Why Do We Install So many Similar Apps Without Using Them?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am a productivity and weather app hoarder (I think we've established that's what we're all doing with apps!)...as soon as one comes out, if I like the screenshots etc I'll have to try it!! Then most likely delete after awhile...but it's always good to have options right?!
I alternate between calendar apps just for fun, my weather app I love now is Perfect Weather (quick loading plus radar if needed!)
I love fantastical but sometimes need to see a week/agenda type view and will switch to PI Pro or Week Cal. Oh and sometimes I do the any.do/Cal combo....
Ok ok I'll stop now.....😉

sweetstyle

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
We need an app that tells us when we last used are apps with an alert that pops up and tells us to delete an app after a set period of time...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We need an app that tells us when we last used are apps with an alert that pops up and tells us to delete an app after a set period of time...
Devs choice on how they write and build apps. Won't happen, Why would a developer put such info into their app to remind you to delete it whether you use it or not. I personally evaluate my apps once every month and if I know i have not used it for a long time and am not going to, I purge the app and uninstall it. Fortunately 95% of my apps are free so doing this does not bother me.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how many apps some of the blog writers have that regularly have to download and review apps?
I hear ya and would not even want to guess unless they install it, review and write about it and then delete it unless it is a choice app they get for free if it is a paid app or not, it is a perk of doing what they do.

sweetstyle

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Devs choice on how they write and build apps. Won't happen, Why would a developer put such info into their app to remind you to delete it whether you use it or not. I personally evaluate my apps once every month and if I know i have not used it for a long time and am not going to, I purge the app and uninstall it. Fortunately 95% of my apps are free so doing this does not bother me.

You totally missed the point Jag, I was referring to an app that monitors all other app frequency of usage with alerts... Apple probably wouldn't allow but heyho just throwing it out there...

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't it be great if Apple let us delete the stock apps... and substitute apps from the app store to be our main apps?

I don't install what I don't need. If I don't use it, I delete.
(Hey, that rhymed! :laughing:)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
OK, I got fired up as well & reviewed all my apps.
Only deleted one.
But then today I added a new one.
I will never learn.
Good Luck

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how many apps some of the blog writers have that regularly have to download and review apps?

I review Android apps for a living, but I generally use review devices for them. If I have to use my primary device, they are generally off within seconds of the review being completed.

Every now and then, I review an app I have to keep (like Pocketcasts). Sometimes the kids will take a liking to one. But on a weekly basis, I download up to a dozen or so new apps, and most of them are off my devices shortly after.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner