BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In my example, Madison WI's time is also 5:58pm (same as my local time in Chicago area). So this does not seem correct.
I don't think BeWeather 2 and it's developers have control over that. It's like Weather Underground. Have you tried changing your personal weather station?

Never mind!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
This is the best weather app....and I have tried most of them. I just moved it to my front page as my primary weather app.

A small request. I now like the darker themes as it seems to make all the reported info more readable. I would love to see the dark blue theme use a pure black as the background vs the very dark grey. Plus I would still like to see a light theme with a dark blue font. Love how we can customize this app.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
pfluger,
I did not have to reset the iconset for the widget in NC after this update.
Everything is fine with the rest of the app as well.
Good Luck

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I gave done both. Maybe it's my old 5 with the A6 chip. 3 stable sections is a big improvement on my phone. But I'll work with it some more. I tap on the widget, rub it, remove and add back, and switch to the Notification side and back. :)

Hmm I'm on a 5c and didn't encounter problems with the widget except once when the widget froze. That was after I deleted a few locations and the app crashed.
Can you give me the name of an icon set that doesn't work for you?

Actually the app crashed again after I removed locations. If I keep an location open while I remove it, the moment I scroll (within the app) to another location the app crashes.

Now I wonder if the widget froze because I had it on a location that I deleted within the app. Will check that later today. 4.50am now and getting ready to leave for work.

Also within the app, when there is a weather alert, the icon above the temperature is cut off (map closed). Changing the weather station for that location, opening the map or scrolling down the upper part of the screen fixes it.
Not a huge problem though.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just encountered a strange thing. I have Map Preview OFF. In the app, on the GPS location, I opened the weather map. All was well. I tapped the X to close it and the screen got weird. The top half of the screen disappeared, the bottom of the screen was displayed at the top, and part of the map was left displayed at the bottom of the screen. I was able to scroll through the other locations, and they were fine. However, scrolling back to the GPS location did not restore the screen. I had to force close the app to get it back.

View attachment 70641 View attachment 70642 View attachment 70644

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I gave done both. Maybe it's my old 5 with the A6 chip. 3 stable sections is a big improvement on my phone. But I'll work with it some more. I tap on the widget, rub it, remove and add back, and switch to the Notification side and back. :)

It can't be the phone. Just double checked on an iPhone 4s and it works with all sections and custom icons.

Do you have other widgets in the notification center? Maybe you can try using BeWeather only.

beweather2_screenshot_widget_iphone4s.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It can't be the phone. Just double checked on an iPhone 4s and it works with all sections and custom icons.

Do you have other widgets in the notification center? Maybe you can try using BeWeather only.

View attachment 70649

I have a few widgets. Launcher is my big one. I created most if the PNG images used. That may be it. I'll delete all but those and see how it does. If it's working for everyone else, don't worry about me. I doubt I'll use more than 3 sections at a time. Here's my Launcher:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415170381.240915.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you please tell me what is new in BeWeather iPhone app ?
It's a great weather app. It offers a lot of customization. Even a variety of font styles and many iconsets to choose. You can even create your own custom iconsets. There are 8 color themes to choose from. Plus a weather widget with up to 5 weather sections. It's like Weather Underground on steroids. It should be available in the App Store soon.
App:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171326.390359.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171338.123709.jpg

Widget:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171359.540326.jpg

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
pfluger,
Great app and all of the improvements are value added.
I know you're working on this but I can't wait for your map in widgets.
I ready to get rid of the off-centered Weather Underground Map in widgets.
Good Luck

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several icon sets and themes in the widget, all sections, 5 locations. No issues whatsoever, not even a bounce!

Great job with this update!

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I spoke too soon...

The Savoye Let Plain font crashed both the app and the widget. I switched to it for the widget first, and it was too wide for almost everything and was cut off. I swiped to my last location, then changed to another font, but the widget froze before it could change. I tried removing and adding the widget to no avail. It's stuck.

I then tried using that same font in the app to see what would happen. it froze and force closed as soon as the font selection screen closed. Now the app won't open. It'll display for a second showing the menu with the old font still selected and then close down, even after I force quit the app or restart the phone.

I had to delete and reinstall. Selected that font again and got the same result. Now to reinstall again...

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to soon regarding the app updating in the background. Not sure why it did it last night, but not doing it today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,
Good Luck

So there could be a replacement for the the WU widget map? Great!

IMG_0140.PNG

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,
Good Luck
We have everything in place for in-widget map, but it won't make it into the first official release. It adds too much instability, not ready for prime-time yet.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I spoke to soon regarding the app updating in the background. Not sure why it did it last night, but not doing it today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you every quit the app by swiping it up from the task manager (double clicking the home button)?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I spoke too soon...

The Savoye Let Plain font crashed both the app and the widget. I switched to it for the widget first, and it was too wide for almost everything and was cut off. I swiped to my last location, then changed to another font, but the widget froze before it could change. I tried removing and adding the widget to no avail. It's stuck.

I then tried using that same font in the app to see what would happen. it froze and force closed as soon as the font selection screen closed. Now the app won't open. It'll display for a second showing the menu with the old font still selected and then close down, even after I force quit the app or restart the phone.

I had to delete and reinstall. Selected that font again and got the same result. Now to reinstall again...

I was able to reproduce this. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like that font isn't available on OS 8.1 anymore. We will remove it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73