary fix is to go to the location (close the sidebar) and scroll up until it goes into pull-to-refresh. The data will reappear.

Fix is coming.
    01-22-2014 12:12 AM
    I can confirm the badge disappears once the temperature goes below zero. iOS cannot display negative numbers. We will probably solve this like charlyee suggested and display negative numbers with a 1000 added (1015 for -15 etc).

Just leaving out the minus sign would probably be confusing especially around the 0 mark where you won't easily know if it is i.e. -4 or +4.
    01-22-2014 12:16 AM
    Dittos to charlyee... It (temp badge) now appears to be working as intended... temp above zero - badge appeared... refreshed app - temp changed, badge changed as well.
    So it is working since version 1.0.35?
    01-22-2014 12:18 AM
    Great app, love it. As has been said already, thanks for the quick feedback and update.

My suggested improvements would be:
    1) Add 'feels like' - but I know you're working on that
    Yep, working on that.
    2) I love the animations, but they regularly get stuck when I open the app - that's my biggest gripe as they look so good
    Working on that, too.
    3) I've set the app to mph, but the text forecast summary still shows wind forecast in kmh which is annoying
    I think the unit system for the text summary is either completely metric or imperial. We only get these two versions from Weather Underground. It will be shown according to the temperature units you have selected. Celsius and kmh for metric, Fahrenheit and mph for imperial.
    4) I'd like the option to show negative temp values on the app icon as 1000's, i.e. 1002 for -2
    We are working on that (see my previous post).
    5) I know the Weather Underground app shows a sentence comparing the current weather to the previous day. I've seen other apps show this and it's really useful, e.g. Weather On app
    Would definitely be useful and as far as I know we do have access to "yesterday's" weather for comparison.
    6) Weather On also allows the user to set a summary forecast push notification. It sends a really useful summary forecast for the day every morning, at a time of the users choice.
    Not a priority but definitely interesting and noted. We might just push today's text summary like you see it in the app.
    01-22-2014 12:26 AM
    pfluger - a question about the text forecasts... How often is the data updated? I'm seeing the daytime forecast for today still at 10PM... Shouldn't that have dropped off by now? Thank you.
    I think forecasts are updated every 3 or 6 hours. Not at what time of the day Weather Underground decides to drop the daytime forecast.

I remember on another platform we were once dropping the daytime forecast on our side at 6pm or 8pm and we got people complaining, so unless it stays after midnight we will probably keep it however Weather Underground provides it.
    01-22-2014 12:34 AM
    So it is working since version 1.0.35?
    Yep. Badge seems to be working well... When it's above zero...
    01-22-2014 12:35 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. Regarding my point 6 about the daily morning push notification, understand it's not top priority, just wanted to say that I agree that using today's text summary should do the job, but adding the comparison to the end of that (my point 5) is what makes the morning notification from Weather On particularly useful. Great job still, loving the app.
    01-22-2014 04:16 AM
    Thanks pfluger! you helped me a lot before when I was blackberry. Installing nowwwww
    01-22-2014 05:40 AM
    Lock screen weather not showing for me. Badge works fine although it's not below zero here. I get notifications of current weather on my pebble. How can I disable that. It's a bit more than I need.
    01-22-2014 06:51 AM
    I get notifications of current weather on my pebble. How can I disable that. It's a bit more than I need.
    You turn it off from the settings screens, see attached screenshot.

01-22-2014 10:30 AM
    pfluger,
    My temp bage still stuck on 50
    TIA
    01-22-2014 12:55 PM
    pfluger,
    My temp bage still stuck on 50
    TIA
    Try deleting and re-install... and then check for updates before setting anything up...
    01-22-2014 01:03 PM
1,058 ... 45678 ...