Tweetbot or Twitterific

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
cannot stand all of the colors used in Twitterific

did they give us the ability to change that in the new update?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
cannot stand all of the colors used in Twitterific

did they give us the ability to change that in the new update?
If you change the background to black you see all the colors, if white you tend to not see all the colors you are talking about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tweetbot from the beginning. Never used the official twitter app. No reason to have adds.

The ads in the official Twitter app is discreet and blends in well with the other tweets. Of course, I prefer to have them at all....:)

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I ended up buying tweetbot. Just because twitterrific still has DM issues. Deleting and not showing. After trouble shooting 20 emails later still could not get to work. Tweetbot does feel like it copied a lot of stuff twitteriffic has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love the streaming feature... the fact that it does a great job of filtering out the ads and the mute feature... plus the look/feel. I’m not interested in the "night" theme... but would love to see a landscape version when I rotate my phone...

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
They both have their plusses and minuses. They both look great and adapt to iOS 7 very well. Tweetbot has the most awful notification sounds I've ever heard, but loads 200 tweets at a time, and has streaming. Twitterriffic looks better, but not by much. Its notification sounds are much more pleasing, but it won't load more than 100 tweets at a time. So take one or the other.

Fortheus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not twitter heavy user and found that twitter official apps is beautiful and simple.

What make you guys use tweetbot or twitterific?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You know whats funny, i started this topic, and i use them both, but for some reason i always come back and put the twitter app on my homescreen, for me im not a "power" twitter user, and what i like about the twitter app is being able to retweet and follow right from the timeline and the social aspect of it, all the things that i use it for, i like the others, they are both great apps, but for some reason i always just come back to the twitter app lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You know whats funny, i started this topic, and i use them both, but for some reason i always come back and put the twitter app on my homescreen, for me im not a "power" twitter user, and what i like about the twitter app is being able to retweet and follow right from the timeline and the social aspect of it, all the things that i use it for, i like the others, they are both great apps, but for some reason i always just come back to the twitter app lol

I used it until Tweetbot 3 was released! I think I'm more social on Facebook. I use twitter more for random thoughts too out there for Facebook and to follow local, national and aerospace news outlets!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not twitter heavy user and found that twitter official apps is beautiful and simple.

What make you guys use tweetbot or twitterific?

I started using Tweetbot because I liked the UI of Tweetbot and the gestures. The iCloud sync of timeline and DMs was extremely useful to me. The lack of ads in the stream of tweets is another reason why I continue to use Tweetbot.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to be a "power" user, whatever that means, of either Tweetbot or Twitterrific. They all do basically the same thing.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

yeah same here lol. i like the threaded style convos without have to leave your TL

and push notifs/alerts for whoever you wish whenever they tweet

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner