iWork apps now available for free download on any new iOS device

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As the title reads... Apple is now offering iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers and Keynote for FREE on any new iOS device. Very cool. Having those apps included on new devices is a nice touch.

After purchase of a new device, once you get to setup, you'll be prompted to download the apps (if you wish).

Good? Bad? Do you care?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
yup

Only new devices....

"The suite' is now free on all new iOS devices and now includes iMovie and iPhoto. When you upgrade to iOS 7 you will be presented with a screen that lets you download these apps. These features will be included with any new iPad, iPhone, or 5th generation iPod Touch."

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
lol Ya right.... No seriously it's just a promo... Nothing will force Apples hand....

You get a new device, you get iWork.. Get don't get a new device, your well jacked....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
lol Ya right.... No seriously it's just a promo... Nothing will force Apples hand....

You get a new device, you get iWork.. Get don't get a new device, your well jacked....

Let's say, I go to the store and buy a "new" iPhone 4S for one of my kids on October 1. Will it come with the free iWorks apps? If I upgrade it to iOS 7, will I have the option of downloading the apps to that "new" 4S?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Let's say, I go to the store and buy a "new" iPhone 4S for one of my kids on October 1. Will it come with the free iWorks apps? If I upgrade it to iOS 7, will I have the option of downloading the apps to that "new" 4S?

I would say yes. As it's new to you. And creation of Apple ID is tied to the device serial. I am sure they have ways of linking it all.

They do say when you open App Store you will get pushed the free apps. Vs I will not?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

As I read the press release, it seemed to say something about a new "activation" after September 1. Would not a fresh install constitute that new "activation"? Perhaps it’s a loophole?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I wonder about this announcement and whether the free apps only will come to those who buy new devices, or whether anyone with an iOS 7 device can get the apps for nothing. If you already bought the apps, too bad, so sad, but for those who didn't, I would hope you would be entitled to them. Guess we'll find out next week.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wonder about this announcement and whether the free apps only will come to those who buy new devices, or whether anyone with an iOS 7 device can get the apps for nothing. If you already bought the apps, too bad, so sad, but for those who didn't, I would hope you would be entitled to them. Guess we'll find out next week.

The wording from the keynote said 'new device'. Some blogs are saying 'new activations'. We shall see.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Guess when the first person here gets their new 5S come back and let us know.... :) Maybe my set date for me personally being Oct. I am going for the Space gray 32GB 5S so I will let you know then...LOL

As a creature of habit by that time a month in the public hands and more than likely an OS bug fix I will be ready to go to my local Apple store and buy. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just went back to the Keynote and forwarded to iWorks and the answer is ANY now IOS device and when you 'SETUP' you will be presented with this and with the push on one button ALL these will be downloaded and more for free. Hope this helps you all with the answer.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I'm still confused. They said in the keynote that NEW devices would get those apps for free.
People are now saying new install? So whoever upgrades to iOS7 will get those free? Or am I reading wrong

Sent from my IPad 2

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As I read the press release, it seemed to say something about a new "activation" after September 1. Would not a fresh install constitute that new "activation"? Perhaps it’s a loophole?
You read my mind....lol...:)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You read my mind....lol...:)

I'm guessing it's tied into the official release of ios 7 vs gm so a restore prob will trigger it just like when it asks you if you want iBooks and the other apps

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just went back to the Keynote and forwarded to iWorks and the answer is ANY now IOS device and when you 'SETUP' you will be presented with this and with the push on one button ALL these will be downloaded and more for free. Hope this helps you all with the answer.

I am actually testing this now with my iPad 2... was running iOS 6.13. I did a backup, wiped all settings/content and set up as new. Now upgrading to iOS 7... the update completed and I was never shown the screen that I saw in the keynote video offering the iWork suite download.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am actually testing this now with my iPad 2... was running iOS 6.13. I did a backup, wiped all settings/content and set up as new. Now upgrading to iOS 7... the update completed and I was never shown the screen that I saw in the keynote video offering the iWork suite download.
As i gave an answer to 'D just now but I have a feeling that when they say all NEW devices and we are clearly past Sept 1 it means NEW devices. When I go buy my new 5S in Oct and setup through iTunes I will be presented with the screenshot I posted here but that is a guess on my part.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In case you are interested 'D from 17:15 time point in the keynote video to apprx. 10 mins the talk in iWorks will explain what I helped to clarify for you guys. In case you wanted to review it. :)

Okay, thank you sir. I appreciate it...;)

crash1298

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I was wondering if I did not download when prompted, does this mean I no longer have the option for free?
I'm asking cause I'm trying to download them and the prices are 4.99 and 9.99 in the app store. Was this a
one shot deal? I have the iphone 5s purchased 9/21/13. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2