I can't add many widgets and the BeWeather 2 widget remain stable with 4 sections. I had 12 of 20 from Launcher and a countdown widget. BeWeather worked ok. I added Neato, and BeWeather vanished. So to have the widgets I want in addition to BeWeather 2, I'll need to just use 3 sections. As a test, I deleted the countdown widget, and BeWeather came back to life. Is anyone else seeing this correlation between number of widgets and how well the BeWeather widget works?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-09-2014 03:19 PM
    No, I ran at least 4 widgets with Beweather widget.
    11-09-2014 03:21 PM
    I'm running eight different widgets including BeWeather2. No problems with 4 sections of BW2
    11-09-2014 03:27 PM
    I'm running eight different widgets including BeWeather2. No problems with 4 sections of BW2
    Maybe it's Launcher causing my problems. I can cut those down to 8 and see what happens.

11-09-2014 03:49 PM
    Maybe it's Launcher causing my problems. I can cut those down to 8 and see what happens.

Maybe thats why Apple discontinued Launcher app??
    11-09-2014 04:03 PM

I have all 16 showing in launcher and haven't had problems with BW2. But I'm not using any custom icons in launcher either, so that might be your issue.
    11-09-2014 05:26 PM
    Ok back from our camping trip. Is the final app ready?
    11-09-2014 06:21 PM
    From our experience anywhere between 6 and 48 hours.
    So it looks like Apple doesn't work on weekends. Maybe it get's approved tomorrow.
    11-09-2014 09:31 PM
    I have all 16 showing in launcher and haven't had problems with BW2. But I'm not using any custom icons in launcher either, so that might be your issue.
    Maybe. I used PNG images. I created most myself. I really don't know. He said it's not my old iP 5. Maybe it's a cache issue. 16? I had 20.

11-09-2014 09:49 PM
    I can't add many widgets and the BeWeather 2 widget remain stable with 4 sections. I had 12 of 20 from Launcher and a countdown widget. BeWeather worked ok. I added Neato, and BeWeather vanished. So to have the widgets I want in addition to BeWeather 2, I'll need to just use 3 sections. As a test, I deleted the countdown widget, and BeWeather came back to life. Is anyone else seeing this correlation between number of widgets and how well the BeWeather widget works?

It is strange that one widget does influence another one. That would be a poor implementation on Apple's side. It could mean that when other widgets run the maximum allowed memory changes for all widgets.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-09-2014 10:54 PM
    So it looks like Apple doesn't work on weekends. Maybe it get's approved tomorrow.

This is definitely the longest we have waited for beta approval yet. It just went from 'Waiting for Review' into 'In Review'. So somebody is currently working on it ;-)
    11-09-2014 10:55 PM
    Just got the notification for the latest update (2.0.31). Downloading now.
    11-10-2014 02:03 PM
    Yep! Let's Roll!

11-10-2014 02:04 PM
    One issue with 2.0.31. It looks like the temperature on the main app screen is clipped just a bit at the bottom:

Attachment 71105

The move to add the weather measurement unit to the label was genius. I love it.

Still testing stability and other issues.
    11-10-2014 02:10 PM
    2.0.31 Comments:

1. Radar now seems to slow. How about a setting for fade time? (A few other weather apps have this). I think you said it was not possible but if we could have more timed radar (e.g. 2 hours) and a faster fade time that would be great.

2. With bold fonts on, the current temp font is now too bold/think I think. The rest of the app looks very good with bold fonts.

3. In Alert statements, the fonts are too small/light. Can this be changed?

4. A suggestion for themes. Give us two theme choice: Background color and text color. This would give us much more customization options which is one of the key differentiating factors for this app vs others.

5. Swipe locations in a continuous circle. I have 6 locations setup, when I get to the last swiping right to left can it just go to the first location instead of having to reverse back thru all the locations?

This app is really coming along nicely. In later version it would be nice to add a few more layers to the maps like weather alerts and lightening....but wouldn't hold up release for this.
    11-10-2014 02:44 PM
    One issue with 2.0.31. It looks like the temperature on the main app screen is clipped just a bit at the bottom:

Attachment 71105

The move to add the weather measurement unit to the label was genius. I love it.

