SeaCraft! [FREE] [MMO] [indie]

looka

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi iMore,

This is my first game, it's basically (yet another) Sid Meiers classic Pirates remake.
Key difference is 3D engine and MMO element and whole world as a playing arena, with different 11 empires as guilds.
It's published in last few weeks, this moment has 2700+ online players already.

Fun facts:
- It was built only by one person, with virtually no budget at all.
- It took me almost 3 years (3 months would be enough without day job, kids or life. :)
- Mainly free or open source tools were used (VS2010 Express C++, Blender, Gimp,...)
- Server side is Ubuntu + NodeJS + RedisDB on cheap VPS.
- It's built with Marmalade SDK which deploys on anything really.

You can find screenshots and description in store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seacraft!-free/id790251799?at=10l3Vy

Dev blog is at SeaCraft! - game development journal | Pirates! With MMO! And the whole world!

Hope you like, if you have any questions fire away! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for introducing your app to the iMore community, and hopefully, many of our members will give it a try and provide feedback, both good and bad. In the meantime, take some time to get familiar with the App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines as well as the members of this community whom you just introduced your app to. Take care…:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for bringing your app for introduction to our members and wish you much success with it. We certainly are happy to have you here at iMore and Mobile Nations.

looka

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Boy, if this isn't the friendliest forum I've been too! :) Thanks everybody, it's really exciting (first time always is, lol)!
I already posted on Android Central, but waiting for WP and BB to publish it too so all sister sites are covered! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative