Introducing ShopIt - simple and handy shopping list iPhone app

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey all:)

I'm still using this app and enjoying it�� I do have another (hopefull) request - when doing a search for an item that's not on the native list or something we already added, in our shopping cart section, I'd like to be able to still add it without having to go back to the main list page, type it again and then add it. I hope that made sense:)

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey all:)

I'm still using this app and enjoying it�� I do have another (hopefull) request - when doing a search for an item that's not on the native list or something we already added, in our shopping cart section, I'd like to be able to still add it without having to go back to the main list page, type it again and then add it. I hope that made sense:)

Hi Pink,

Thank you for your proposal, I'm happy to see your ideas on how to improve our app. And I'm even more happy to see that you are using the app on a daily basis.

Could you tell me more details about how are you using the app? Do you create a new list on the shopping cart screen by 'unpurchasing' things you need for the new list or you accidentally start to create a new list on the shopping cart screen and then realize that you need to go back to products screen? Are you using shake on the shopping cart screen to clear the list? Are you using smart sorting on products screen? Are you using 'add with description' long tap functionality?

In the meanwhile we have released ShopIt 1.0.1 that has some fixes for Japanese and Chinese localizations (if that matters for you at all ;) ) and minor UI improvements to make ShopIt even more pixel-perfect.

And here is some art, created by our amazing designer
shopit-app_03.jpg
shopit-app_02.jpg

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so here's how I have this set up. I have smart sorting & save description set to ON. When I first purchased your app, I created one big list for when I have a big shopping trip my items are in the cart. I then swiped the items I didn't want on the list at the time as "purchased", placing them on the bottom of the list crossed out but ready for me to swipe them back onto the list (as not purchased) if I needed that particular item. I make one large trip once weekly, then I only use the list daily for items needed that night for preparing dinner. So during the week for just dinner items & a few additional things I have maybe 10-15 items in the list daily.

I never use the shake to clear feature - I let all items I'm not putting into my cart at that time just remain at the bottom of the shopping cart section crossed out till I need to swipe them up onto the list as add to cart (not purchased)

Hope that made sense :)

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so here's how I have this set up. I have smart sorting & save description set to ON. When I first purchased your app, I created one big list for when I have a big shopping trip my items are in the cart. I then swiped the items I didn't want on the list at the time as "purchased", placing them on the bottom of the list crossed out but ready for me to swipe them back onto the list (as not purchased) if I needed that particular item. I make one large trip once weekly, then I only use the list daily for items needed that night for preparing dinner. So during the week for just dinner items & a few additional things I have maybe 10-15 items in the list daily.

I never use the shake to clear feature - I let all items I'm not putting into my cart at that time just remain at the bottom of the shopping cart section crossed out till I need to swipe them up onto the list as add to cart (not purchased)

Hope that made sense :)

Hi Pink,

Thank you for spending time to write this story. We appreciate that a lot.

We are discussing your story and trying to find a way to satisfy your needs.
While our team is trying to find the best way to do it right I hope that I have some alternative.
With smart sorting enabled, all items that are in your shopping list should be on top of your products list. So top items of the list on Products screen should be almost equal to what you have on Shopping cart screen. Could you give it a try and create your shopping list on Products screen?

In version 1.1 we will release ability to delete standard items on Products screen. Overall I hope that version 1.1 will better suit your needs :)

One more time, thank you for describing you usage of our app. You are helping us to understand our users better and we are happy about it :)

Last edited:

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Categories are coming soon! We will post an update here as soon as they will be out.

We are working hard to keep UI as clean as it is right now, because simplicity and design are main ideas of ShopIt.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Categories are coming soon! We will post an update here as soon as they will be out.

We are working hard to keep UI as clean as it is right now, because simplicity and design are main ideas of ShopIt.

What type of categories are you adding?

I'm my previous post I was referring to Beef, Chicken,Milk as categories. Once again great app. 👍👍👍👍

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
What type of categories are you adding?

I'm my previous post I was referring to Beef, Chicken,Milk as categories. Once again great app. 

Hi iEd,

Long story short - we are working on version 1.1.0 right now. Among other enhancements we will bring an option (a setting) to sort lists on "Shopping cart" and "Products" by category. For example: 'Milk' and 'Cheese' will go to same category 'Dairy'. This should help you in the supermarket where 'Milk' and 'Cheese' are probably near each other.

Hope that makes sense for you!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi iEd,

Long story short - we are working on version 1.1.0 right now. Among other enhancements we will bring an option (a setting) to sort lists on "Shopping cart" and "Products" by category. For example: 'Milk' and 'Cheese' will go to same category 'Dairy'. This should help you in the supermarket where 'Milk' and 'Cheese' are probably near each other.

That's a cool feature. I get it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi iEd,

👍😃 awesome !! Looking forward to this update !!

🎀Sent from my pink-a-licious 4S🎀