MoWeather App!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
MoWeather will release new version the next week, which have 24 hourly weather forecast :)
Do you like it?
View attachment 45197

Yes, your MoWeather app looks great. A severe weather badge alert is a great idea, but it would need to be shown on the icon as soon as the National Weather Service or other weather org releases the alert. If it takes a long time to show on the icon, it wouldn't be of much use. I say this because all the temp badge apps I've tried lag a bit. A small lag for a temp is ok, but a severe weather alert could mean life or death. Nice app!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using apps

Fannic Yin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestion! You are right, the time is important. We will optimize the push notification technology and make the severe alert get to the users without delay. These work will take some time and the feature will be added on V2.2 in the next month.

Last edited:

Fannic Yin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
MoWeather v2.1 is available on AppStore now! Accuracy is shown hour by hour. 36-hour ahead!

620x800.jpg

What's new in this update:
  • Accuracy is shown hour by hour. 36-hour ahead!
  • Customized Social Hub.
  • Enable personal page background change.
  • Swipe to review real view pictures.

Fannic Yin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback.

Feels like temperature is shown in the main view by"REAL FEELS". You mean adding the feels like temperature on the app icon? The temp badge has been used to show the severe weather alert, so maybe the notice about weather can be delivered by push notification every morning. How about it?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback.

Feels like temperature is shown in the main view by"REAL FEELS". You mean adding the feels like temperature on the app icon? The temp badge has been used to show the severe weather alert, so maybe the notice about weather can be delivered by push notification every morning. How about it?
I like the Real Feel in the main view (I didn't see it originally)!
Regarding temp badge, that's a matter of preference. I'd much rather have a temp badge than an alert badge. (If I understood you right, there's no temp badge option, correct?)

Fannic Yin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I like the Real Feel in the main view (I didn't see it originally)!
Regarding temp badge, that's a matter of preference. I'd much rather have a temp badge than an alert badge. (If I understood you right, there's no temp badge option, correct?)

We will think about it again. Thanks.

Fannic Yin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, your MoWeather app looks great. A severe weather badge alert is a great idea, but it would need to be shown on the icon as soon as the National Weather Service or other weather org releases the alert. If it takes a long time to show on the icon, it wouldn't be of much use. I say this because all the temp badge apps I've tried lag a bit. A small lag for a temp is ok, but a severe weather alert could mean life or death. Nice app!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using apps

Yes, you are right. The severe alert could mean life or death.
The real time push technology will push this information to the icon without delay.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you are right. The severe alert could mean life or death.
The real time push technology will push this information to the icon without delay.

I get severe weather alerts that show on my screen immediately. They come from the National Weather Service via the weather apps I have. There's no lag to those. They come in as a banner at the top, then I tap it and a full screen alert shows. So no need for alerts on an icon badge.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I get severe weather alerts that show on my screen immediately. They come from the National Weather Service via the weather apps I have. There's no lag to those. They come in as a banner at the top, then I tap it and a full screen alert shows. So no need for alerts on an icon badge.
And that's why I think an alert badge is redundant. Temp badge makes more sense to me.

Fannic Yin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
We purchased several servers to prepare for the Temp badge feature last week, for showing Temp badge on icon in time need more powerful servers to push temp info to devices continually. The push service will be configured on v2.4. Hope you like it!

Fannic Yin

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
New MoWeather with Global discovery feature is available on the AppStore!

New MoWeather with Global discovery feature is available on the AppStore!

- Global discovery feature -- unlock your weather discovery journal
- New hourly forecast -- optimized 36 hourly forecast display
- New feedback function -- get answer directly from tech representative

MoWeather_iPhone2.2_launch.jpg:yes:

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
We purchased several servers to prepare for the Temp badge feature last week, for showing Temp badge on icon in time need more powerful servers to push temp info to devices continually. The push service will be configured on v2.4. Hope you like it!
Awesome and thank you!

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just read this topic and installed the app after view the print screen on this post. Looks so cool, and the graphic is awesome. I'm always installing weather apps and this one rocks! You have my "like" on Facebook too :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2