Good afternoon everybody,

I got an iPad Mini from Apple store in San Francisco when I was in a summer holiday about 3 weeks ago. I am really enjoying it and everything is working fine but this annoying issue I have. If an app has the text field at the bottom of the screen, when the virtual keyboard pops up it will cover the text screen making me not able to see what I am typing before I dismiss the keyboard, also not able to paste any text as the menu that pops up when you press and hold on the text field is overlapped by the keyboard. Currently I am having a short holiday in Egypt and I am using Mobile Broadband which is limited, so restoring the iPad is unfortunately an option that is not available for me now. I have the ipsw file and I tried clicking Update on iTunes using this file, I also tried deleting and install Skype (although Skype is not the only app with this issue) but that didn't fix anything.

So guys, anyway I can fix this without restoring? And will restoring fix it if it was the only option left? Any of you faced this issue before? I have tried searching for it on Google but apparently only developers are talking about it when developing their apps so I guess they have the same issue due to a whole different story.

Psst. my iPad Mini is NOT jailbroken. It is running on the latest iOS (6.1.3). It is the iPad Mini GSM AT&T model.
    07-30-2013 07:24 AM
    Can you post a screenshot of this so we can see what you are talking about here. I don't seem to have this issue with my iPad Mini.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-2013 07:39 AM
    Can you post a screenshot of this so we can see what you are talking about here. I don't seem to have this issue with my iPad Mini.

Here is a screenshot showing the zoom lens located at the bottom of the keyboard where the text entry field exists. Of course this shows why I can't paste any text, or see what I wrote.
    Attached Thumbnails Keyboard overlapping the text entry field in few apps as Skype-photo.png  
    07-30-2013 08:45 AM
    Now I see what you mean. Thanks for that screenshot. Did this problem start after you updated your iPad to iOS 6.1.3, or you've had this problem before? A few things you can try before restoring are; delete one of the apps like Skype first and download it again to see if that fixes it. If so do the same with the other apps with this issue. Also, you can try resetting your network settings in the settings menu. Also try holding the power and home button in until the apple logo comes up....

Edit; ignore the delete app that I mentioned as I just read your opening post again and see that you've already tried that.

07-30-2013 09:31 AM
    Now I see what you mean. Thanks for that screenshot. Did this problem start after you updated your iPad to iOS 6.1.3, or you've had this problem before? A few things you can try before restoring are; delete one of the apps like Skype first and download it again to see if that fixes it. If so do the same with the other apps with this issue. Also, you can try resetting your network settings in the settings menu. Also try holding the power and home button in until the apple logo comes up....

Edit; ignore the delete app that I mentioned as I just read your opening post again and see that you've already tried that.

I tried turning off my iPad and powering it on again, that didn't solve the issue. And yes I tried re-installing Skype again but that didn't fix it either :/ I guess I will have to restore it when I get back to Qatar where I live as my current connection is limited :/

Regarding the iOS version, I think it came with 6.1.3 I don't remember having to update it.
    07-30-2013 09:38 AM
    I tried turning off my iPad and powering it on again, that didn't solve the issue. And yes I tried re-installing Skype again but that didn't fix it either :/ I guess I will have to restore it when I get back to Qatar where I live as my current connection is limited :/

Regarding the iOS version, I think it came with 6.1.3 I don't remember having to update it.
    That could be blocked some how. In any event, I hope it's fixed for you soon.

07-30-2013 09:40 AM
    I have this with bunches of apps, notably Words With Friends. I suspect it's on the app side, rather than on the iPad.
    07-30-2013 09:53 AM
    Good afternoon everybody,

I got an iPad Mini from Apple store in San Francisco when I was in a summer holiday about 3 weeks ago. I am really enjoying it and everything is working fine but this annoying issue I have. If an app has the text field at the bottom of the screen, when the virtual keyboard pops up it will cover the text screen making me not able to see what I am typing before I dismiss the keyboard, also not able to paste any text as the menu that pops up when you press and hold on the text field is overlapped by the keyboard. Currently I am having a short holiday in Egypt and I am using Mobile Broadband which is limited, so restoring the iPad is unfortunately an option that is not available for me now. I have the ipsw file and I tried clicking Update on iTunes using this file, I also tried deleting and install Skype (although Skype is not the only app with this issue) but that didn't fix anything.

So guys, anyway I can fix this without restoring? And will restoring fix it if it was the only option left? Any of you faced this issue before? I have tried searching for it on Google but apparently only developers are talking about it when developing their apps so I guess they have the same issue due to a whole different story.

Psst. my iPad Mini is NOT jailbroken. It is running on the latest iOS (6.1.3). It is the iPad Mini GSM AT&T model.
    I've actually had this happen to me in the native Messages app. If I tap the screen then tap the text field again it works normally. Irish seems to be right, it's probably an app issue.
    07-30-2013 10:44 AM
    Try this: tap and hold the keyboard key at the bottom right, then choose Docked Keyboard (or whatever the docked option is called).
    M.Rizk and Alli like this.
    07-30-2013 10:51 AM
    Try this: tap and hold the keyboard key at the bottom right, then choose Docked Keyboard (or whatever the docked option is called).
    :| Worked... THANKS a lot for your help
    07-30-2013 11:23 AM
    ​Thanks from me, too! Worked in WWF.
    07-30-2013 02:51 PM
    Great!

I had this issue with the Twitter for iPad app and NOBODY seemed to know what was happening--I couldn't post to Twitter because of it. Yet documentation about the dock/undock feature seems oddly difficult to find. Glad it helped!
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-30-2013 04:17 PM
    Beat me to it!
    08-04-2013 02:15 PM