App Addiction

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Weather apps, to-do apps, running games, shooters, task apps...

Calendar Apps.

We all have weaknesses when it comes to hitting that "Free" or "Buy" button in the App Store. When we see a new favorite come out or see it get a good review on our favorite sites it can be an absolute compulsion to see if it is possibly any better than the one we're using currently.

My weakness is for calendar apps: I may have tried them all. I'm always pretty happy until the next new one comes out and I just have to give it a shot. Stock, Sunrise, Fantastical, Tempo, Cal by Any.Do, and the list can go on. Money? Almost never an issue. Until today anyway, when I was tempted by Calendars 5 and didn't pull the trigger because I'm still satisfied by Fantastical. But tomorrow is another day and all I'd have to do is subtract $5 from my Starbucks budget this month.

What apps do you download without much thought? Even when you're good with what you have.

Calendars 5 for iOS review: Combine your calendars and tasks into one beautiful, easy to use app | iMore

Calendars 5: a full-featured planner inspired by iOS 7 | The Verge

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't fall into this category. I mean, I test apps periodically if someone post one that appears interesting to me or to help an iMore member troubleshoot something, but I don't go crazy downloading apps. The apps that are on my iPhone are apps that I actually use. I think the last app I was excited about updating was the Tapatalk app which is probably my most used app along with

Any.Do
Drafts
Evernote
Instapaper
Reeder/Feeddler Pro
Native Calendar app
Safari
iA Writer
Dropbox
DataVault

I use the above listed apps daily.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would at least say that in the same context as what you are looking for I DO use daily

Any.do
DataVault
Dropbox
Evernote

I hope I was able to at least give you something to assist you.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Curious about feedback from the Calendar 5 app- I really liked the calendars plus app but since it didnt have the natural language input I found myself using fantastical for input and cal plus for view- then I saw informant go which combines both so I bought that too. i find myself using that more than anything. I want to wait to see what iOS 7 cal brings too- Guess I am wondering who bought it already and if so what do you think

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
gejavu3e.jpg

I purchased yesterday. Was not blown out of the water on this one. However I love the speech recognition. It's not a deal breaker because it is still on my device. I've had worse and they cost more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/15/gejavu3e.jpg

I purchased yesterday. Was not blown out of the water on this one. However I love the speech recognition. It's not a deal breaker because it is still on my device. I've had worse and they cost more.

What about it didn't blow you away? I've heard things about usability and missing core features.

Side note: been looking at iOS 7 so long that 6 throws me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Some apps just have that "WOW" factor. Once I purchased a calendar task manager and if I'm not mistakened I paid about $14.00 for it. The font was so small with my 50 plus eyes I was so disappointed. With Calendar 5 I have found it to be the one that has more functionable options for me. It has been on my device for 2.5 days so it seems to serve me well. I wish it had a few more color options. I'm not downing the app in no way because I'm still using it. What works best for me as I stated previously may not work for some. I am enjoying the speech recognition most. In some of the other 10 apps I have purchased I had difficulty with the speech and the data going where it should. I think it is well worth the $5 price. Maybe I did not clarify myself. And sometimes it can be an operator error. I love color and wish maybe it had more color options. But yes I can recommend Calendar 5. V!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Some apps just have that "WOW" factor. Once I purchased a calendar task manager and if I'm not mistakened I paid about $14.00 for it. The font was so small with my 50 plus eyes I was so disappointed. With Calendar 5 I have found it to be the one that has more functionable options for me. It has been on my device for 2.5 days so it seems to serve me well. I wish it had a few more color options. I'm not downing the app in no way because I'm still using it. What works best for me as I stated previously may not work for some. I am enjoying the speech recognition most. In some of the other 10 apps I have purchased I had difficulty with the speech and the data going where it should. I think it is well worth the $5 price. Maybe I did not clarify myself. And sometimes it can be an operator error. I love color and wish maybe it had more color options. But yes I can recommend Calendar 5. V!

How would you compare it to calendars +? Thanks!

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The ones I have are listed below. I have not tried Calendar plus. I went through my purchased apps and this is what I found. Check out the price on StickyDoo.

1. StickyDoo
2. Horizon Calendar
3. Sunrise Calendar
4. Jorte Calendar
5. Agenda Calendar
6. My Life Organizer
7. Any.Do Task
8. Fantastical
9. 2013 Planner

All those didn't do the things I needed so I've stuck with Calendar 5.
Might have missed a few but still I'll stick with Calendar 5.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm like this with camera replacement and photo editing apps?have tried a ton and still haven't found one in either category that does everything I'd like.

For instance, I use Camera+ as my cam app but wish it would do HDR and video. Others do, but I like don't handle regular shooting as well as C+ does. And Snapseed does almost everything I want in an editing app but is missing some features other apps handle well.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm like this with camera replacement and photo editing apps—have tried a ton and still haven't found one in either category that does everything I'd like.

For instance, I use Camera+ as my cam app but wish it would do HDR and video. Others do, but I like don't handle regular shooting as well as C+ does. And Snapseed does almost everything I want in an editing app but is missing some features other apps handle well.

That is the mental exercise I go through as well. App A does this well but not better than App B, although App A has a fresher interface and is more pleasing to use.

Or crap just crashes. That happens too. Those don't last long on my devices.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77