So the icon badge is showing a different value than the first (current location) in the app? Can you try to pull to refresh that location?
    Not changing even when pulling to refresh.
    01-18-2014 10:05 AM
    pfluger,

Bugs:
    Temp Badge Not Changing
    I just opened the app and the latest refresh was 45 min ago. ( I have Background App Refresh enabled)
    Selecting one of your themes doesn't stick. Reverts back to the one (yours) I selected when I installed the app.

Suggestions:
    Add "Feels Like" to the main screen;
    Add the forecasted HI and LO for the day to the main screen - or gives us the option to do so
    Give us the option to add more info to the main screen.
    Option to update the current conditions every: 5 mins, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hr, etc.

TIA
    01-18-2014 10:18 AM
    I am totally and fully aware this is their first iOS app. I'm not happy with the fact that the app sold was no better than most free apps. But sometimes wisdom is far greater than plain old knowledge. I don't mind paying for what I get. But I definitely want to get what I pay for. In this case I only lost a few dollars and I don't feel I got anything for it. Played on the field of nostalgia.
    I totally agree with this post. It's almost as though I paid for Yahoo weather which was free. I hope the future updates will improve this app drastically...IMHO
    pr1nce and blackmagicwoman like this.
    01-18-2014 11:49 AM
    I'm disappointed with the app so far. IMO it's no different than the native weather app, with the exception of the radar.
    Spencerdl and blackmagicwoman like this.
    01-18-2014 12:09 PM
    We have been able to reproduce this. Fix will be included in the next update.
    Thanks. Yeah it crashes on me when I open in iOS 7.1 beta 3.
    01-18-2014 01:42 PM
    Love this app: It is now my fav/only weather app. And a temp badge to boot
    01-18-2014 02:00 PM
    Feels like temp?
    Feels like temperature is coming.
    01-18-2014 02:11 PM
    Feels like temperature is coming.
    Can you change the icon to the current weather? I believe the bb one had it?
    01-18-2014 02:38 PM
    Can you change the icon to the current weather? I believe the bb one had it?
    Apple doesn’t allow dynamic icons... the best you can hope for is the temperature in the icon badging...
    01-18-2014 03:06 PM
    Apple doesnt allow dynamic icons... the best you can hope for is the temperature in the icon badging...
    Ok thanks. I didn't know that. Bummer
    01-18-2014 03:07 PM
    There are of course many bugs in here or things people want that we had in the day with the BB Berryweather App. I did beta testing on that and we could all notify Pfluger of things like this and he always came through. He will here too with as he said, His first venture into IOS but when he gets it, This will be a killer weather app.
    kam2958 likes this.
    01-18-2014 03:49 PM
    Catching up to Blackberry, 1 App at a time!!! LOL. About time....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    01-18-2014 05:15 PM
    If you say so...

Meanwhile, in reality... the lack of apps is why a lot of people have left Blackberry for greener app pastures... But hey, as long as you feel good about the device you're using... That's all that really matters isn't it?

Now, let's get back on the topic of discussing BeWeather on the iPhone, shall we?
    iOS Gravity and anon(73368) like this.
    01-18-2014 05:53 PM
    I can't get past the get started screen. It crashes every time I open the app. I'm running the latest beta.
    01-18-2014 06:44 PM
    I can't get past the get started screen. It crashes every time I open the app. I'm running the latest beta.
    It's because of the beta... It's a known issue that will be fixed... As the developer notes up thread...
    iOS Gravity and pfluger like this.
    01-18-2014 07:21 PM
    To also add to what Keith mentions the Developer also asks that any issues he would please appreciate what you would like to see for future builds are mentioned here for him to read. Same goes with any bugs found. This is really his only way to know what is going on to make this app as he eventually wants it to be and I assure you he will, Count on it. He realizes that IOS and they way they operate are far different than BlackBerry so he is limited on how he can control errors.

