Thanks, Karen! That will help. I have to create my 68 PNG icons and size then to 160x160.? Hank said the default was that size. That will take me a while. I could download some, but that's not as fun.
    I would trust Hank on that one.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:58 PM
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414673064.820507.jpg
    This is by far my favorite widget and weather app. NICE job H

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    10-30-2014 08:45 AM
    Thanks, Karen! That will help. I have to create my 68 PNG icons and size then to 160x160.? Hank said the default was that size. That will take me a while. I could download some, but that's not as fun.
    I would trust Hank on that one.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence .

That was the size of the individual images in the zip/link in Pfluger's earlier post on the subject. In my case, another size (175 x 120) actually worked, but the images were squished. It appears to me that the key is to make them square. Otherwise, it looks like BeWeather stretches/squishes them to display as square.
    10-30-2014 09:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414673064.820507.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	70035
    This is by far my favorite widget and weather app. NICE job H

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    Have you checked many of the iconsets? Most of them still don't work well on the NC screen. There's a good handful that do, but probably less than a third. Is that what you get? Or is it my phone. Several here talk about how good it works with no problems. But are they checking all the iconsets? This is beta testing, and I'm gonna tell it like it is. For me, most of the iconsets are still not working on the NC screen. Not with 3 or more sections. Most do with 2, if one is "Current Conditions". For me personally, enough of them work with either 2 or 3 sections to keep me satisfied. It's great as it is. I would like to see the holiday sets work better, and more of them. That said, for the app to be offered in the App Store, it needs to work. And beta testing does no good if everyone just says how great it is. On my phone, it still has issues. But is it just me and my ancient iP 5 with it's A6 processor? I also have a problem with the map not staying closed. That's new with the latest beta version. Hank had that issue before. For the most part, this is a great weather app. But for final submission to the App Store, it still needs a bit of work. Mostly stabilizing the iconsets/sections for the NC widgets.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    10-30-2014 09:54 AM
    Thanks for the vote of confidence .

That was the size of the individual images in the zip/link in Pfluger's earlier post on the subject. In my case, another size (175 x 120) actually worked, but the images were squished. It appears to me that the key is to make them square. Otherwise, it looks like BeWeather stretches/squishes them to display as square.
    Do you think the resolution size matters, or that it just needs a square 1:1 aspect ratio? I've been resizing to 160x160. I don't want to do that if it's not necessary.

10-30-2014 10:02 AM
    Have you checked many of the iconsets? Most of them still don't work well on the NC screen. There's a good handful that do, but probably less than a third. Is that what you get? Or is it my phone. Several here talk about how good it works with no problems. But are they checking all the iconsets? This is beta testing, and I'm gonna tell it like it is. For me, most of the iconsets are still not working on the NC screen. Not with 3 or more sections. Most do with 2, if one is "Current Conditions". For me personally, enough of them work with either 2 or 3 sections to keep me satisfied. It's great as it is. I would like to see the holiday sets work better, and more of them. That said, for the app to be offered in the App Store, it needs to work. And beta testing does no good if everyone just says how great it is. On my phone, it still has issues. But is it just me and my ancient iP 5 with it's A6 processor? I also have a problem with the map not staying closed. That's new with the latest beta version. Hank had that issue before. For the most part, this is a great weather app. But for final submission to the App Store, it still needs a bit of work. Mostly stabilizing the iconsets/sections for the NC widgets.

I would have to agree with you. It's not quite ready for the app store yet. There are still some minor bugs that need to be worked out in the widget section. I would say that approx 60% of the weather sets work, but only with three sections of the widget option on my device. The actual app works fine with the exception on adding personal weather sets. Not sure why your having problems with the map, it's working fine on my 5s.
    As for saying it a great app..well it is, even with the bugs that will hopefully get "iron out"
    10-30-2014 10:08 AM
    Have you checked many of the iconsets? Most of them still don't work well on the NC screen. There's a good handful that do, but probably less than a third. Is that what you get? Or is it my phone. Several here talk about how good it works with no problems. But are they checking all the iconsets? This is beta testing, and I'm gonna tell it like it is. For me, most of the iconsets are still not working on the NC screen. Not with 3 or more sections. Most do with 2, if one is "Current Conditions". For me personally, enough of them work with either 2 or 3 sections to keep me satisfied. It's great as it is. I would like to see the holiday sets work better, and more of them. That said, for the app to be offered in the App Store, it needs to work. And beta testing does no good if everyone just says how great it is. On my phone, it still has issues. But is it just me and my ancient iP 5 with it's A6 processor? I also have a problem with the map not staying closed. That's new with the latest beta version. Hank had that issue before. For the most part, this is a great weather app. But for final submission to the App Store, it still needs a bit of work. Mostly stabilizing the iconsets/sections for the NC widgets. .
    I can’t argue with anything you said, Ledsteplin. But in Pfluger's defense (not that he needs me to defend him/his software), the issue with the iconsets could well be with some of the iconsets, and not the app. Since some (many? most?) work fine, it may be a subtle issue with the format of the image files. There are many apps that can be used to create the individual .png images - some adhere to the .png file format specs better than others, and file corruption can also be an issue/factor. Additionally, there are multiple programs and utilities for creating .zip compressed files. The issue could be with any of the above for the "bad" iconsets. My point is simply this: if only one set works, the issue could be with BeWeather. But because some (many? most?) work fine, the issue may be with the icons themselves and not BeWeather. I’m sure Pfluger has his team working to identify and correct any issues with BeWeather.

And I really find the issue with the map not staying closed annoying. Not "I am deleting this app and never using it again" annoying, but it certainly does make me crazy at times.

Finally, someone suggested adding the weather map as a possible widget item. I like that idea, and would give it a "+1".
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-30-2014 10:09 AM
    I cant argue with anything you said, Ledsteplin. But in Pfluger's defense (not that he needs me to defend him/his software), the issue with the iconsets could well be with some of the iconsets, and not the app. Since some (many? most?) work fine, it may be a subtle issue with the format of the image files. There are many apps that can be used to create the individual .png images - some adhere to the .png file format specs better than others, and file corruption can also be an issue/factor. Additionally, there are multiple programs and utilities for creating .zip compressed files. The issue could be with any of the above for the "bad" iconsets. My point is simply this: if only one set works, the issue could be with BeWeather. But because some (many? most?) work fine, the issue may be with the icons themselves and not BeWeather. Im sure Pfluger has his team working to identify and correct any issues with BeWeather.

And I really find the issue with the map not staying closed annoying. Not "I am deleting this app and never using it again" annoying, but it certainly does make me crazy at times.

Finally, someone suggested adding the weather map as a possible widget item. I like that idea, and would give it a "+1".
    Agree. As far as the map as a widget, I still have weather underground. I keep it for the weather radio. So I can use their map. They're the same. But it would be nice for those who don't have weather underground.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    10-30-2014 10:15 AM
    I am pretty sure this was mentioned, but if not, showing weather alerts in the Notification Center would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-30-2014 11:22 AM
    I am pretty sure this was mentioned, but if not, showing weather alerts in the Notification Center would be great.

They do. They show in the "notifications " side of the screen. They don't need to be a widget. They also show on my lock screen. BeWeather 2 is the only weather app I have that actually shows on the lock screen. Others are toggled on for lock screen, but don't show. Yet they do on my Wife's phone.

10-30-2014 11:38 AM
    I'm on a 5s and I'm not having an issue with the map either. I also haven't come across any icon sets that don't show up correctly in the NC, but I haven't checked too many of them yet.

Perhaps we should start a running matrix of icon sets and devices, for both NC and the app. This would help pfluger and team focus on the sets with issues and figure out what's going on. I'm willing to test them on my 5s and iPad 3. Anyone know of a shareable spreadsheet format that we can all edit at the same time? Google Docs?
    10-30-2014 01:33 PM
    I'm on a 5s and I'm not having an issue with the map either. I also haven't come across any icon sets that don't show up correctly in the NC, but I haven't checked too many of them yet.

Perhaps we should start a running matrix of icon sets and devices, for both NC and the app. This would help pfluger and team focus on the sets with issues and figure out what's going on. I'm willing to test them on my 5s and iPad 3. Anyone know of a shareable spreadsheet format that we can all edit at the same time? Google Docs?
    I created one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I think I set it up correctly for sharing and being able to be edited by all. There are 5 tabs. One each for the number of sections in the widget. In each section, the first column will list the app icon set used and the first row will list the widget icon set used. And then the cells can indicate with a Y/N whether that combination worked correctly.
    blueszz and BigMike535 like this.
    10-30-2014 01:44 PM

I agree.

That widget has to be 100% stable for release. The next update should (hopefully) improve that.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:54 PM
    Do you think the resolution size matters, or that it just needs a square 1:1 aspect ratio? I've been resizing to 160x160. I don't want to do that if it's not necessary.

The icons just need to have a 1:1 aspect ratio. The actual resolution does not matter. 160x160 is the largest size that is used in the app, but it will scale them up/down if necessary.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:55 PM
    Agree. As far as the map as a widget, I still have weather underground. I keep it for the weather radio. So I can use their map. They're the same. But it would be nice for those who don't have weather underground.

We have the radar map for the widget on our list, but first the stability issues have to be worked out. Maps might not make it to the first official release.
    10-30-2014 01:57 PM

Next update.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0761.png
    10-30-2014 02:00 PM
    Version 2.0.22 is waiting for beta approval.

Changes in this version:

• More widget reliability improvements
    • Map fullscreen mode can be exited via swipe up gesture from the bottom toolbar
    • Reorganized settings
    • Added new "Pro Gray" theme
    • Added option to hide preview map
    • Added advisory indicator to widget
    • Added expand/contract indicator in minutely forecast
    • Fixed memory leak when using different iconset for app and widget
    • Fixed multiple crashes
    • Made minutely forecast non-tappable in widget
    • Fixed toolbar (bottom panel) in fullscreen map using wrong color in some themes
    10-30-2014 02:01 PM
    Version 2.0.22 is waiting for beta approval.

Changes in this version:

• More widget reliability improvements
    • Map fullscreen mode can be exited via swipe up gesture from the bottom toolbar
    • Reorganized settings
    • Added new "Pro Gray" theme
    • Added option to hide preview map
    • Added advisory indicator to widget
    • Added expand/contract indicator in minutely forecast
    • Fixed memory leak when using different iconset for app and widget
    • Fixed multiple crashes
    • Made minutely forecast non-tappable in widget
    • Fixed toolbar (bottom panel) in fullscreen map using wrong color in some themes
    Any word on a public release? I'm intrigued.
    10-30-2014 04:03 PM
    Any word on a public release? I'm intrigued.
    I can't give an ETA on that other than it will be available when it's ready
    10-30-2014 04:26 PM
    Damn! That's a bit of a tease right there. Lol
    10-30-2014 04:29 PM
    A suggestion of its technically possible. If I'm on the widget but not on the first location and I tap somewhere to open the app, it doesn't open to the location the widget was showing, but instead opens to either the first location or the most recently opened location in the app.
    10-30-2014 05:01 PM
    Want to let you know I won't be able to do a lot of testing the next 60 hours. If I have some time I'll start testing the icon sets for the widget and use the spread sheet of I understand how to use it.
    Do I need to test with the same icon sets for app and widget or isn't that an issue with the current or next build?
    10-30-2014 05:36 PM
    A profoundly Apple-eqeue response.
    Spencerdl and Les74 like this.
    10-30-2014 06:29 PM
    I was fairly rapidly switching icon set (app not widget, widget was on default icon set) and the app crashed. I don't think it was the icon set itself though because I was able to go back in and pick that one (bewitching weather) and it was fine. It was also fine after switch to another and back to that one. If I had to guess it was a memory issue due to lots of different icon sets. Oddly the phone also got really warm while I was doing this.
    10-30-2014 06:40 PM
    Would it be possible to have a setting in the app so that when the map is partially open, the areas with the weather info are opaque rather than showing the moving radar images?
    10-30-2014 08:27 PM
1,058 ... 2425262728 ...