We need an app that tells us when we last used are apps with an alert that pops up and tells us to delete an app after a set period of time...
    10-27-2013 10:22 AM
    Wow Karen. You win. You.re the Champ.
    Good Luck
    Just checked my apps folder on the Mac mini. It contains 1642 apps. Although in some cases this includes more than one copy of the same app if an upgrade was another app.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    10-27-2013 11:44 AM
    Wow Karen!
    Perfect reason I started this thread.... Why though and what makes us do this??
    10-27-2013 11:46 AM
    Just checked my apps folder on the Mac mini. It contains 1642 apps. Although in some cases this includes more than one copy of the same app if an upgrade was another app.
    Again, Wow!
    Good Luck
    10-27-2013 12:03 PM
    Holy flipping cow

I'm glad I left android and came to iOS
    10-27-2013 12:15 PM
    I wonder how many apps some of the blog writers have that regularly have to download and review apps?
    10-27-2013 12:19 PM
    Because you can, thinking that "someday" your use it ... for me "someday" never comes and they just sit in a folder un-used...
    10-27-2013 12:52 PM
    wings of freedom ,its just personal preferences.
    10-27-2013 02:46 PM
    We need an app that tells us when we last used are apps with an alert that pops up and tells us to delete an app after a set period of time...
    Devs choice on how they write and build apps. Won't happen, Why would a developer put such info into their app to remind you to delete it whether you use it or not. I personally evaluate my apps once every month and if I know i have not used it for a long time and am not going to, I purge the app and uninstall it. Fortunately 95% of my apps are free so doing this does not bother me.
    10-27-2013 06:18 PM
    I wonder how many apps some of the blog writers have that regularly have to download and review apps?
    I hear ya and would not even want to guess unless they install it, review and write about it and then delete it unless it is a choice app they get for free if it is a paid app or not, it is a perk of doing what they do.
    10-27-2013 06:20 PM
    this inspired me to clean out some apps
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    10-27-2013 08:03 PM
    Devs choice on how they write and build apps. Won't happen, Why would a developer put such info into their app to remind you to delete it whether you use it or not. I personally evaluate my apps once every month and if I know i have not used it for a long time and am not going to, I purge the app and uninstall it. Fortunately 95% of my apps are free so doing this does not bother me.
    You totally missed the point Jag, I was referring to an app that monitors all other app frequency of usage with alerts... Apple probably wouldn't allow but heyho just throwing it out there...
    10-28-2013 02:55 AM
    Wouldn't it be great if Apple let us delete the stock apps... and substitute apps from the app store to be our main apps?

I don't install what I don't need. If I don't use it, I delete.
    (Hey, that rhymed! )
    10-28-2013 02:00 PM
    this inspired me to clean out some apps
    Same here. I am going through and deleting apps. Maybe this is a case of "less is more" as far as utilization out of your phone? I seem to get distracted with all these apps.
    10-28-2013 02:03 PM
    OK, I got fired up as well & reviewed all my apps.
    Only deleted one.
    But then today I added a new one.
    I will never learn.
    Good Luck
    10-28-2013 08:52 PM
    I review Android apps for a living, but I generally use review devices for them. If I have to use my primary device, they are generally off within seconds of the review being completed.

Every now and then, I review an app I have to keep (like Pocketcasts). Sometimes the kids will take a liking to one. But on a weekly basis, I download up to a dozen or so new apps, and most of them are off my devices shortly after.
    10-30-2013 12:26 AM
41 12