1Password Question

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, could not come up with a better title. Several years ago I had the app 1Password. I believe I paid around $10 at the time. Sometime around IOS 6 I deleted it from my phone. Well, I went to put it back on and notice that in my 'apps not on your phone' section of the App Store, I do not see it listed in there. So, I went to search it in the app store and found it for $17.99 and no cloud icon suggesting I had already purchased it.

Is anyone aware of the developers making any changes that may have caused the need to re-purchase, or eliminated a former verion of the app perhaps? I am temped to click purchase to see if it says that I have already purchased the item. On the flipside, I am nervous to do so because I would never willingly pay $18 for this app with all of the alternatives.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, could not come up with a better title. Several years ago I had the app 1Password. I believe I paid around $10 at the time. Sometime around IOS 6 I deleted it from my phone. Well, I went to put it back on and notice that in my 'apps not on your phone' section of the App Store, I do not see it listed in there. So, I went to search it in the app store and found it for $17.99 and no cloud icon suggesting I had already purchased it.

Is anyone aware of the developers making any changes that may have caused the need to re-purchase, or eliminated a former verion of the app perhaps? I am temped to click purchase to see if it says that I have already purchased the item. On the flipside, I am nervous to do so because I would never willingly pay $18 for this app with all of the alternatives.

Thanks!

Did you ever "hide" the app from view? If so, or if you're not certain, login to your account via the iTunes app and then check the hidden purchases option. If it is there, unhide it so that it can be displayed among your purchased list of apps.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever "hide" the app from view? If so, or if you're not certain, login to your account via the iTunes app and then check the hidden purchases option. If it is there, unhide it so that it can be displayed among your purchased list of apps.

Hey D, I was not aware there is a hide option. When you say iTunes app, could you be more specific. I am so sorry for not following. I take it you are not referring to the App Store app or the iTunes Store app correct?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey D, I was not aware there is a hide option. When you say iTunes app, could you be more specific. I am so sorry for not following. I take it you are not referring to the App Store app or the iTunes Store app correct?

Sure.
1. Initiate iTunes on your computer
2. Select "Store" at the top of the screen and then select "View account". You will be asked to enter your iTunes passcode.
3. Scroll down to the "iTunes in the Cloud" section and then select "manage" next to "Hidden Purchases".
4. Select the "Apps" option and then peruse the list, if applicable.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sure.
1. Initiate iTunes on your computer
2. Select "Store" at the top of the screen and then select "View account". You will be asked to enter your iTunes passcode.
3. Scroll down to the "iTunes in the Cloud" section and then select "manage" next to "Hidden Purchases".
4. Select the "Apps" option and then peruse the list, if applicable.

Lol I was just typing an edit to my above post asking if you were meaning iTunes on the computer. Ok, I will try that when I get home. Crossing my fingers ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2