YouTube App

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been addressed. Is there a setting I'm missing that allows me to see videos in high quality? Never noticed that it wasn't doing this until today. Is it unique to YouTube on android? Thanks

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been addressed. Is there a setting I'm missing that allows me to see videos in high quality? Never noticed that it wasn't doing this until today. Is it unique to YouTube on android? Thanks
I might be wrong finn but I think you actually from within the app just like your desktop you have to look for the HD videos to watch but you can still go through setting to look for playback mode where it might say something such as in playback... Best available or something in wording similar. Good luck and if i come across anything i will be sure to post back here.

EDIT: I just went back through all my settings and can't find anything that allow me to watch in a higher standard from the app. Of course I use You Tube Downloader to DL videos and that allows you to choose high quality or any other standard to watch once you Dl and play back. Maybe someone will come along and know something we don't:)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I might be wrong finn but I think you actually from within the app just like your desktop you have to look for the HD videos to watch but you can still go through setting to look for playback mode where it might say something such as in playback... Best available or something in wording similar. Good luck and if i come across anything i will be sure to post back here.

Thanks J! Usually I try to do my homework before posting but I'm completely mobile and limited at the moment. I just played identical videos on the 'mobile safari' version and on the official app. Night and day. Super clear on safari. Compressed looking on the app :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2