Has anyone tried creating a custom iconset? I created a couple of PNG images and ran them through Dropbox for the URL. So, how do I go from here to a .zip file with the extension changed to .bwi? I don't have a clue how to do that.

I'm loving it!

Woo hoo, witchy woman
    See how high she flies
    Woo hoo, witchy woman
    She got the moon in her eyes
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414630208.222289.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    10-29-2014 08:50 PM
    Has anyone tried creating a custom iconset? I created a couple of PNG images and ran them through Dropbox for the URL. So, how do I go from here to a .zip file with the extension changed to .bwi? I don't have a clue how to do that.

I'm loving it!

Woo hoo, witchy woman
    See how high she flies
    Woo hoo, witchy woman
    She got the moon in her eyes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414630208.222289.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	69989

I played with it a bit. The icon set that I was using was not square (default appears to be 160 x 160). Mine were like 175 x 130, so they came out looking scrunched

You can try them if you like. Will need to get the Dropbox url.

Here's the URL:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8942924/hank.bwi
    10-29-2014 09:06 PM
    I played with it a bit. The icon set that I was using was not square (default appears to be 160 x 160). Mine were like 175 x 130, so they came out looking scrunched

Is all I need the Dropbox URL? Mine are Square. Don't know the res size. I can check.
    They were 2160x2160. I resized to 160x160. Is that all I need do?

10-29-2014 09:09 PM
    For the last few days, the right side of the app menu window has been cut off on my iPad (so I can't get to the Settings button. Also, since the latest update, my chosen icon set shows in the app, but not in the Notification Center. I'd post screenshots, but for some reason Tapatalk isn't letting me do that right now.
    10-29-2014 09:12 PM
    For the last few days, the right side of the app menu window has been cut off on my iPad (so I can't get to the Settings button. Also, since the latest update, my chosen icon set shows in the app, but not in the Notification Center. I'd post screenshots, but for some reason Tapatalk isn't letting me do that right now.
    They have separate sets now. You need to set the app and the NC screen to the same iconset.

10-29-2014 09:17 PM

Here's the URL:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8942924/hank.bwi
    How do you know what to put in the URL? I have what came from Dropbox. But it doesn't look like yours. This is mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep1bo4nl6n...81%29.png?dl=0

So what do I do?

10-29-2014 09:24 PM
    I just tried to load a custom icon set and the app crashes.
    10-29-2014 09:41 PM
    Can we get the Radar map as one of the Widgets.
    Weather Underground has this available as a widget in the NC.
    TIA
    10-29-2014 09:42 PM
    They have separate sets now. You need to set the app and the NC screen to the same iconset.

Unfortunately, I can't do that, because I can't get to the Settings button on the iPad. Works fine on the iPhone, though.
    10-29-2014 09:47 PM
    How do I get the right kind of URL. What do I do wirh this I got from Dropbox?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/%208%2013%...81%29.png?dl=0

10-29-2014 09:48 PM
    Unfortunately, I can't do that, because I can't get to the Settings button on the iPad. Works fine on the iPhone, though.
    Can you show a screenshot of how that looks?

10-29-2014 09:52 PM
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-image.jpg

Note that the temperature and the Settings button are both cut off. I can see them for an instant when the window opens and closes, but can't press the button when it flashes by.
    10-29-2014 10:06 PM
    Yes, known issue with the current beta. It will always crash when trying to load custom icons. Next beta has that fixed.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:07 PM
    How do you know what to put in the URL? I have what came from Dropbox. But it doesn't look like yours. This is mine:

So what do I do?

Are you on Mac OS X?

1. Create a folder
    2. Put all the PNG files in there, make sure the naming is correct
    3. Select all the PNG files in the folder, then open the context menu and select 'Compress'
    4. It will create a new Archive.zip file, just rename it to anything you like i.e. 'My Iconset.zip'
    5. Move the .zip file to your Dropbox 'Public' folder
    6. Right click the .zip file in the 'Public' folder and select 'Copy Public Link'
    7. Paste that URL into an e-mail and send it to your phone, there you can copy it again and paste it into BeWeather
    10-29-2014 10:11 PM

So what do I do?
    Are you on Mac OS X?

1. Create a folder
    3. Select all the PNG files in the folder, then open the context menu and select 'Compress'
    4. It will create a new Archive.zip file, just rename it to anything you like i.e. 'My Iconset.zip'
    6. Right click the .zip file in the 'Public' folder and select 'Copy Public Link'
    7. Paste that URL into an e-mail and send it to your phone, there you can copy it again and paste it into BeWeather

Sorry, Keith. I missed your question. Thanks, Pfluger.
    10-29-2014 10:16 PM
    Are you on Mac OS X?

1. Create a folder
    No computer. I created the PNG images, then uploaded to Dropbox. Then saved as URL. Is there a way to do this on my iPhone?

10-29-2014 10:24 PM
    No computer. I created the PNG images, then uploaded to Dropbox. Then saved as URL. Is there a way to do this on my iPhone?

You need an app that can create a zip file.
    Here's one: WinZip - The leading zip unzip and cloud file management tool by WinZip Computing LLC
    https://appsto.re/us/JeY1D.i
    It says it can zip and unzip files in Dropbox but it may need an in app purchase for that.
    10-29-2014 10:27 PM
    Here's one: WinZip - The leading zip unzip and cloud file management tool by WinZip Computing LLC
    It says it can zip and unzip files in Dropbox but it may need an in app purchase for that.
    Will Documents by Readdle work?
    10-29-2014 10:28 PM
    Here's another that has Dropbox access built in I think based on the description:
    iZip - Zip Unzip Unrar Tool by ComcSoft
    https://appsto.re/us/dolRy.i
    10-29-2014 10:29 PM
    Will Documents by Readdle work?
    Not sure. Do you know if it can handle zip files?
    10-29-2014 10:30 PM
    Here's another that has Dropbox access built in I think based on the description:
    iZip - Zip Unzip Unrar Tool by ComcSoft
    https://appsto.re/us/dolRy.i
    I have iZip Pro. I'll work with that. Thanks!

10-29-2014 10:33 PM
    I have iZip Pro. I'll work with that. Thanks!
    One more thing - the iconset should contain 68 icons.
    10-29-2014 10:38 PM
    One more thing - the iconset should contain 68 icons.
    I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm checking out iZip Pro. I've had it a good while, but never used it. I can do 68 if I can figure out how to do it all.

10-29-2014 10:43 PM
    I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm checking out iZip Pro. I've had it a good while, but never used it. I can do 68 if I can figure out how to do it all.

I think you need to go to the Dropbox section and download the png files so they are local to the app.
    Then in the local section, select all 68 png files and select the zip button at the bottom. Give the zip a name and once it's done upload the zip back to Dropbox.
    Attachment 70000
    Attachment 70001
    10-29-2014 10:49 PM
    I think you need to go to the Dropbox section and download the png files so they are local to the app.
    Then in the local section, select all 68 png files and select the zip button at the bottom. Give the zip a name and once it's done upload the zip back to Dropbox.
    Attachment 70000
    Attachment 70001
    Thanks, Karen! That will help. I have to create my 68 PNG icons and size then to 160x160.? Hank said the default was that size. That will take me a while. I could download some, but that's not as fun.
    10-29-2014 10:56 PM
1,058 ... 2324252627 ...