I'm using this set up now.
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414462825.513799.jpg
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414462839.230463.jpg

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    10-27-2014 10:20 PM
    It's odd, because some work and some don't. Of all the ones to work, one WOULD have to be Pink. Where's Pink? Hey, @ThePinkChameleon looky here!
    BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414463016.392483.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    10-27-2014 10:23 PM
    I have to admit, I did not think a new weather app would impress me, but I am wrong. A lot of work went into this for iOS, you should be very proud of your hard work. Certainly going to shell out the $2.99. Already removed Yahoo weather. Very impressed.
    10-27-2014 11:28 PM
    I've just died an gone to heaven! I'm so happy to see BeWeather on my iPhone! It seems that the information will not stay loaded on the widget. But the temp badge and all in local weather information is listed. Keep up the good work!

With that being said, I would pay $10 for this app!
    10-27-2014 11:46 PM
    @pfluger, as you might have seen I had multiple crashes after I removed locations.
    Example: the app was opened, city Winterberg.
    I removed Winterberg as location. When I left the menu where you can change the location and wanted (within the app) to swipe to another city within the app (it still was showing Winterberg) the app crashed.

I could repeat that. I started over with a new list of cities. After the app crashed again and opened it, the list with cities that included Winterberg appeared again in the app.

The next thing I noticed is that the widget was stuck/frozen. Couldn't change cities. Removed widget, added it again - didn't work. Closed app, opened it, widget still frozen.
    Rebooted the phone, widget still frozen!
    Deleted the app, installed the app, the map for my location didn't load.
    Added a second location, swiped to that second location (that map loaded without problems) and swiped back to my location and the map loaded.

You probably have all crash reports except for the ones from the widget. I don't know how to safe them to share them with you.
    Contact me if you need more information.

Nicole
    10-27-2014 11:46 PM
    Last one for now, have to get back to work.

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414468340.778112.jpg

Previously when I clicked "no data available " in the rainfall chart, that part of the widget unfolded. Currently it doesn't.
    10-27-2014 11:55 PM
    If BeWeather obtains local weather info from Weather Underground, shouldn't BeWeather be able to access the same weather stations as WU? In the WU app, there is a station that is quite close to my home, but it is not available in BW.
    10-28-2014 06:49 AM
    Last one for now, have to get back to work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414468340.778112.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	69817

Previously when I clicked "no data available " in the rainfall chart, that part of the widget unfolded. Currently it doesn't.
    5 seems awfully cold. You must have it set on Celsius.

10-28-2014 08:21 AM
    5 seems awfully cold. You must have it set on Celsius. .
    I believe Sittard is in the Netherlands, so "both" cold this time of year and Celsius.
    10-28-2014 09:36 AM
    I believe Sittard is in the Netherlands, so "both" cold this time of year and Celsius.
    Yes, it is in the Netherlands. I had to consult Google for that.
    10-28-2014 09:39 AM
    I seem to have a bug where when I have the widget set to show hourly forecast the widget will disappear and randomly appear again or not appear at all and say "unable to load"
    10-28-2014 10:17 AM
    5 seems awfully cold. You must have it set on Celsius.
    Probably is Celsius. Sittard is in the Netherlands.
    10-28-2014 10:48 AM
    I seem to have a bug where when I have the widget set to show hourly forecast the widget will disappear and randomly appear again or not appear at all and say "unable to load"
    Yes, many of us have the same problem. It seems some iconsets will work with 3 or more sections, and some not. Most will work well with just 2 sections. The default works for 3 or more sections. He's working on it. Try other iconsets. I've been testing them, and have found some I've had some success with. Your milage may vary, however. These seem to work ok on my NC.
    There may be others. I'm not done testing.
    Classic
    3D Stickers (maybe)
    AccuBW
    Art School (maybe)
    Awesome Weather
    Baby Pajamas
    Baby Pajamas with Glow
    BilliardWeather
    Bright Delight Weather
    Cliche Weather (almost)
    Tiny Realism
    Kuwaii Weather
    Kapow! Boom!

10-28-2014 10:58 AM
    Probably is Celsius. Sittard is in the Netherlands.
    Yes Sittard in the Netherlands. Time was set to 24 hours, 5c was the night temperature.
    10-28-2014 11:02 AM
    For the widget would it be possible to add a wrap-around feature so that after I scroll to my last location, another tap on the right arrow goes back to the first location?
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    10-28-2014 11:11 AM
    Yes Sittard in the Netherlands. Time was set to 24 hours, 5c was the night temperature.
    I didn't mean to make such a deal of the temp there. It's just that when I first glanced at the temp, and saw 5, I thought it was Fahrenheit. But I quickly realized it was Celsius. And Google told me it was in the Netherlands.

blueszz likes this.
    10-28-2014 11:18 AM
    I’m curious about the format for the iconsets. I have several in .png format that I use with GeekTool on my OS X desktop. I have one that I really like, and that I would like to use for BeWeather.

