Bewitching weather for the app and Bboo for the widget with all 5 sections doesn't work.
    10-30-2014 09:01 PM
    We have the radar map for the widget on our list, but first the stability issues have to be worked out. Maps might not make it to the first official release.
    Great news pfluger.
    Looking forward to it.
    Good Luck
    10-30-2014 09:09 PM
    pfluger,
    The dot below the app icon & to the left of the app title doesn't go away after opening the app.
    Good Luck
    10-30-2014 09:37 PM
    pfluger,
    The dot below the app icon & to the left of the app title doesn't go away after opening the app.
    Good Luck
    Do you mean the little red/orange dot? That's just an indication of a beta app.
    10-30-2014 09:39 PM
    I noticed the location title whether in the app or widget doesn't use the selected font.
    10-30-2014 09:39 PM
    Next update.

Attachment 70066
    Yes I mentioned this earlier. Good to see this coming.
    10-30-2014 09:42 PM
    Do you mean the little red/orange dot? That's just an indication of a beta app.
    Got it.
    Tks Karen
    10-30-2014 09:44 PM
    A suggestion of its technically possible. If I'm on the widget but not on the first location and I tap somewhere to open the app, it doesn't open to the location the widget was showing, but instead opens to either the first location or the most recently opened location in the app.
    It should already do that (but obviously doesn't). This is a bug.
    10-30-2014 10:50 PM
    Want to let you know I won't be able to do a lot of testing the next 60 hours. If I have some time I'll start testing the icon sets for the widget and use the spread sheet of I understand how to use it.
    Do I need to test with the same icon sets for app and widget or isn't that an issue with the current or next build?
    If you are seeing problems with a weather icon set, just post the name here, so I can try to re-produce it. No need for a spread sheet ;-)

The next build can use different sets for app and widget without problems. Should become available tonight or tomorrow.
    10-30-2014 10:53 PM
    I was fairly rapidly switching icon set (app not widget, widget was on default icon set) and the app crashed. I don't think it was the icon set itself though because I was able to go back in and pick that one (bewitching weather) and it was fine. It was also fine after switch to another and back to that one. If I had to guess it was a memory issue due to lots of different icon sets. Oddly the phone also got really warm while I was doing this.
    This should be same cause as the problem with using different sets for app/widget. Next build should have it fixed. Please try again with the next build.
    10-30-2014 10:55 PM
    Would it be possible to have a setting in the app so that when the map is partially open, the areas with the weather info are opaque rather than showing the moving radar images?
    Only the 'Dark' and 'Light' themes are translucent. All other themes are opaque.
    10-30-2014 10:56 PM
    Has this issue been addressed? It’s the textual overlay within the Minutely Forecast on the widget.

Attachment 70102
    10-30-2014 11:10 PM
    Has this issue been addressed? It’s the textual overlay within the Minutely Forecast on the widget.

Attachment 70102
    Yes, it should be fixed in next build.
    The minutely forecast on the widget isn't supposed to toggle the graph when tapped. It will automatically show the graph if there is a rain forecast.
    10-30-2014 11:18 PM
    Only the 'Dark' and 'Light' themes are translucent. All other themes are opaque.
    Thanks. I'll try the other themes.
    10-30-2014 11:21 PM
    Not sure if this is a problem or just the way the radar appears, but I found it odd that the precipitation was showing in an perfect circle. Attachment 70113
    Zoomed in still shows in a circle.
    Attachment 70115
    10-31-2014 06:58 AM
    Not sure if this is a problem or just the way the radar appears, but I found it odd that the precipitation was showing in an perfect circle. Attachment 70113
    Zoomed in still shows in a circle.
    Attachment 70115
    That's normal. It's called ground clutter. It's what you see on radar in the area of the radar location. Not sure why it's showing though. Are you close to an airport? That's usually where the National Weather Service has their radar. You can see the airport in the center of the circle. And your location pin is in the range of the circle of ground clutter. Here's our radar ground clutter. It doesn't show like yours because we are about 80+ miles away from it. This one is not at an airport. It's atop a mountain in northeast Alabama. It shows up vividly on the white map. Set your map to Satellite and Overlay to Radar. Adjust opacity. See if that helps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 10-31-2014 at 08:24 AM.
    10-31-2014 08:01 AM
    That's normal. It's called ground clutter. It's what you see on radar in the area of the radar location. Not sure why it's showing though. Are you close to an airport? That's usually where the National Weather Service has their radar. You can see the airport in the center of the circle.

Not that close to an airport. I do have two within about 20 miles though. I just thought it was strange because I hadn't seen it before in the app.
    10-31-2014 08:06 AM
    Not that close to an airport. I do have two within about 20 miles though. I just thought it was strange because I hadn't seen it before in the app.
    It does look strange. I've never seen anything like that either
    10-31-2014 08:07 AM
    Here's our ground clutter. It's 80+ miles away.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414758323.769628.jpg

10-31-2014 08:25 AM
    This from weather underground. The clutter can be a number of things, including birds, bugs, and fog.

Ground clutter (looks like activity on radar)
    Radar isn't a perfect system for showing where rain is falling. Very often, the radar shows "stuff" in the air, or obsticles above the ground that aren't rain.
    For example, birds and bugs can show up on radar, especially in the evening. This is because in the evening, as the atmosphere near the ground cools, the denisity of the air near the ground begins to increase. Having different density air at different heights causes the atmosphere to act like a lense. Since radar beams are just like light, they bend, and toward the ground in the evening, exposing the beam to much more of the dust, birds, and bugs near the ground. This results in false echoes. Think of a mirage, it's the same effect.
    On the radar maps, we have a feature to remove "ground clutter". But, it also tends to remove some of the real precipitation. The best solution is learn to identify the false echoes through experience.

10-31-2014 08:31 AM
    I've had the widget crash several times this morning and have had to delete it and re-add it. I have the default icon set in the widget but the bewitching weather set for the app.
    10-31-2014 08:34 AM
    I've had the widget crash several times this morning and have had to delete it and re-add it. I have the default icon set in the widget but the bewitching weather set for the app.
    He said it works best if the app and widget are set with the same iconset. Have you tried "Witchy Woman"? Here's some more about ground clutter. Note the mileage.
    Echoes from objects like buildings and hills appear in almost all radar reflectivity images. This "ground clutter" generally appears within a radius of 25 miles of the radar as a roughly circular region with a random pattern. An mathematical algorithm can be applied to the radar data to remove echoes where the echo intensity changes rapidly in an unrealistic fashion. These "No Clutter" images are available on the web site. Use these images with caution; ground clutter removal techniques can remove some real echoes, too.

10-31-2014 09:31 AM
    New update just became available in TestFlight - BeWeather 2 2.0.22 (342)

Attachment 70161
    10-31-2014 04:00 PM
    I can't get the widget to display at all now with the new beta.

A more minor thing, after the update, the settings panel showed my icon set but the forecast didn't use it. I had to re select it.
    10-31-2014 04:15 PM
    I can't get the widget to display at all now with the new beta.

A more minor thing, after the update, the settings panel showed my icon set but the forecast didn't use it. I had to re select it.
    It looks like it reset my iconset and font settings in both the app and the widget. Still running through my list.

EDIT: I see what you mean, Karen. The name of the iconset was correct, but the displayed iconset was the default set. I reset the font, as well, but not 100% sure that it was incorrect.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    10-31-2014 04:17 PM
1,058 ... 2526272829 ...