Tweetbot 3 for iOS 7 loses the textures, adds the physics, and keeps all the personality

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's beautiful and perfect. So glad they got it out. Over 4 months of coding and it's finally ours!

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I love it. I was so excited for it, I even gifted it to a few of my favorite people on twitter.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I like it, I just wish it wasn't using the system settings for the font size. I like my Twitter font small so I can see more tweets but I don't want all my fonts that small. I'm not holding much hope they'll change it though.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance... but what is the draw of a paid twitter client over the free official app? I never understood this.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Upon glancing at the first ad on the regular Twitter app, I immediately downloaded Tweetbot 3.0. I loved version 2.0 and think 3.0 is even better. For those who complain about paying for apps, I used to be one of those people, but I go by the logic that my $3 would pay for a slice of gourmet pizza. If I can afford a slice of delicious pizza, I can afford an app. :)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So far I like it...few things that were in prev version:

On a user profile 'last tweet' time/date

On own timeline, ability to see '#of unread tweets' display at top (sometimes I like to know how many more til I'm caught up!)
*edit: it just showed up, tiny tab on right hand side 😰

Font is fine by me!

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Tweetbot 3 for iOS 7 loses the textures, adds the physics, and keeps all the ...

This app costs 2,99$ and how come it doesn't support push notifications? I activated them within the app i have correct settings in my notification center but every time i receive a mention.. nothing happens. I still don't know when i receive one. Where is the red app badge icon?

I gotta say, i love everything about the new app and i would love to switch from official twitter app but.. :/ i'm afriad that's not gonna happen..

Question: what about those notifaction settings within the app? How they work?

Does anyone have the same problem?

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0.3

Last edited:

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tweetbot 3 for iOS 7 loses the textures, adds the physics, and keeps all the ...

This app costs 2,99$ and how come it doesn't support push notifications? I activated them within the app i have correct settings in my notification center but every time i receive a mention.. nothing happens. I still don't know when i receive one. Where is the red app badge icon?

I gotta say, i love everything about the new app and i would love to switch from official twitter app but.. :/ i'm afriad that's not gonna happen..

Question: what about those notifaction settings within the app? How they work?

Does anyone have the same problem?

It does support pushed notifications. Select your account/settings/account settings/notifications at the top.

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Tweetbot 3 for iOS 7 loses the textures, adds the physics, and keeps all the ...

It does support pushed notifications. Select your account/settings/account settings/notifications at the top.

Nevermind. Problem resolved;)

Last edited:

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm more of a reader/lurker than tweeter but I've used Tweetbot for 2 years and I Iove it. I paid the money for the update because I could never get into the other apps...free or not!

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So I have tweetbot 2.85 version.. and didn't get an update to 3.0 so your saying you have to pay again to get the latest update ?!? Or it hasn't been pushed out to older version users?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have tweetbot 2.85 version.. and didn't get an update to 3.0 so your saying you have to pay again to get the latest update ?!? Or it hasn't been pushed out to older version users?

You have to pay for the newest version...at least that's my understanding.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Been using Twitterific 5 since its release and just purchased Tweetbot 3 today, giving it a try and seeing if it can beat Twitterific for me. Both are still miles better than the official app.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’ve tried most of the Twitter apps and still keep coming back to Tweetbot... Like Apple, it "just works" for me. Now we need the updated iPad and OS X apps...

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Been using Twitterific 5 since its release and just purchased Tweetbot 3 today, giving it a try and seeing if it can beat Twitterific for me. Both are still miles better than the official app.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

I hear this a lot when people talk about these 3rd party clients. What about it is better than the official app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices