Anybody use this app? Pretty great since apple can't seem to get the sync to Facebook and LinkedIn just right. Well, I figured out a major flaw in it. If you sync to google contacts through cardav, I have very strong evidence that this apps disables that syncing ability. So, new contacts created on your phone will not sync to google cloud and vice versus. I wrote the company, we will see if they respond. Anyone experience this?
    10-11-2013 10:26 PM
    Anybody use this app? Pretty great since apple can't seem to get the sync to Facebook and LinkedIn just right. Well, I figured out a major flaw in it. If you sync to google contacts through cardav, I have very strong evidence that this apps disables that syncing ability. So, new contacts created on your phone will not sync to google cloud and vice versus. I wrote the company, we will see if they respond. Anyone experience this?
    I use this app but my contact are on iCloud I ditched google long ago and even now forward my gmail to my iCloud so I get push email back
    Maryth91 and csal80 like this.
    10-11-2013 11:06 PM
    what's keeping me with google unfortunately is I use outlook at work and I have a third party app that syncs with google throughout the day. That way, if I save a new contact though outlook at work I don't have to worry about it making its way to my phone, and vice versa. I am not sure of any apps that can sync icloud with outlook.
    10-12-2013 05:39 AM
    what's keeping me with google unfortunately is I use outlook at work and I have a third party app that syncs with google throughout the day. That way, if I save a new contact though outlook at work I don't have to worry about it making its way to my phone, and vice versa. I am not sure of any apps that can sync icloud with outlook.
    Assuming you are using Windows, check out the iCloud control panel which can be downloaded free rom Apple. I'm fairly sure that it can connect Outlook to iCloud.

Also if your work Exchange allows it, you could just set up exchange mail or contacts or calendars on the iPhone directly. This is what I so and if I add a contact in Outlook on my Exchange account, it automatically shows up on my phone with no intermediary service needed.
    csal80 likes this.
    10-12-2013 08:58 AM
    Hi
    I have the same problem, even worse, after a while that sync stopped working, i lost all my contacts. they disappeared ...
    re-sync with google, brought most of them back, but there was a delta that didnt sync and lost.
    any solution you found?
    03-09-2014 05:50 AM
    Hi
    I have the same problem, even worse, after a while that sync stopped working, i lost all my contacts. they disappeared ...
    re-sync with google, brought most of them back, but there was a delta that didnt sync and lost.
    any solution you found?
    Yeh the delta was probably the contacts you saved directly onto your phone since the sync broke. These would have never synced back up to the cloud. Same thing happened to me. The developer was trying to be helpful but was never able to find a solution. Pretty disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    03-09-2014 08:36 AM
    I never used it and only sync my contacts with iCloud as well as Verizon has their own cloud service and app as well.
    03-09-2014 09:55 AM
    Same thing happened with this app and another app that I deleted a while ago. I saw CardDAV didn't upload the new contacts I had added to the device. Also I saw that some of the info from my device contacts + photos didn't sync properly to the CardDAV google account.

But shouldn't the syncing between the device contacts and the CardDAV have to do with the CardDAV account (and not a third party app)? I wonder how much app developers can help out with this... how would they be able to know what the CardDAV process does and doesn't do (or what an exchange account does) after their app (seemingly) does its job? How is a 3rd party app associated with CardDAV and how can it block it from doing something external to its app...Just asking, I'm no professional in this stuff. Any insight would be welcome.
    01-27-2015 08:01 AM