Declined camera roll access by mistake, how can I force it to ask again?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
IOS will force 3rd party apps to ask permission to access your device features like Camera Roll, Microphone and Contacts when setting up your app in the beginning but if you decline in my experience will not ask again

When this happens to me I found the only remedy is to delete the app right away an then reinstall it this will bring back the permissions

Modified to reflect Fausty82 and Jaguarr40 Contributions

Sent from my iPhone 5

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
IOS will force 3rd party apps to ask permission to access your device features like Camera Roll, Microphone and Contacts when setting up your app in the beginning but if you decline in my experience will not ask again

When this happens to me I found the only remedy is to delete the app right away an then reinstall it this will bring back the permissions

Sent from my iPhone 5

Go to Settings > Privacy and then whatever function (Photos, Contacts, Microphone, etc) and slide the slider to allow access.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > Privacy and then whatever function (Photos, Contacts, Microphone, etc) and slide the slider to allow access.

I was always led to believe that the list of apps that requested permission are in that list not all apps?

Sent from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was always led to believe that the list of apps that requested permission are in that list not all apps?

Sent from my iPhone 5
They have to be apps as they cannot be anything else. When you go to privacy and for instance you denided which I did one denided access to my photos to Twitterffic I simply went to privacy, Selected photos, Found the app and tapped the toggle next to the app to show green on and you are all set to go..