I’d love to know what changes I need to make to package them for BeWeather.
    10-28-2014 11:47 AM
    These seem to work ok on my NC. There may be others. I'm not done testing.
    Classic
    3D Stickers (maybe)
    AccuBW
    Art School (maybe)
    Awesome Weather
    Baby Pajamas
    Baby Pajamas with Glow
    BilliardWeather
    Bright Delight Weather
    Cliche Weather (almost)
    Tiny Realism
    Kuwaii Weather
    Kapow! Boom!.
    Thanks for taking the time.
    (Side note: One must cherish an iconset of glowing Baby Pajamas... )
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    10-28-2014 12:34 PM
    I’d also like to see a Settings option for turning the map off by default in the App. I don’t want to see it every time I launch the app, but if I need it, I want to be able to get to it quickly.
    blueszz and TurboTiger like this.
    10-28-2014 12:41 PM
    Im curious about the format for the iconsets. I have several in .png format that I use with GeekTool on my OS X desktop. I have one that I really like, and that I would like to use for BeWeather.

Id love to know what changes I need to make to package them for BeWeather.
    I'd like to know how that's done myself. I entered a url for a PNG Bama logo, but nothing happened. I can create PNG images on my phone, but don't know how to convert them to a url. Is there an app for that?

10-28-2014 12:44 PM
    I'd like to know how that's done myself. I entered a url for a PNG Bama logo, but nothing happened. I can create PNG images on my phone, but don't know how to convert them to a url. Is there an app for that?
    I found a link about putting the images into a .zip file with the extension .bwi, but not sure if that’s specific to the BB or Android versions, or about how to name the various weather icons to match the internals of BeWeather. Some apps use names, other use numbered icons (1.png = sunny; 2.png = partly cloudy, etc). Then there’s the whole issue of getting them into the iOS version of BeWeather.

Hopefully Pfluger will be along shortly and can shed some light on this one.
    10-28-2014 12:51 PM
    Id also like to see a Settings option for turning the map off by default in the App. I dont want to see it every time I launch the app, but if I need it, I want to be able to get to it quickly.
    Mine opens to the last page it was on when I closed it. It only opens to the map if that's where I had been.

10-28-2014 12:51 PM
    Whenever I open BeWeather, I see what is shown in the first screen shot. This happens no matter what I am doing in BeWeather when I close the app. Id much prefer to see the second screen shot when I open the app, and then be able to see the weather map by tapping on the top ("temperature") section and have it open to show the map. Just my preference. Id think a simple switch in the Settings for the app could handle that choice nicely.

Attachment 69852 Attachment 69853
    TurboTiger likes this.
    10-28-2014 01:39 PM
    If BeWeather obtains local weather info from Weather Underground, shouldn't BeWeather be able to access the same weather stations as WU? In the WU app, there is a station that is quite close to my home, but it is not available in BW.
    Yes, you should see the same weather stations in BeWeather. Do you have a specific example? You can PM me if you don't want to post your location.
    10-28-2014 02:58 PM
    @pfluger, as you might have seen I had multiple crashes after I removed locations.
    Example: the app was opened, city Winterberg.
    I removed Winterberg as location. When I left the menu where you can change the location and wanted (within the app) to swipe to another city within the app (it still was showing Winterberg) the app crashed.

I could repeat that. I started over with a new list of cities. After the app crashed again and opened it, the list with cities that included Winterberg appeared again in the app.

The next thing I noticed is that the widget was stuck/frozen. Couldn't change cities. Removed widget, added it again - didn't work. Closed app, opened it, widget still frozen.
    Rebooted the phone, widget still frozen!
    Deleted the app, installed the app, the map for my location didn't load.
    Added a second location, swiped to that second location (that map loaded without problems) and swiped back to my location and the map loaded.

You probably have all crash reports except for the ones from the widget. I don't know how to safe them to share them with you.
    Contact me if you need more information.

Nicole
    Check again in the next update. I think we got at least part of that fixed.
    10-28-2014 03:04 PM
1,058 ... 2021222324 ...