Apple Maps UI question

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Why is it that when viewing upcoming streets it appears you have not yet approached a street on the app but in fact have already passed it. Is it because Apple maps is just not that accurate?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why is it that when viewing upcoming streets it appears you have not yet approached a street on the app but in fact have already passed it. Is it because Apple maps is just not that accurate?

That happens on Garmin Nuvis too... it's normal... and depends upon the computed position accuracy based on the number of GPS satellites your phone can see at any given moment... it could be 3 meters or 30 or more if your phone can't see enough satellites at a strong enough signal to get a better fix...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard yet of any navigation or directions app to be 100% whatever way makes it inaccurate as you mentioned your situation and kch50428s answer to you. Not only could it be as he mentioned and many other things too. I happen to think myself that from the time Apple Maps has come out until now it has come a long way in accuracy and is my go to that I use the most.I also use Telenav as a backup, YEP backup because I have Apple maps right on for my hmmmmm 95 - 95% of the time. Hope you got some good ideas and answers. :)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Just think of it as a safety tactic for you to listen to the gps and look for the street sign rather than state at the gps with your eyes off the road. ;p

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods