Custom iconset? Did you re-select the iconset for the widget in the BeWeather settings?
    Not custom. I've tried 4 of those listed in the App. Reselected for app and widget.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-04-2014 02:18 PM
    There appears to be an issue (consistency) with the font setting. I have both the app and widget font set to Avenir, yet it looks different - look at the curve of the '7' on the app screen as opposed to the '7' on the widget screen.

Attachment 70597Attachment 70598
    11-04-2014 02:36 PM
    There appears to be an issue (consistency) with the font setting. I have both the app and widget font set to Avenir, yet it looks different - look at the curve of the '7' on the app screen as opposed to the '7' on the widget screen.

Apparently the font for the temp in the App does not change to a font you select. It stays the same.

11-04-2014 02:40 PM
    Apparently the font for the temp in the App does not change to a font you select. It stays the same.
    That’s unfortunate. Why would you be able to tweak every font in the app except that one? Doesn't make sense to me.
    11-04-2014 02:47 PM
    That’s unfortunate. Why would you be able to tweak every font in the app except that one? Doesn't make sense to me.
    I agree this would make sense. Why not the main Temp font? Maybe in a future update, Lets get this BeWeather2 to the app store.
    11-04-2014 03:05 PM
    Thats unfortunate. Why would you be able to tweak every font in the app except that one? Doesn't make sense to me.
    My guess is they want something iOS 7ish looking to appease Apple. (joking). I'd like it to change as well. I don't care for the thin lines either. I'm with you on a bolder font for the temp in the App. When iOS 7 first came out, I could not read the date on the Calendar app icon.

11-04-2014 03:05 PM
    Coming in next update.

Left: Default Font
    Right: Default Font with iOS 'Bold Text' Accessibility setting

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-beweather2_screenshot_defaultfont.jpg BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-beweather2_screenshot_boldfont.jpg
    11-04-2014 05:46 PM
    Good job with the latest update. No more bouncing widget!

I dont have any active weather alerts, but curious to know if the issue with the main weather icon being tucked up under the banner (in the app) is still there.

And Im still lobbying for an option to bold the temperature on the app screen (like it is on the widget).

Attachment 70592 Attachment 70593
    I would like to see this bold also
    11-04-2014 06:16 PM
    Coming in next update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beweather2_screenshot_defaultfont.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	70611 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beweather2_screenshot_boldfont.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	70612
    Great!
    11-04-2014 06:18 PM
    This update was a huge step forward. The widget is very stable so far even without the default icon set. The app itself and badge updated in the background for the first time.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
    11-04-2014 06:28 PM
    There seems to be a bug in hourly view. After sunset, today's sunset goes to the end of the list after sunset.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0137.png
    11-04-2014 06:33 PM
    Coming in next update.

Name:	beweather2_screenshot_boldfont.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	70612
    By way of clarification, I want a way to bold the TEMP on the app's main screen, not all the text on that screen. Please/thanks.
    11-04-2014 06:38 PM
    This is a fine tuning comment but on the day of the week section the weather icons and high/lo temps could be centered/lined up on the screen better. The hi/low temps seem off the the right a bit too much.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0137.png
    11-04-2014 06:41 PM
    By way of clarification, I want a way to bold the TEMP on the app's main screen, not all the text on that screen. Please/thanks.
    I would like bold for all text using iOS bold text setting.
    11-04-2014 06:43 PM
    One more thing. The 24-hour clock setting still doesn’t work.
    11-04-2014 06:58 PM
    There seems to be another bug on the hourly section that affect locations that are not the home location. In a non home location, there could be a day light saving time bug. Here it shows time is 5:58 pm but that does not show up correctly in the hourly section. Now and sunset are showing before the actual time.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0138.png
    11-04-2014 07:03 PM
    Minor issue: when you select a widget icon set and it returns to the widget settings page, it show the widget icon set as default. It has the correct one because checking NC or going back to the main settings page and returning to the widget settings fixes it.
    11-04-2014 07:08 PM
    I would like bold for all text using iOS bold text setting.
    We actually added both. If you look closely at the left screenshot above, the temperature is a little heavier than in the current version.
    11-04-2014 09:36 PM

We have tried applying the custom font settings and it doesn't really work. Widths/heights vary so much that using any other font will usually lead to cut off or distorted temperature display.

See attached screenshot for an example.

We will have to spend some time in the future to fine-tune every font separately. For now it will simply use the default font regardless of the custom font.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0778.jpg
    11-04-2014 09:41 PM
    This update was a huge step forward. The widget is very stable so far even without the default icon set. The app itself and badge updated in the background for the first time.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
    Great to hear! Main problem with the widget was a memory restriction that iOS imposes on extensions. Once an extension uses more than 10MB it gets killed. Considering a fully loaded iconset is 20MB in size it wasn't easy to get under that limit ;-)

How is the widget doing for everyone else? Especially those that had problems when using multiple sections and custom iconsets?
    11-04-2014 09:43 PM
    Not custom. I've tried 4 of those listed in the App. Reselected for app and widget.

Can you try removing/re-adding the widget. Also try restarting the phone.
    11-04-2014 09:45 PM
    There seems to be another bug on the hourly section that affect locations that are not the home location. In a non home location, there could be a day light saving time bug. Here it shows time is 5:58 pm but that does not show up correctly in the hourly section. Now and sunset are showing before the actual time.

Name:	IMG_0138.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	70624
    The time you see in the status bar is always your local time. The times you see in the hourly forecast are relative to the location's time zone.
    11-04-2014 09:48 PM
    There seems to be a bug in hourly view. After sunset, today's sunset goes to the end of the list after sunset.

Name:	IMG_0137.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	70617
    After sunset it will show tomorrow's sunset. I see how that could be confusing and also seems to lead to a display bug (the overlapping). We will remove the sunset in this case.

EDIT: Just double checked, it does make sense to show sunset after sunrise, but it looks strange when there are no forecasts in-between. (See my screenshot) We will have to look into this.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0779.png
    11-04-2014 09:50 PM
    Minor issue: when you select a widget icon set and it returns to the widget settings page, it show the widget icon set as default. It has the correct one because checking NC or going back to the main settings page and returning to the widget settings fixes it.
    Strange. I am not able to replicate this. Anyone else seeing this? What iOS version are you on?
    11-04-2014 09:55 PM
    We have tried applying the custom font settings and it doesn't really work. Widths/heights vary so much that using any other font will usually lead to cut off or distorted temperature display.

See attached screenshot for an example.

We will have to spend some time in the future to fine-tune every font separately. For now it will simply use the default font regardless of the custom font.
    Pfluger, please understand that I am not trying to be critical. I truly appreciate the fact that you are here interacting with us and allowing us input into your development process. I understand that everything that we (I) want will not be possible, and I am thankful that you have allowed me a voice, nonetheless. BeWeather 2 is a really good weather app, and I am excited to be helping to make it better in whatever way I can.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-04-2014 09:55 PM
1,058 ... 3031323334 ...