Hi pfluger,

Congrats on the app, I have been using BeWeather since BBOS 7.0, then Android, then BB10, and now the iPhone!
    I always find Weather Underground to be the most accurate, and I travel a lot, so I need that.

I have noticed the following:
    - when I only have a location based location and no static ones, I can swipe left to the overview. When I add a static location as well, I can not swipe left beyond the first location
    - updates are erratic. Sometimes the app updates just fine, almost every hour, but sometimes I need to pull down the refresh screen a couple of times for the update to come through

Feature request:
    - could we have a user-defined background for weather? I just need the data and do not even need the photos you have included - beautiful as they may be. I would just like to use my own, almost black background for maximum readibility

Thank you and keep up the great work,

Kristof
    02-07-2014 03:27 AM
    pfluger,
    Any idea when we can expect an update that includes the "feels like" reading & a resolution to the Temp Badge issue that some of us are experiencing?
    TIA
    02-07-2014 01:14 PM
    pfluger,
    Any idea when we can expect an update that includes the "feels like" reading & a resolution to the Temp Badge issue that some of us are experiencing?
    TIA
    The silence is a concern....I thought we had a developer appreciated feedback and was willing to communicate.
    02-12-2014 11:22 PM
    - when I only have a location based location and no static ones, I can swipe left to the overview. When I add a static location as well, I can not swipe left beyond the first location
    We had a different behavior in an internal test version and it didn't "feel right", so we limited the swiping gesture to be only available when there is one location.
    - updates are erratic. Sometimes the app updates just fine, almost every hour, but sometimes I need to pull down the refresh screen a couple of times for the update to come through
    Does this happen on cellular data or on Wifi?

Feature request:
    - could we have a user-defined background for weather? I just need the data and do not even need the photos you have included - beautiful as they may be. I would just like to use my own, almost black background for maximum readibility
    Interesting idea. BeWeather for Android already allows this, so maybe we might add it to iOS, too.
    Trees and kristofpetho like this.
    02-13-2014 03:01 AM
    pfluger,
    TIA
    We are working on a larger update so it will take more time than expected. We hope to release only the bug fixes from this update as a separate small update.
    Just_Me_D and joemd60 like this.
    02-13-2014 03:03 AM
    We are working on a larger update so it will take more time than expected. We hope to release only the bug fixes from this update as a separate small update.
    Awesome!
    02-13-2014 12:46 PM
    Tks for the update pfluger,
    Good Luck
    02-13-2014 08:10 PM
    This is by far the best weather app.

I used this when I was with Blackberry 9700.

The reason it's the best in my opinion, I used to have use ios weather for quick updates, MyRadar for radar, weather channel for written forecasts.

Be weather has all this and webcams to see what the weather looks like!

Love this.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-13-2014 08:51 PM
    Actually, both...

Also, when I arrive in a new location and force update - swipe down, it updates the weather in the original location but does not show the new location...

Thanks for the update, very much appreciated!
    02-14-2014 05:09 AM
    We had a different behavior in an internal test version and it didn't "feel right", so we limited the swiping gesture to be only available when there is one location.

Interesting idea. BeWeather for Android already allows this, so maybe we might add it to iOS, too.
    Adding a vote for the alternate background request. Thanks for considering it.
    02-14-2014 08:46 PM
    It is a nice app. Although I am not getting severe weather alerts, even though it is enabled.
    I do agree with it being the best app when I was with BB.
    I remember paying $10 for the app, but it worked flawlessly.
    TurboTiger and iOS Gravity like this.
    02-23-2014 07:57 PM
    Thanks for the intro.
    It looks nice. A pity that I don't live in the US, Canada nor Europe.
    02-23-2014 08:45 PM
    Hi, any news on an ETA for the smaller bug-fix update and/or the larger update please? Even an estimate would be appreciated please.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    02-24-2014 08:37 AM
    Hello, just wondering when the "feels like" will come. With all the wind chiller advisory being pushed through that will come in very handy.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    sanibel and TurboTiger like this.
    03-03-2014 12:30 PM
    There is also still a bug with the temp badge. At least for me, I have to open the app for it to update.
    03-03-2014 02:43 PM
    @joemd60 it's been an ongoing problem for me as well.
    joemd60 likes this.
    03-03-2014 03:31 PM
    There is also still a bug with the temp badge. At least for me, I have to open the app for it to update.
    Same here.
    Good Luck
    joemd60 likes this.
    03-03-2014 08:48 PM
    Same here.
    Good Luck
    I decided to go back to Weather Bug.
    03-03-2014 09:15 PM
    Isn't it an ad-supported app?
    03-03-2014 09:19 PM
    Isn't it an ad-supported app?
    I paid for the app awhile back. It's called Weather Bug Elite, so there are no ads. And no temp badge if that is important to you.
    03-03-2014 09:20 PM
    I can't use the app without the Feels Like feature.
    I hope they get it done soon and fix the Temp Badge issue.

Good Luck
    03-03-2014 09:22 PM
    I can't use the app without the Feels Like feature.
    I hope they get it done soon and fix the Temp Badge issue.

Good Luck
    Weather Bug has the feels like with their temp.
    I work outside, so while the feels like is a nice feature.
    I'll take their word for it, when they say it's 12 degrees. 😃
    As for the badge, I have been back and forth with that. Not sure if I like the way it sits on the app like it doesn't belong there.
    A live Weather tile like the clock would be ideal.
    Last edited by joemd60; 03-03-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    03-03-2014 09:24 PM
    I'll take their word for it, when they say it's 12 degrees.
    As for the badge, I have been back and forth with that. Not sure if I like the way it sits on the app like it doesn't belong there.
    Like your idea about the Weather Tile joemd.

Another app I use is eWeather HD.
    It allows you to display either the temp or the feels like as the icon badge. Really like that feature.

I got excited about BeWeather because of my experience using them when I had a BB.
    Also, I like that they use Weather Underground as a source of data since WU uses neighborhood weather stations for current conditions.
    Good Luck
    joemd60 likes this.
    03-03-2014 11:48 PM
    I paid for the app awhile back. It's called Weather Bug Elite, so there are no ads. And no temp badge if that is important to you.
    Okay. But isn't the temp badge issue is what irks you in BeWeather?
    03-04-2014 08:20 AM
    I'll take their word for it, when they say it's 12 degrees. 😃
    A live weather tile can't happen as of now unless Apple opens it up or you are jailbroken.
    03-04-2014 10:28 AM
1,058 ... 89101112 ...