Hello everyone. I am brand new to these forums and brand new to iphone in general so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I just got my first iphone (5) the other day and am having a great time learning all about what I can do with it. I have a question though that I'm hoping I can get an answer for here. Now I don't even know if this is possible but I was thinking maybe it is with iCloud or something.

ok, so here's my question:

Is there a way that I can stream my music library, currently on my Windows Desktop PC, to my iphone 5 over wifi when I am not at home? For example, I have a very large library of music at home - over 100gigs of mp3s and such - and I would like the ability to have access to that library of music while I am at work. My iphone is only 16gigs tho so obviously I could only put very little on it at a time. So, is there somewhere I can "upload" the music, say to the cloud, then stream said music to my iphone at work? (I have access to wifi networks at home and at work)

iCloud? Spotify? Is there any way to do what I am looking for? If there was a good solution to this I would be willing to pay for it but free would obviously be better.

Thanks a lot for your input.

-Brian
    08-02-2013 12:28 PM
    If your music is MP3 format, import it into an iTunes library - and sync it to your phone... or, link that iTunes library to iTunes Match, and you can stream from anywhere... it's really, really easy. This may help: http://www.imore.com/tag/itunes-tips/
    08-02-2013 12:33 PM
    yeah but with itunes match, doesn't it download the song to your iphone while you are listening? I'm worried about hard drive space on my phone. 16 gig will be filled up in no time if it downloads every song I listen to. Is there an option just to stream and not let it download?
    08-02-2013 01:32 PM
    yeah but with itunes match, doesn't it download the song to your iphone while you are listening? I'm worried about hard drive space on my phone. 16 gig will be filled up in no time if it downloads every song I listen to. Is there an option just to stream and not let it download?
    It does download but you can also delete all of it in settings so if you just delete before you go to bed you will be fine

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    08-02-2013 04:06 PM
    Even though you are asking a specific question, You still mention you are new so on behalf of iMore staff and all their members we welcome you here and wish you the best. Have fun.
    08-02-2013 06:53 PM