If you are having problems with crashing widget or not working with all sections, can you try to switch to the default iconset?
    As DarkKnight said, it works for me, too with the default iconset.
    10-27-2014 03:28 PM
    The themes (dark blue) do not carry over to the Notification Center widget. It would be nice if they did.
    I like the idea. It would obviously only work with the dark themes. Or anyone like this with a light background? ;-)

BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-beweather2_screenshot_widgettheme.jpg
    10-27-2014 03:31 PM
    That did it. It works with the default, but not the others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    As DarkKnight said, it works for me, too with the default iconset.
    Thanks, that should help a lot.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    10-27-2014 03:33 PM
    Do you need/want the crash logs if we encounter crashes? If so, what’s the best way to get them to you? BTW, I have enabled the Share With App Developers in the Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage section.
    10-27-2014 03:39 PM
    I like the idea. It would obviously only work with the dark themes. Or anyone like this with a light background? ;-)
    No, just with dark themes enabled.
    10-27-2014 03:40 PM
    That is how I think it should work but I'm missing that icon suddenly. It was there when I just downloaded the first beta. To make sure, that first beta is still on my phone.
    Where did you find the message that an update is available? Email or a notification from testflight?
    I received both. I downloaded through Testflight though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-27-2014 03:41 PM
    "Current Conditions" section works well with either "Daily Forecast" or "Text Forecast", but nothing else loads. Minutely Forecast won't load even by itself. The widget feature still needs a bit of tweaking.
    Now let me go check other stuff.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    10-27-2014 03:57 PM
    If you are having problems with crashing widget or not working with all sections, can you try to switch to the default iconset?
    That seems to work, but the Minutely Forecast still does not work at all.

10-27-2014 04:03 PM
    Do you need/want the crash logs if we encounter crashes? If so, what’s the best way to get them to you? BTW, I have enabled the Share With App Developers in the Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage section.
    With the new build we should now automatically get the logs for in app crashes. It doesn't work with the widget though.

If you encounter a crash in the widget you can post the log here or send it to us via e-mail to beta at bellshare dot com.

The 'Share With App Developers' seems to only work once the app is live in the store. It will auto post crash logs to the Apple developer console.
    10-27-2014 04:06 PM
    That seems to work, but the Minutely Forecast still does not work at all.

What does the minutely forecast show? Can you post a screenshot? Does it work in app?
    10-27-2014 04:07 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beweather2_screenshot_widgettheme.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	69737
    I like the light background. A choice would be great.
    10-27-2014 04:28 PM
    I must be lucky, as everything seems to be working. The minute widget still does what it did in the first beta. Tap it and it expends, but text is still there.

I have changed icon sets and still get all widgets to load. I also have four locations and they all work great.

Like I said I must be lucky.
    10-27-2014 04:32 PM
    After viewing the map, and the top and bottom are closed together, the top works better now. It doesn't get hid under the location name.

10-27-2014 04:39 PM
    I must be lucky, as everything seems to be working. The minute widget still does what it did in the first beta. Tap it and it expends, but text is still there.

I have changed icon sets and still get all widgets to load. I also have four locations and they all work great.

Like I said I must be lucky.
    Have you tried the BBooo iconset? That's the one that won't load on mine. I haven't noticed any others.

10-27-2014 04:45 PM
    Have you tried the BBooo iconset? That's the one that won't load on mine. I haven't noticed any others.

I have tried it and several others and they are all working fine. At least for now.
    10-27-2014 04:48 PM
    After viewing the map, and the top and bottom are closed together, the top works better now. It doesn't get hid under the location name.

I've found that when the two parts are open, tapping on the temp will close the gap and completely hide the map, and correctly position the top of the screen.

There are a lot of very nice, intuitive little features that make this app feel very polished, even in the beta version.
    Spencerdl and TurboTiger like this.
    10-27-2014 04:50 PM
    Some iconsets work with 3 sections and some don't. 2 that worked are "Awesome Weather" and "Baby Pajamas with Glow".

10-27-2014 05:04 PM
    Would it be possible to implement the tap on the status bar to scroll to the top?
    10-27-2014 05:14 PM
    I could duplicate the app crashing when I want to delete more than 1 location.

First I added 3 locations (a total of 5) . I checked the widget, the widget still showing 2 locations. Closed and opened the app, checked the widget and now it shows all 5 locations. I did notice that only "my location" shows the amount of rain or an umbrella 🌂 with "no data available".

I started to remove locations, when I wanted to delete a second one in a row the app crashed. When I opened the app again only one out of two locations were removed.
    Started to delete again and also this time with removing the second location in a row the app crashed.
    I think that this time no locations got removed from the list.
    The third time I was able to remove three locations without crashes.

If you need the crash reports let me know, I assume you get them with testflight as it involves the app and not the widget.

Interesting: the widget did update the locations after I removed some, no need to close and open the app again, as I had to do when I added locations.

Nicole
    10-27-2014 05:24 PM
    We have submitted another update for beta review. This mainly has fixes for the widget problems. We wanted to get this out asap.

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to keep the earlier version while an update is waiting for approval, so if you haven't updated yet you will have to wait until the next build is available.

Changes coming in 2.0.16:
    • Added font preview icons
    • Added support for dismiss via swipe gesture
    • Reverted precipitation values to blue color in dark olive theme
    • Improved widget reliability
    • Improved touch responsiveness to expand/contract button for text forecast
    • Fixed separator above text forecast jumping during scrolling
    • Fix for crash when deleting locations
    • Fixed 'American Typewriter' font being too light
    Spencerdl, Ledsteplin and phreddyl like this.
    10-27-2014 05:48 PM
    Would it be possible to implement the tap on the status bar to scroll to the top?
    Good point. Not sure if this is technically possible with our custom scrolling layout, but I have put it on the list.
    10-27-2014 05:49 PM
    I could duplicate the app crashing when I want to delete more than 1 location.

First I added 3 locations (a total of 5) . I checked the widget, the widget still showing 2 locations. Closed and opened the app, checked the widget and now it shows all 5 locations. I did notice that only "my location" shows the amount of rain or an umbrella with "no data available".

I started to remove locations, when I wanted to delete a second one in a row the app crashed. When I opened the app again only one out of two locations were removed.
    Started to delete again and also this time with removing the second location in a row the app crashed.
    I think that this time no locations got removed from the list.
    The third time I was able to remove three locations without crashes.

If you need the crash reports let me know, I assume you get them with testflight as it involves the app and not the widget.

Interesting: the widget did update the locations after I removed some, no need to close and open the app again, as I had to do when I added locations.

Nicole
    The crash report came in immediately. The upcoming build has a fix for it.
    10-27-2014 05:49 PM
    @pfluger Is it necessary to darken the photos so much on the "Share" feature? I realize it's to see the white text better, but it ruins some photos. Apple does that on light colored wallpapers. That's a great feature.

10-27-2014 06:10 PM
    @pfluger Is it necessary to darken the photos so much on the "Share" feature? I realize it's to see the white text better, but it ruins some photos. Apple does that on light colored wallpapers. That's a great feature.

Not all of the available layouts in the "Share" feature darken the whole photo. See screenshot.

Does Apple darken the wallpapers? I know they switch between white and black text depending on how bright the photo is.
    Attached Thumbnails BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare-img_0759.png  
    10-27-2014 06:16 PM
    Not all of the available layouts in the "Share" feature darken the whole photo. See screenshot.

Does Apple darken the wallpapers? I know they switch between white and black text depending on how bright the photo is.
    Yes, Apple darkens light colored wallpapers, especially the top half because of the lock screen text.

10-27-2014 06:22 PM
1,058 ... 1819202122 ...