New iPhoto issues

rsteinla

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with the new iPhoto app on their phone? I downloaded the new app yesterday (free on my 5s) and, once launched, it was sitting with a "The photo library on this device is being upgraded" message for about 3 hours. I was concerned that things weren't working correctly, so I deleted the app, re-downloaded it from the cloud, and left if overnight. Here we are, nine hours later, and it still has that same message.

I'm guessing that leaving it as is will present a huge battery drain on my device. Anyone having the same experience? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Rob

UPDATE: I realized that my Photos App was stuck "Syncing" and wondered whether this had something to do with the new iPhoto issue I'm experiencing. So, I deleted iPhoto to see if that solved the Photo's problem - no dice. The Photo's app is still stuck "Syncing". Now I don't know if Photos is causing the problem in iPhoto or vice versa. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How many photos are there and are they all uncompressed? If you have hundreds, it may take a while to sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2