[NOTE]NOTE: If you are running the new beta it is not really worth mentioning anything right now as he built the app on an official IOS and knows all about the beta. He is building and taking care of bug fixes from the latest signed official IOS just so if you are running a beta you know and so does he. Thank you.[/NOTE]
    01-18-2014 07:59 PM
    H please send me a PM need to talk when you have time. Talk soon

Awesome app BTW
    01-19-2014 02:17 AM

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I don't knock Blackberry, but this **** is the funniest post I've ever read! Thanks man!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-19-2014 10:06 AM
    Regarding weather animation (selected in Settings), when I open the app, I see a static display of the animated screen. I need to go into Settings, tap Done, and return to the main screen. Animation then works as expected.
    01-19-2014 10:15 AM
    Thanks to OP for bringing a new weather app choice.

Setting locations, refreshing weather for a location, and changing themes have generated app crashes.

I do like the relative simplicity. Please don't add a bunch of social media clutter, but if you have to, then please include options to hide those screens/features in the app.

Awesome that you're pulling info from Weatherunderground. But as others have noted, not sure if temp refresh is working unless I manually force an update. I understand that data source and temp/weather condition update frquency are not related, unless Weatherunderground only supports "N" data pulls/polls per given timeframe. Would be cool if the temps in the app icon, Notification Screen, and app were synced. Perhaps they are?

I cleared the Notification Screen update, and as an experiment, power cycled the phone. Not sure if that process will trigger a new update in the Notification Screen. Perhaps I'm too used to Android functionality and behavior in this regard.

Went on a day trip yesterday and experimented with BeWeather as my primary app. It automatically picked up new location and dynamically displayed the correct city (was not in my manually added locations list).

Overall, glad to see more choices for quality weather apps.
    Last edited by Dog5000; 01-19-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    01-19-2014 10:22 AM
    It is stating my location properly as North Bethesda, MD but the pin is going in the heart of Rockville. I will update with a pic.
    01-19-2014 01:40 PM
    Here is the image: BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1390156929.528047.jpg
    North Bethesda is just before Bethesda, MD.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-19-2014 01:43 PM
    Regarding weather animation (selected in Settings), when I open the app, I see a static display of the animated screen. I need to go into Settings, tap Done, and return to the main screen. Animation then works as expected.
    Yes, I can confirm this. There seem to be instances where the animation doesn't start. We will look into this.
    01-19-2014 03:00 PM
    Thanks to OP for bringing a new weather app choice.

Setting locations, refreshing weather for a location, and changing themes have generated app crashes.

I do like the relative simplicity. Please don't add a bunch of social media clutter, but if you have to, then please include options to hide those screens/features in the app.

Awesome that you're pulling info from Weatherunderground. But as others have noted, not sure if temp refresh is working unless I manually force an update. I understand that data source and temp/weather condition update frquency are not related, unless Weatherunderground only supports "N" data pulls/polls per given timeframe. Would be cool if the temps in the app icon, Notification Screen, and app were synced. Perhaps they are?
    All the temperatures (in app, icon badge, notification) should be in sync. Whatever the app displays you will also see on the icon badge/notification.

I cleared the Notification Screen update, and as an experiment, power cycled the phone. Not sure if that process will trigger a new update in the Notification Screen. Perhaps I'm too used to Android functionality and behavior in this regard.
    We do not have precise control about the timing. Basically iOS calls our app roughly every hour in the background. That is when we put the notification up. We can obviously only put the notification up while the phone is locked. So after restarting the phone you will usually not see the notification right away. It may take up to an hour.

I just realize that this might be leading to a problem. If you just happen to have the phone unlocked exactly every hour when we want to put the notification up you would never see the notification. Thanks for bringing that up We will have to look into this.
    Trees likes this.
    01-19-2014 03:07 PM
    It is stating my location properly as North Bethesda, MD but the pin is going in the heart of Rockville. I will update with a pic.
    I can confirm this. The pin is on the weather station's location, not on your actual location. We will fix this. We will probably keep the pin on the weather station and add that typical blue dot on your current location and then center the map there.
    sanibel likes this.
    01-19-2014 03:10 PM
1,058 12345 ...