Am I still considered an Apple Fanboy?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5, an iPad Mini 64, Apple Time Capsule and an a 3rd generation Apple TV. Yet, I on my devices, I have apps by Google, Blackberry and Microsoft. Am I still considered an Apple fanboy?...(laughing)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Yes you are JMD,
I have a few Google apps but no Microsoft stuff.
In 2 years I've gone all-in with Apple.
Love the ecosystem.
Good Luck

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you close minded about Android, Windows, and BlackBerry? Do you ignore sound, common sense arguments against Apple? If so, then you are a fanboy.

In my opinion, the number of devices or services you use from a particular manufacturer or company does not make you a fanboy. It is the blind faith, and the need to tear down your competition, without acknowledging their strengths, while at the same time, trumpeting your company's strengths, and ignoring its weaknesses... The need to openly justify your choice of device or service to others... while trying to make them feel inferior if they didn't choose the same as you. The need to lie, twist and spin data to fit your argument.

That's a fanboy.

youstink

Oct 26, 2013
twitter.com
How bought this.....
I was with the android seen since the g1. I've owned the droid, 2, 3, x, incredible, eris.
Then one sprint had the htc evo 4g
The went to AT&T had the s3, note, note 2, s4 and the nexus7.
I got tired of ****ty apps, force closing, no updates etc etc etc.
So on June 26 I took all these phones (I kept them all) to a AT&T store and did a buy back and was able to get the iphone 5(32gig) retina iPad 128gig mailed to me and the iPad mini 64 gig for only $298
And I'm flipping happy I did for one reason is security. Owning my own business I feel really happy that iOS is not open sourced. Owing a business and using android Isint a good idea.
So I guess I'm a apple fanboy cause I'm buyin the iPad air and retina mini next Thursday

I'm glad I left android for iOS

youstink

Oct 26, 2013
twitter.com
That's a lot of loot! Congrats and enjoy your new devices.

The biggest thing is that android Os is not secure.. I've had all my devices rooted and with owning a business being a equine vet and handling a lot of stuff on my iPad and iphone I gotta feel safe cause there's a lot of things I do. I've never met anyone owning a business using android

I'm glad I left android for iOS

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let's keep it on topic, folks. This is not a bash the competitors thread....:)

youstink

Oct 26, 2013
twitter.com
Ya need to look up the diffinition of fanboy and what makes a fanboy...I did stay a topic...

I'm glad I left android and came to iOS

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
@ JustMe'D
Sorry, you're too open minded to be fanboy.

@youstink
With a device history like yours, I think you might be jumping ship again in 6 months when the 'new device' itch comes back.

youstink

Oct 26, 2013
twitter.com
@ JustMe'D
Sorry, you're too open minded to be fanboy.

@youstink
With a device history like yours, I think you might be jumping ship again in 6 months when the 'new device' itch comes back.

Oh no way...being a horse bet I need things like face time and plus the apps I need are 100% better than android apps...and like i said its the security of iOS that really makes me happy

I'm glad I left android and came to iOS

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Are you close minded about Android, Windows, and BlackBerry? Do you ignore sound, common sense arguments against Apple? If so, then you are a fanboy.

In my opinion, the number of devices or services you use from a particular manufacturer or company does not make you a fanboy. It is the blind faith, and the need to tear down your competition, without acknowledging their strengths, while at the same time, trumpeting your company's strengths, and ignoring its weaknesses... The need to openly justify your choice of device or service to others... while trying to make them feel inferior if they didn't choose the same as you. The need to lie, twist and spin data to fit your argument.

That's a fanboy.

This is one of the most intelligent, well reasoned and rational posts that I've ever read on any of the mobile nations sites. Bravo. It is blind faith, closed mindedness and "other device teardown" that makes one a fanboy. Thats not to say you can't be passionate about your devices of choice, but be fair

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the most intelligent, well reasoned and rational posts that I've ever read on any of the mobile nations sites. Bravo. It is blind faith, closed mindedness and "other device teardown" that makes one a fanboy. Thats not to say you can't be passionate about your devices of choice, but be fair

With minor modifications, JMR1015's statement could apply for sports, faith, politics, autos, fashion... Agree it's well thought out.

Mark Das

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

That's a fanboy.
Agreed. But like others have mentioned, the term 'Fanboy' can mean different things to people. I usually consider myself a fanboy. Owning 7 devices + macbook, I would feel weird saying I'm not a fanboy haha. But I do recognize other phones and OS's as well. Android does indeed have a few features that I would like to see on iOS. Not to mention the fact that GS4 is 1080p.

I'm glad there are competitors that push each other to out smart or out feature each other. I am still, though, an Apple fanboy :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2