Still testing stability and other issues.
    I don't get the clipped temp.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1415649515.660566.jpg

11-10-2014 02:58 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415649515.660566.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	71112

Neither do I. So far everything appears to be working good and as expected on my 5s (iOS 8.1). Nice update.
    11-10-2014 03:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415649515.660566.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	71112

Seems to be on iPhone 6 Plus only.
    11-10-2014 03:06 PM
    I do have a 6 Plus. But the clipping seems to be related to the font that I select. I haven’t tested them all, but of the 5 or 6 that I tested, only Avenir is clipped - which is strange because the font for the temp field does not change - it remains fixed at (I think) Helvetica Neue.

If I switch to the default font (Helvetica Neue), it doesn’t. If I use Avenir (my personal preference) it does. And it’s strange, because the temp font does not change. Must be the way the other text based fields work with/around the temperature field.

And I am not seeing any clipping in the widget - even though the widget temp font does change with the settings, unlike the app itself.

My question to Pfluger would be why is the temp font customizable in the widget and not the app itself? And what are the functional differences between the two parts (app and widget) as it relates to the font setting?
    Last edited by HankAZ; 11-10-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    11-10-2014 03:07 PM
    2.0.31 Comments:

1. Radar now seems to slow. How about a setting for fade time? (A few other weather apps have this). I think you said it was not possible but if we could have more timed radar (e.g. 2 hours) and a faster fade time that would be great.
    We could add a setting like slow, medium, fast. It seems everyone prefers a different timing. Or maybe we can find a way to add this right to the map playback controls.

2. With bold fonts on, the current temp font is now too bold/think I think. The rest of the app looks very good with bold fonts.
    Our internal build uses the non bold version for the temperature even when the global bold text setting is on. Seems to work better.

3. In Alert statements, the fonts are too small/light. Can this be changed?
    Bug fixed in internal build. The alert screen doesn't follow the bold text setting.

4. A suggestion for themes. Give us two theme choice: Background color and text color. This would give us much more customization options which is one of the key differentiating factors for this app vs others.
    We don't want to overwhelm user with too many options, but I see this definitely being a feature for the future. I guess we would add the option to select 'custom' as a theme which would then reveal extra customization options.

5. Swipe locations in a continuous circle. I have 6 locations setup, when I get to the last swiping right to left can it just go to the first location instead of having to reverse back thru all the locations?
    I understand advanced users do prefer this, but regular users easily get lost using that configuration.
    11-10-2014 03:14 PM
    Basically the same issue for me regarding the widget stability with 4 sections. 3 sections aren't doing too well either. The font style won't change. It stays the same, no matter how I set it. I don't mind the bold font on the temp. It might be a bit too bold. But not by much.
    Update: Stable on 3 sections with 6 widgets. 4 sections with 2 widgets...Maybe.

11-10-2014 03:35 PM
    We could add a setting like slow, medium, fast. It seems everyone prefers a different timing. Or maybe we can find a way to add this right to the map playback controls.

Our internal build uses the non bold version for the temperature even when the global bold text setting is on. Seems to work better.

Ok for map speed one other app uses slider for infinite number of speeds settings. This slider was on the map and would fade away to invisible after a few seconds.

And using non bold font even with bold on sounds better.

Thanks for being so responsive.
    11-10-2014 03:52 PM
    I like the radar slow like it is. It gives me a chance to watch the time as well as the radar map in motion. I like to know where a storm is or has been at a time. When they go too fast, it's hard to watch the time.

TurboTiger likes this.
    11-10-2014 06:24 PM
    Got it downloaded and really impressed so far. I always liked this app.
    11-10-2014 06:34 PM
    I like the radar slow like it is. It gives me a chance to watch the time as well as the radar map in motion. I like to know where a storm is or has been at a time. When they go too fast, it's hard to watch the time.

I'm with you Ledsteplin.
    Good Luck
    carrickfergus likes this.
    11-10-2014 06:40 PM
1,058 ... 3334353637 ...