pfluger,

Congrats on your release and positive initial reviews.

Do you intend to continue with the public beta for future changes?

Here is my wish list for the next release, I think most on are your list:

1. Allow map speed change options.

2. Bold text for alerts

3. Pure black background themes and/or allow more advanced customization with pick background color and pick font color.

Also, I the app is closing sometimes when I tap on it to open.
    11-20-2014 07:52 AM
    I got the can't connect to App Store error as well with the promo code...and then I thought "Screw it" and bought the app. It's the least I can do for all the work and lord knows the app is worth it. $2.99 is far cheaper than what I paid for be weather in BB World anyway lol.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 11-20-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    11-20-2014 08:22 AM
    pfluger,

2. Bold text for alerts

3. Pure black background themes and/or allow more advanced customization with pick background color and pick font color.

Forgot: #4. A widget map similar to the weather underground widget map.
    11-20-2014 10:15 AM
    I think he mentioned a widget map for a future update. Or something. Don't recall exactly.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    11-20-2014 10:17 AM
    pfluger,

Yes, we plan to keep pushing out beta versions via TestFlight. All feedback etc will go into the now 'official' BeWeather 2 thread here in iMore.

2. Bold text for alerts

All on our list.

We have multiple reports about this. We haven't been able to reproduce this yet. I hope we can have a fix soon.
    11-20-2014 02:40 PM
    I think he mentioned a widget map for a future update. Or something. Don't recall exactly.

Yes, a widget map is planned.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-20-2014 02:41 PM
    One thing I just noticed in the widget I'd that when I have a weather alert it shows the red bar, but it shows the name of the city instead of what type of weather alert it is. It would be useful to have it show the alert or even scroll the alert.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
    John Yester likes this.
    11-21-2014 06:45 AM
    A couple of things on the beta.
    1) the icon at the top under the location is ever so slightly cut off
    Attachment 72301
    2) changing locations in the widget sometimes gets the Unable to Load message. Swiping Notification Center closed and open a few times refreshes it or something and the location you were trying to view shows in the widget
    Attachment 72302
    3) suggestion - a setting in the app for the widget to only show the current location. I never use the alternate locations in the widget except to test it
    4) suggestion - rather than maintain each locations' scroll position when switching locations, could it make the scroll position the same on each page. So if I've scrolled to the bottom on my main location and I switch to the second location, it would also be at the bottom? Same for whether a section was expanded or not. If I expand it on one location, I'd like it to be already expanded when I switch locations.
    11-26-2014 10:36 AM
    Up until this past week, I was receiving alert notifications to my lock screen and NC screen each hour. But now I get 3 early in the morning. One at 4:00 am, 5, and 6. Then they stop until the next morning.??

12-16-2014 02:46 PM
    Just downloaded my invite to the free beta (it had gotten stuck in spam purgatory).
    I noted the following; 1) display overlap on location list 2) weather map never loaded 3) I had one crashed yet scrolling past last location but I couldn't replicate it.
    Attachment 78255
    Attachment 78256
    03-04-2015 05:01 PM
    I've got 5 beta Apps in TestFlight. The only ones that go to Spam Purgatory are the BeWeather apps. All the others come in on the inbox. The others are on different gmail accounts though. But still odd. They're all iTunes, which I have in contacts and set as VIP in mail. ?
    Anyhow, the free version has the same "share" issue as the paid version. Here's an example I put on a black background to see the issue better.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425510466.338173.jpg

Again, as I said before, you can barely make out the BeWeather logo and name. And the white strip at the top looks bad. So far everything else looks ok. Gotta look some more.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)
    03-04-2015 06:10 PM
    1. The weather map opens already in motion.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425511209.736206.jpg

2. The "Upgrade Now" button needs a better spot so as not to anger users. It's sorta in the way. Like this:
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425511797.554704.jpg

But perhaps something like this would keep users from saying words not allowed on iMore.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425511922.502898.jpg

03-04-2015 06:32 PM
    The free version seems to lag behind the paid version with the temp badge. I have to launch the app to update the temp.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425536601.831968.jpg

03-05-2015 01:23 AM
    Temp lag always happens with the latest beta for me, always have to open to get the right temp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-05-2015 08:27 AM
    I have paid version and the temp badge is never right. Always have open it.
    03-05-2015 11:54 PM
    I have paid version and the temp badge is never right. Always have open it.
    Have you tried switching to a different personal weather station. Some update more timely than others. You can set to see "reported at" and tell when they update their info.

