What's the best way to restore a game and your saved game data if you've deleted the game from your phone.

I know some games like infinity blade 2 did this automatically did this through iCloud which was great! However infinity blade 3 did not do the same when I reinstalled it. Even though I could have sworn the setting was on in iCloud.

Let me know what you best methods are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-06-2013 06:39 PM
    The best method, at least in my opinion, would be if the game supported/synced your data to iCloud. Some do, as you've pointed out, but many still do not. Having said that, your options are limited to making frequent backups of your device and then restoring the last backup to also restore your saved game data.
    12-06-2013 10:40 PM
    If you have already deleted the game from your device, then the only way I know of on how you can restore your saved game data is as what JustMe'D posted that the game should have supported/synced your data to iCloud.

Now, for games that don't support game data sync to iCloud, I use iFunBox to keep a backup of my save game data to my PC. That way even after I have uninstalled the game, I still have a copy of my saved data should I wish to play it again after some time and continue from where I left off of my previous save. Though for this to work, you need to backup your save first before uninstalling the game on your device. And I know that this won't really help you with your current situation but maybe this could be of some use to you should you want to keep a backup your other saved game files.

Here's what I do:

STEP 1: Download and install iFunBox latest version

STEP 2: Connect your iPhone (iPad) to PC. iFunBox should now detect your device and display it on the program screen

STEP 3: Click on User Applications.

STEP 4: Scroll down and select the app you'd like to make a backup file of. Click on +.

STEP 5: Select both Documents & Library. Right click then select Copy to PC. Then just choose which folder directory you're going to save it to.

That's it. For transferring the save back to your iPhone or iPad, just follow the same steps but instead of copying to PC, you need to choose "Import to device". And please note this may not work with some apps.
    12-07-2013 02:52 AM