The stability of the widget has become worse instead of better. Still testing the new beta

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    10-31-2014 04:21 PM
    The stability of the widget has become worse instead of better. Still testing the new beta

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    Me too. I can't get the widget to do more than briefly flash and then disappear. Even going back to all default icon sets and fonts didn't help.
    10-31-2014 04:26 PM
    I finally got these two sections to work with this icon set, but it flashes on and off.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1414787332.669394.jpg
    10-31-2014 04:29 PM
    I can get some to work but not most. So far. At least the map is staying closed. I get an iconset to work, but when I tap to change location it goes away.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414787410.712422.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    10-31-2014 04:30 PM
    A couple of observations from 2.0.22:

Widget:
    Tapping on the Minutely Forecast no longer tries to display the rain graph, as stated by Pfluger (above).

App:
    • Settings > Map Preview > [OFF] does hide the map. The screen says that to see the full map, pull down on the weather data, but I cannot get that to work.
    • Tapping on any of the 4 positions around the main weather icon and temp opens a list of available weather information settings that can replace the current info. Was not aware of that in the previous versions.
    • Settings > 24-Hour Time does not appear to be working. I have it [ON], yet it shows Reported At: 1:03 pm.
    10-31-2014 04:31 PM
    The actual app is working good for me. It's the widget that's giving me problems now. It was working better before this last update.
    10-31-2014 04:32 PM

Widget:
    Tapping on the Minutely Forecast no longer tries to display the rain graph, as stated by Pfluger (above).

App:
    • Settings > Map Preview > [OFF] does hide the map. The screen says that to see the full map, pull down on the weather data, but I cannot get that to work.
    • Tapping on any of the 4 positions around the main weather icon and temp opens a list of available weather information settings that can replace the current info. Was not aware of that in the previous versions.
    • Settings > 24-Hour Time does not appear to be working. I have it [ON], yet it shows Reported At: 1:03 pm.
    Pulling down to get the full map works for me.
    The tapping on the four positions around the main temp has been there for a while I think.
    10-31-2014 04:36 PM
    The tapping on the four positions around the main temp has been there for a while I think.
    Yes the ability to change the four positions around the main temp has been there. I'm not having any problems that I can see with the main app. Except the 24hr setting
    10-31-2014 04:38 PM
    Widget is working fine here. I cycled through all of my locations with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-31-2014 05:10 PM

Widget:

App:
    In number 3 about tapping on the 4 positions, I pointed that out with a screenshot in an earlier comment.
    My map and screen works fine now.
    Those widget iconsets though. SMH Gotta be a way to stabilize those.
    My phone has crashed twice since checking out this update. That's never happened before for any reason. I'm at 95% battery, then suddenly the Apple logo appears.

10-31-2014 05:14 PM
    Got it. I was trying to pull down on the temp area. If I pull down on the Daily Forecast area, it works.

I think I’m pretty happy with this version. I would still like to see the current temp on the App bolded to match the way it is displayed on the widget. I’d like it to "pop" a bit. Otherwise, it’s working great.

The 24-hour clock thing is a little annoying, but I just turned it off for now, and it’s all good. No major concerns.
    10-31-2014 05:15 PM
    Widget is working fine here. I cycled through all of my locations with no problems.

How many widgets did you check?

10-31-2014 05:16 PM
    Only the two that I normally run. Current conditions and 3 day forecast.

10-31-2014 05:18 PM
    I just loaded all of the options. No problem with the widget disappearing but the text forecast now is cut off by my calendar widget.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414790776.400056.jpg

10-31-2014 05:26 PM
    This update is working good on my iPhone 5s. I have tried several icon sets and they all work fine. The only thing I see different is fantastical widget, which is right below BeWeather widget, slides up when I first pull down NC, but it then goes back and stays there. Which to me is not a problem. I am using all five widgets.
    10-31-2014 05:43 PM
    Still having widget troubles. I uninstalled the app completely and reinstalled and added just my current location. Widget (with all sections but defiant icon set) seemed ok. Went back to app and added another location. Widget seemed ok. Swiped widget to second location and it says unable to load.
    10-31-2014 05:54 PM
    Still having widget troubles. I uninstalled the app completely and reinstalled and added just my current location. Widget (with all sections but defiant icon set) seemed ok. Went back to app and added another location. Widget seemed ok. Swiped widget to second location and it says unable to load.
    Then removed the second location from the app. Went back to widget. Still wouldn't display. Removed widget and added it back. Widget didn't display. Opened another app (Tapatalk in this case) and pulled down NC from there. Widget did display. Went back to home screen. Pulled down NC and widget displayed.
    10-31-2014 05:57 PM
    This update is working good on my iPhone 5s. I have tried several icon sets and they all work fine. The only thing I see different is fantastical widget, which is right below BeWeather widget, slides up when I first pull down NC, but it then goes back and stays there. Which to me is not a problem. I am using all five widgets.
    The widget right under BeWeather in NC is now covering up part of the text. It also does not matter what widget is under it same results.
    10-31-2014 06:06 PM
    I see that too. It’s almost like a slow "bounce" of the widget below BeWeather 2. It’s not Fantastical, but ANY widget immediately below BeWeather. I move my widgets around, and the issue follows the widget below BeWeather, regardless of where it is on the list of widgets (top, middle, bottom) or what it is.
    10-31-2014 06:08 PM
    All 5 widgets are working fine on my 5s. I've tried 3 different icon sets so far. It does collapse and expand at first, but that could just be the NC doing that since I've seen others do the same. I've learned that I have to wait a second for NC to refresh before I can tap or scroll.

I'd like the icon set menus to auto scroll to the selected set upon loading. This would make it a whole lot easier to test them out. That's a big list.

The swipe up motion to close the map works great and makes a whole lot more sense, but it doesn't have a fluid transition. Or any transition at all. The top and bottom panes just snap closed. It also skips a bit when opening. It's obviously 2 seperate screens trying to transition in sync, but they're not cooperating with each other. Is anyone else seeing this or am I just due for a restart? iOS 8 has been full of skips and battery leaks so far. Big changes under the hood, I suppose.
    10-31-2014 06:10 PM
    The swipe up motion to close the map works great and makes a whole lot more sense, but it doesn't have a fluid transition. Or any transition at all. The top and bottom panes just snap closed. It also skips a bit when opening. It's obviously 2 seperate screens trying to transition in sync, but they're not cooperating with each other. Is anyone else seeing this or am I just due for a restart? iOS 8 has been full of skips and battery leaks so far. Big changes under the hood, I suppose.
    I’m have the Map Preview OFF, so I don’t have that option. I can pull down on the Daily Forecast and the weather map opens up. Then I tap the X in the upper left corner, and the top/bottom of the screen close together to hide the map. Using that process, it’s "like buttah".

If I turn Map Preview ON, and do as you describe, it’s like the bottom part of the screen is sliding up until the map is hidden, and then it continues up another little bit. Not sure how else it could work, short of just slamming into the top of the screen and stopping. But it’s definitely not as smooth/elegant as the X to close as when Map Preview is OFF.

Also, with Map Preview ON, tapping the X from the full-screen map just returns you to the default screen with the weather map partially opened. I prefer Map Preview OFF, personally.
    10-31-2014 06:23 PM
    Why could there be such a difference in results from one phone to the next? I can't find any common denominator or rhyme or reason. I have no issues in the App itself. I'm not able to check the custom sets yet. But all else looks great! The NC widget is a different bird. It's like the last update for me. A few I can get to work with 3 sections. Most not. Most work with 2 sections, especially if one is the "Current Conditions". I have noticed that for some widget sets, if I wait long enough it will load. But most don't, if they have more than 2 sections. I honestly don't have that many iconsets that work well with more than 2 sections. And when I do get one working, it vanishes if I tap to change location. I, too, like Map Preview Off. Sometimes when I open the map, it's already in motion. I hope it doesn't run while closed. That would be a battery killer. And my phone has crashed 3 times since today's update.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414795833.398034.jpg

10-31-2014 06:50 PM
    I just saw that the new locations I added don't display correctly.
    Plus the app still crashes after I deleted locations and leave the menu to scroll the locations. BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414800849.854766.jpg
    Can't scroll down for a complete view.
    Going to check the widget now.
    10-31-2014 08:15 PM
    Sorry, above the normal view, now a the one that's not displayed correctly. BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414800967.208697.jpg
    10-31-2014 08:16 PM
    So far the widget seems to work well for me, tried most of the icon sets under A and B.
    More later when I have more time.
    10-31-2014 08:31 PM
1,058 ... 2627282930 ...