Notes taking app with handwriting recognition

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone use a handwriting recognition app for iPad? Currently, I hand write all of my meeting notes on legal pad and then type the critical stuff into the computer and then just keep stacks of legal pads at my desk that I have to dig through to find old stuff. I was thinking if I can use a stylus to write my notes on the iPad and then turn certain items into todo lists/action items and then have a searchable history of my notes, it would be pretty damn useful. I tried penultimate from Evernote, but I'm not really liking it so much, if you rest your hand on the screen to write with the stylus, then it leaves marks on the "paper" that are annoying. I like note suite, but it does not have recognition, so I can't search my notes. There a ton of apps out there, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what's good, I'm kind of leaning towards notes plus (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/notes-plus/id374211477?mt=8&at=10l3Vy) but it's $10, plus another couple bucks (via iap) for the handwriting recognition. I don't care about dropping the money on it, if it works, but I can't confirm if it will do exactly what I want and don't wanna just throw it away. I wish onenote had handwriting ability.

Anyone have any suggestions?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use a handwriting recognition app for iPad? Currently, I hand write all of my meeting notes on legal pad and then type the critical stuff into the computer and then just keep stacks of legal pads at my desk that I have to dig through to find old stuff. I was thinking if I can use a stylus to write my notes on the iPad and then turn certain items into todo lists/action items and then have a searchable history of my notes, it would be pretty damn useful. I tried penultimate from Evernote, but I'm not really liking it so much, if you rest your hand on the screen to write with the stylus, then it leaves marks on the "paper" that are annoying. I like note suite, but it does not have recognition, so I can't search my notes. There a ton of apps out there, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what's good, I'm kind of leaning towards notes plus (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/notes-plus/id374211477?mt=8&at=10l3Vy) but it's $10, plus another couple bucks (via iap) for the handwriting recognition. I don't care about dropping the money on it, if it works, but I can't confirm if it will do exactly what I want and don't wanna just throw it away. I wish onenote had handwriting ability.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I got Notability and I think that you can handwrite on it.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
"Performance
Using our finger or a stylus to write notes in Notability worked well. On the bottom right of the screen are two icons, a magnifying glass and a hand. Selecting the magnifying glass opens a window that lets you write more precisely along the lines of the page. We especially liked its automatic-scroll feature, which let us easily fill pages with handwritten notes. Like Notes Plus, Notability has a resizable palm rest, so you can place your hand on the iPad while writing with a stylus. We also like that you can easily switch from typing to handwriting at any time.

We appreciated the photo feature: After pasting an image into our text, we could move and change its size and add a caption. We also really liked Stickies, which let us put Post-it notes in documents. Oddly, though, if you resize a Sticky to make it smaller, it doesn't shrink the text to fit inside the note. Rather, the text becomes part of the document, and not the Sticky.

Notability's search function worked well; we searched for a word, and it highlighted each instance of the word within all pages of our notes. Audio notes also worked well; we could type or handwrite notes while recording and then play our note back whenever we liked. Better yet, audio notes are synced with your writing, so you can easily jump around to specific moments in a talk by selecting the words you wrote at that particular time.

One thing we didn't like was that we couldn't change the size of the eraser. Instead of just erasing where we put our finger, it erased a much larger swath. Apps such as Noteshelf offer more precision."

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW