So I have two iphone 4s' in the family that have been losing notes from the stock notepad. It is syncing with Yahoo and NOT via the cloud. The notes appear in the online "notes" folder, but those are not accessible to update etc. So I have notes from about 9 months ago and everything current keeps leaving the phone once it backs up online. I have reached out to Yahoo with no luck.

Right now the icloud back up for notes is not going to work as the itunes is currently shared and would merge contacts etc. Does anyone know if this has been resolved in iOS7?

Thanks!
    09-16-2013 08:55 AM
    On your i-device, go to Setting>Notes and then change the "Default Account" from Yahoo to iCloud.
    09-16-2013 09:19 AM
    If the same email is used on both phones then when a note is deleted on one device it will delete from the other.
    09-16-2013 09:21 AM
    ok. So it sounds like I need to create a new icloud email to avoid merging different things. I was trying to avoid that, but probably will resolve the problem. Thanks!
    09-16-2013 09:33 AM
    Thank you! I will add a new icloud email and give that a try.
    09-16-2013 09:33 AM
    So I have two iphone 4s' in the family that have been losing notes from the stock notepad. It is syncing with Yahoo and NOT via the cloud.
    More than likely, Yahoo is set as the default account for Notes instead of iCloud. Go to Setting>Notes and then change the default to iCloud.
    The notes appear in the online "notes" folder, but those are not accessible to update etc.
    Your notes are accessible and editable via iCloud online, but only from a computer.
    So I have notes from about 9 months ago and everything current keeps leaving the phone once it backs up online. I have reached out to Yahoo with no luck.
    As has been already stated, make sure the person with the other 4S is not deleting the notes because if they are, the notes on your device will also delete if you're sharing the same Apple ID.

Right now the icloud back up for notes is not going to work as the itunes is currently shared and would merge contacts etc. Does anyone know if this has been resolved in iOS7?

Thanks!
    An iTunes backup will NOT merge backups from different device, however, a backup from one device can be restored on another.
    09-16-2013 10:12 AM
    I have used the Native Notes app on occasion but still have things on it and have never lost anything?
    09-16-2013 11:58 AM