Sync.me

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Anybody use this app? Pretty great since apple can't seem to get the sync to Facebook and LinkedIn just right. Well, I figured out a major flaw in it. If you sync to google contacts through cardav, I have very strong evidence that this apps disables that syncing ability. So, new contacts created on your phone will not sync to google cloud and vice versus. I wrote the company, we will see if they respond. Anyone experience this?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Anybody use this app? Pretty great since apple can't seem to get the sync to Facebook and LinkedIn just right. Well, I figured out a major flaw in it. If you sync to google contacts through cardav, I have very strong evidence that this apps disables that syncing ability. So, new contacts created on your phone will not sync to google cloud and vice versus. I wrote the company, we will see if they respond. Anyone experience this?

I use this app but my contact are on iCloud I ditched google long ago and even now forward my gmail to my iCloud so I get push email back

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
what's keeping me with google unfortunately is I use outlook at work and I have a third party app that syncs with google throughout the day. That way, if I save a new contact though outlook at work I don't have to worry about it making its way to my phone, and vice versa. I am not sure of any apps that can sync icloud with outlook.

Eli Bercu

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have the same problem, even worse, after a while that sync stopped working, i lost all my contacts. they disappeared ...
re-sync with google, brought most of them back, but there was a delta that didnt sync and lost.
any solution you found?

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I have the same problem, even worse, after a while that sync stopped working, i lost all my contacts. they disappeared ...
re-sync with google, brought most of them back, but there was a delta that didnt sync and lost.
any solution you found?

Yeh the delta was probably the contacts you saved directly onto your phone since the sync broke. These would have never synced back up to the cloud. Same thing happened to me. The developer was trying to be helpful but was never able to find a solution. Pretty disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I never used it and only sync my contacts with iCloud as well as Verizon has their own cloud service and app as well.

Maryth91

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened with this app and another app that I deleted a while ago. I saw CardDAV didn't upload the new contacts I had added to the device. Also I saw that some of the info from my device contacts + photos didn't sync properly to the CardDAV google account.

But shouldn't the syncing between the device contacts and the CardDAV have to do with the CardDAV account (and not a third party app)? I wonder how much app developers can help out with this... how would they be able to know what the CardDAV process does and doesn't do (or what an exchange account does) after their app (seemingly) does its job? How is a 3rd party app associated with CardDAV and how can it block it from doing something external to its app...Just asking, I'm no professional in this stuff. Any insight would be welcome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2