The App is installed, but Its icon is Missing.

Jill Smith1

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had the game app Fish with Attitude for a while now...couple a days ago it stopped loading so i deleted and re installed it. Now apple store says I can open it but there is no icon to be found anywhere? confused... what is my next step to load and play this app again?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try doing a hard reset holding home and power

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had the game app Fish with Attitude for a while now...couple a days ago it stopped loading so i deleted and re installed it. Now apple store says I can open it but there is no icon to be found anywhere? confused... what is my next step to load and play this app again?

are you jailbroken?
it happens with my iPad, its jailbroken and sometimes some app icons or even the AppStore icon was missing. i just closed all the apps and did a hard reboot then everything was fine.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you look as i mentioned in any folders to make sure that it did not land on reinstall in a folder like if you had a folder with all your games or any other folder? Did you look in iTunes with your phone hooked up to make sure next to the game in the list of your apps that the button does say that it is installed? If you uninstalled it and now that you did a hard reset to remove any remnants and reinstalled the app, The app and it's icon should be on one of your panels or like I said may have gotten put in a folder?

Jill Smith1

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
i looked in all folders...can't find it...its in my iTunes as downloaded....app store when I search it shows the button "open" but nothing happens when I touch it

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i looked in all folders...can't find it...its in my iTunes as downloaded....app store when I search it shows the button "open" but nothing happens when I touch it
So all of this and you cannot tap it on your phone and it will not open or everything else is present as you stated but it is NOT on your phone(The App Icon)?

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a spotlight search? How to do a Spotlight search: 1) go to first page on home screen, 2) swipe from left to right, 3) start typing in the name of app,song,mail... And if that doesn't work then, I don't know.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Connect your device to your computer and then fire up the computer's iTunes app. Once iTunes detect your device, scroll through the device's homescreens via iTunes and see if you can locate the app. If not, do an iTunes backup. Afterwards, see if the app is listed among the synced apps as displayed via iTunes. If it is, uninstall it via itunes and then reinstall it via iTunes.

viewcamera

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
"Restrictions" was never used to my knowledge.
I enabled Restrictions, including setting a passcode (found in Settings, General).
I turned off the missing app, turned it back on, and then disabled restrictions.
It appeared back on the home screen!

Hope this helps someone.

Daniel Mejia3

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
I know what happened... it happened to me but I quickly solved it... so in you settings go to general. Then got to restrictions. After putting in the restriction pass you go down to the age restriction column where the app column is. If you have it set to anything 12+ and lower YouTube will be restricted. You’ll need to set it too 17+ to be able to launch it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This Didn’t Work for me Either I hard reset and all but still can’t find gamepiegon , Whatelse Csn I do

Did you try following these directions:

Connect your device to your computer and then fire up the computer's iTunes app. Once iTunes detect your device, scroll through the device's homescreens via iTunes and see if you can locate the app. If not, do an iTunes backup. Afterwards, see if the app is listed among the synced apps as displayed via iTunes. If it is, uninstall it via itunes and then reinstall it via iTunes.

TenelleJ

May 27, 2018
Visit site
This happened to me with cash app and Waze. I tried the methods above and it didn’t work.
So I went to the App Store
clicked on my icon in the top right
Clicked on my icon again
Scrolled down to hidden purchases
Then reinstalled the apps.
And it worked for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member