03-06-2015 01:20 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511209.736206.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	280.1 KB 
ID:	78262

2. The "Upgrade Now" button needs a better spot so as not to anger users. It's sorta in the way. Like this:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511797.554704.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	78263

But perhaps something like this would keep users from saying words not allowed on iMore.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511922.502898.jpg 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	78264

The free version is limited in the number of locations you can add. That should avoid the overlapping as you cannot add that many locations. I will have to double check. Your suggested layout does make sense though.

You can have more locations in the free version if you have the paid version installed. The sync their settings, so whatever number of locations you have in the paid version will also be in the free one.
    03-07-2015 06:28 PM
    The free version seems to lag behind the paid version with the temp badge. I have to launch the app to update the temp.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425536601.831968.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	78285

The free version does not support the homescreen icon temperature badge. Temperature badge, weather alerts and lockscreen weather are the only features not available in the free version. (Basically everything that would run in the background. We have to limit the number of data requests to our servers) You will get a upgrade request message when you try to enable them in the free version.

The problem here is that settings are synced between the free and paid version. As you have turned the setting on in the paid version, it was also somehow half-heartedly enabled in the free version ;-)
    03-07-2015 06:32 PM
    The free version does not support the homescreen icon temperature badge. Temperature badge, weather alerts and lockscreen weather are the only features not available in the free version. (Basically everything that would run in the background. We have to limit the number of data requests to our servers) You will get a upgrade request message when you try to enable them in the free version.

The problem here is that settings are synced between the free and paid version. As you have turned the setting on in the paid version, it was also somehow half-heartedly enabled in the free version ;-)
    They do have separate notifications listed in the phone's settings. I turned the badge for the free version off. The 2 seem completely independent of one another. But that may just be my perception. I suppose the syncing causes that perception.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425909727.872158.jpg

03-09-2015 10:02 AM
    We need your help! The free version needs reviews.

If you have a minute, it would be great if you could download BeWeather 2 Free at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bewe...mUvbUpU2471623 and leave a review for it! You can of course uninstall it right away if you are already use the paid version.
    03-09-2015 09:47 PM

If you have a minute, it would be great if you could download BeWeather 2 Free at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bewe...mUvbUpU2471665 and leave a review for it! You can of course uninstall it right away if you are already use the paid version.
    Done
    pfluger likes this.
    03-09-2015 10:45 PM
    It seems to work as well as the paid version. I have much of it turned off so as not to interfere with the paid version. But I find no issues.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    03-12-2015 03:17 PM

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511209.736206.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	280.1 KB 
ID:	78262

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511797.554704.jpg 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	78263

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511922.502898.jpg 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	78264

In pfluger's defense, the free version only allows 5 locations, so the fact that the update button partially obscures the "add location" link below the 5th location is really not an issue.
    03-12-2015 05:48 PM

If you have a minute, it would be great if you could download BeWeather 2 Free at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bewe...mUvbUpU2473682 and leave a review for it! You can of course uninstall it right away if you are already use the paid version.

reviewed.
    03-12-2015 05:50 PM
    I am having an issue with both the free and the paid version. I was out of the country for about 10 days. I've been back for > 20 hours, but the location-based location is still showing the out-of-the-country airport location. I have done a hard reset, and force-quit both the free and paid version. Privacy > Location > BeWeather (paid and free) are both set to ALWAYS.
    03-12-2015 06:58 PM
1,058 ... 40414243