Why do people rag on Apple Maps?

Ventus221

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I fail to see the infatuation with Google... if it's the only thing you've ever used, you'll think it's great... but coming from using stand-alone PNDs since having a Garmin Nuvi 350... to my present Nuvi 765t... frankly Google hasn't held a candle to that end user experience for me... and I find Navigon and Garmin's StreetPilot apps better than Google.

I agree with the lack of a refined user experience for me from Google Maps. I feel that the overall experience is a tad buried and confusing for me to use. While even though this is the case for me sometimes, the level of polish on bored and the trust I put in maps has not failed me in almost three years. I sadly do not have much experience with those personally but my brother love's PND's :p.

mszilard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
LMFAO! Don't give you the "usual answers"? Why? Because it's reality and you're having problems because you live in a little Romanian town? (200k is a bit optimistic btw, lol).

Perhaps some of the farmlands with populations of 4 should start complaining too...and telling people who live in major metropolitan areas not to give them the "usual answer". Give me a freakin' break.

You know why nothing has changed? Because there are significantly higher priorities than your little town.

Thank you for your input. It was really constructive. Maybe you should just refrain from posting, if you don't wanna make an *** out of your mouth.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
and that Sir... was mean .

Now that's just rude.

Thank you for your input. It was really constructive. Maybe you should just refrain from posting, if you don't wanna make an *** out of your mouth.

He is reported. I suggest you do the same.

Report away! I could care less if you think it was rude, or whatever "making an a$$ out of your mouth" means...you know what i find rude? Coming on here, giving a reason why you hate apple maps and then saying something like "Don't give me the same usual answers" as if people's defense of the software is some how less legitimate than your own because you live in a tiny little romanian town and you're getting all bent out of shape because Apple isn't jumping through hoops to make sure every nook and cranny is covered in your little corner of the world.

Face it folks...whether you think I'm being rude, untactful or even mean, the bottom line here is that we have a thread that should have been closed when it started because it's redundant and we already have a conversation going about this EXACT subject matter, and then we had this guy come in here and basically tell everyone that regardless of your experience with Apple maps, it's still a pile of sh*t because his little town doesn't have some local streets listed on it in the middle of nowhere.

Feel free to report it though, won't be the first time, and certainly won't be the last...I also enjoy the pot shots as well, considering I've yet to take any, it would seem those of you complaining about me being judgmental should clearly see the pot calling the kettle black here, and I wont be taking any personal shots at anyone, I don't need to, my post reflects what a lot of people think but just didn't say.

This guy's complaint is the equivalent of getting mad at Taco Bell because they don't build a restaurant on a dirt road in the middle of Alaska where 100 people love their food but don't have one convenient to them. It's just funny really, and a bit pitiful...but mostly funny.

Last edited:

mszilard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Report away! I could care less if you think it was rude, or whatever "making an a$$ out of your mouth" means...you know what i find rude? Coming on here, giving a reason why you hate apple maps and then saying something like "Don't give me the same usual answers" as if people's defense of the software is some how less legitimate than your own because you live in a tiny little romanian town and you're getting all bent out of shape because Apple isn't jumping through hoops to make sure every nook and cranny is covered in your little corner of the world.

Face it folks...whether you think I'm being rude, untactful or even mean, the bottom line here is that we have a thread that should have been closed when it started because it's redundant and we already have a conversation going about this EXACT subject matter, and then we had this guy come in here and basically tell everyone that regardless of your experience with Apple maps, it's still a pile of sh*t because his little town doesn't have some local streets listed on it in the middle of nowhere.

Feel free to report it though, won't be the first time, and certainly won't be the last...I also enjoy the pot shots as well, considering I've yet to take any, it would seem those of you complaining about me being judgmental should clearly see the pot calling the kettle black here, and I wont be taking any personal shots at anyone, I don't need to, my post reflects what a lot of people think but just didn't say.

