When Maps first debuted it wasn't good at all at least here in the Metro Atlanta area and I happily jumped on board the Google maps train but I have to say that in the past year, it has gotten supremely better here. So much so that I use it now almost exclusively. It's not perfect so I keep google maps installed as a back up
    11-18-2013 09:34 PM
    I'd really prefer to use Apple Maps but, I find far too many errors in the Austin area to take a chance when I might need it in a pinch. Some roads that have been open for two years still do not show up in Apple Maps while Google Maps shows streets that have only been open for three weeks. The day Apple can match this is the day I drop Google and never go back.
    11-18-2013 10:27 PM
    Just like in real estate... its all about location... where I live, work and play, Apple maps has been flawless. There are always two sides to every issue.
    This is just one recent example. I travel all over the US and have many examples just like this. Apple has lots of work to do with maps. Period.
    11-19-2013 09:24 PM
    Just like in real estate... its all about location... where I live, work and play, Apple maps has been flawless. There are always two sides to every issue.
    Maybe. But when you can't trust it in an area you know, how can you even consider trusting it in an area you DON'T know?

And consider the very recent case where Apple Maps was cited as the cause of drivers traversing an active airport runway? (Never mind the stupidity of the drivers actually doing so, the mere fact of the matter is Apple Maps gave them directions to do so!) Here is just one of the many news reports surrounding that event: BBC News - Apple Maps flaw results in drivers crossing airport runway
    11-19-2013 09:38 PM
104 ... 345