Question for you Tapatalk gurus out there: what is the best way to create a text link in a post?

I know about the "3 dot" button that allows you the option to choose BBCode and then URL, but that's the only way I see. What I'd love to be able to do is highlight the text I want to turn into a link, and then hit the URL button, but doing that doesn't work the way I thought it would. (I thought it would turn the highlighted text into a link; instead it inserts the URL tags in front of the selected text.

Advice?
    08-21-2013 10:20 PM
    There is no easy way, to be quite honest. In regard to what you're trying to do -- turn highlighted text into a link -- you'd have to first highlight the text and then select "cut". After that, tap on the 3 dots, then BBCode and then URL. The cursor will automatically appear between the beginning URL block and the end block. After that, tap the cursor and then select "paste". Still, that is too much work, in my opinion. Personally, I don't even bother using the BBCode option. I type the whole bracketed URL code and the link manually. I do agree that there should be a better way. Anyway, goodnight, sir...
    08-21-2013 11:13 PM
    Ha, glad to know I'm not totally crazy for typing them out! Thanks, D.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-21-2013 11:35 PM