This guy's complaint is the equivalent of getting mad at Taco Bell because they don't build a restaurant on a dirt road in the middle of Alaska where 100 people love their food but don't have one convenient to them. It's just funny really, and a bit pitiful...but mostly funny.

You got me wrong. I'm not mad at apple maps at all. I'm saying, that it's useless here. And yes, I can say this, because this is the purpose of this thread. "Why do people rag on Apple Maps?" I saw what apple maps can do in other parts of the world and I was amazed.
I don't want to flame, but as it seems, google could build Taco Bell in Alaska. Why should i expect less from Apple?
What surprises me is your reaction, but i don't wanna argue with you, as it seems, you can't even grasp the reason of a forum thread, the reason behind a forum post.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Both Apple Maps and Google Maps have been failing me lately. Kevin and I tried to use both to find the new Mobile Nations Montreal accessory warehouse and instead they took us to a beer company warehouse.

Now, I can't exactly complain about that, because it was a better place, but it wasn't the right place.

That said, Google did way better than Apple in Old Montreal. We were trying to find a club that's actually on a footpath to a small island in the river. Apple was nowhere near. Google was spot on, if really hard to understand. (HTF do you get to an island?)

Mapping is hard. Google has many years of experience. Apple needs to catch up.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I used Apple Maps the first 8 months and while I like Apple's interface better I ended up switching to Google as soon as it came out, based on what I use maps these are the main reasons

1) New offline maps, this is HUGE for me, I travel a lot and this is something I should use a lot.
2) I have to use street view pretty often for my job, very good coverage by Google.
3) I've reported around 4 map problems to google, they replied within days and 3 of them were fixed a few days later, I reported dozens of erros to Apple but never got an answer and nothing was fixed.
4) Apple's data is good keeping in mind it's only a year old, but Google is way superior, much more detail and POI in my experience.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I really like the Apple maps. Before they weren't so great and I leaned more to google maps, but with these new features that it has, it is more enjoyable. It works pretty well for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You got me wrong. I'm not mad at apple maps at all. I'm saying, that it's useless here. And yes, I can say this, because this is the purpose of this thread. "Why do people rag on Apple Maps?" I saw what apple maps can do in other parts of the world and I was amazed.
I don't want to flame, but as it seems, google could build Taco Bell in Alaska. Why should i expect less from Apple?
What surprises me is your reaction, but i don't wanna argue with you, as it seems, you can't even grasp the reason of a forum thread, the reason behind a forum post.

Weird...these were your words...

this is why i hate apple maps.

...and then you went on to say something about not giving you the usual answers. You seem confused by your own posts...short term memory issues perhaps, who knows. In the end, if the maps don't work for you that is all fine and good, options exist out there and expressing that it doesn't work for you is just as relevant and legitimate as those of us who express a liking of the software...it's when you take it upon yourself to discredit others to an extent of telling them not to give the "usual answers"...you don't want to hear it, your experience is that it doesn't work, so hearing that it does work for others is a moot point, right?

I grasp the reasoning of a forum thread quite clearly...you, on the other hand, decided to tell people not to argue with you (and you also decided to take pot shots in the process), if anyone is having a tough time grasping a public forum, it's the one telling the other not to express their opinion, lol!

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Weird...these were your words...

...and then you went on to say something about not giving you the usual answers. You seem confused by your own posts...short term memory issues perhaps, who knows. In the end, if the maps don't work for you that is all fine and good, options exist out there and expressing that it doesn't work for you is just as relevant and legitimate as those of us who express a liking of the software...it's when you take it upon yourself to discredit others to an extent of telling them not to give the "usual answers"...you don't want to hear it, your experience is that it doesn't work, so hearing that it does work for others is a moot point, right?

I grasp the reasoning of a forum thread quite clearly...you, on the other hand, decided to tell people not to argue with you (and you also decided to take pot shots in the process), if anyone is having a tough time grasping a public forum, it's the one telling the other not to express their opinion, lol!
He was frustrated. Let it go man.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is an interesting topic. Please stick to the discussion of "Why do people rag on Apple Maps".

Thanks. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods