Been trying to replace my alarm clock with my phone. Problem is, I usually have the ringer turned down and don't want to have to remember to turn it up each night before I go to bed. I've been using the default clock app but was late to work one day last week because the volume was down and I couldn't hear the alarm.

Is there an alarm clock app that has it's own volume controls and overrides what the phone is set at? Not even sure if that's possible. Do alarm clock apps need to be open to function? Cause I don't really want that either.

Or can I do this with the default clock and I'm just missing something?
    08-05-2013 10:10 AM
    Been trying to replace my alarm clock with my phone. Problem is, I usually have the ringer turned down and don't want to have to remember to turn it up each night before I go to bed. I've been using the default clock app but was late to work one day last week because the volume was down and I couldn't hear the alarm.

Is there an alarm clock app that has it's own volume controls and overrides what the phone is set at? Not even sure if that's possible. Do alarm clock apps need to be open to function? Cause I don't really want that either.

Or can I do this with the default clock and I'm just missing something?
    I would suggest leaving the volume at a higher level and use the Do Not Disturb feature to keep you from being disturbed with alerts that you may receive in the middle of the night. You can set the times in which you do not want to be disturbed, for example, 10:30 PM to 7:30 AM.
    08-05-2013 10:17 AM
    I'm pretty sure that the alarms always activate at maximum volume, regardless of having the ringer volume down or the phone on vibrate. I turn my ringer up and down all the time, but my alarm always comes in at full volume.
    08-05-2013 10:19 AM
    I would suggest leaving the volume at a higher level and use the Do Not Disturb feature to keep you from being disturbed with alerts that you may receive in the middle of the night. You can set the times in which you do not want to be disturbed, for example, 10:30 PM to 7:30 AM.
    Yeah, I use DND for when I'm sleeping. I mainly have the volume down (at a low level, not muted) for when I'm at home in the evening with family.

I'm pretty sure that the alarms always activate at maximum volume, regardless of having the ringer volume down or the phone on vibrate. I turn my ringer up and down all the time, but my alarm always comes in at full volume.
    Ok, that would make sense. I know the alarm will go off if the phone is muted but I assumed volume of the ringer would adjust the volume of the alarm. The alarm did not go off one morning and I assumed it was because I had the volume down. When I make sure it's turned up I don't have that problem. But who knows, could have been a fluke of some sort.

You're probably right, that would be the logical thing, I'll just have to test it out a bit when I get home tonight.

Thanks!
    08-05-2013 10:46 AM
    Try "Brrr Alarm". Works fine with fade in in prescheduled max volume..
    02-07-2014 02:21 AM