Tweetdeck dead, best alternatives?

Naz_T

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi - Now that tweetdeck is dead, I'm looking for an alternative but have slightly unique requirements.

Like tweetdeck I need an app that displays lists, but I need to see all the tweets in my stream and lists throughout the day, previously I had to open the app and it would load all the latest tweets since my last opening and I could read them in my own time. (So if I closed the app at 9am, and opened it at 11am it would load all tweets, but say I didn't have time to read them all and closed the app, but then came back to it at 2pm, it would auto refresh and add on all the unread tweets from the afternoon to the unread tweets from the morning, so I'd have to read them in order and no tweets were missed)

However I've tried Hootsuit, echofon and the Twitter app and they load the last 100 tweets, but if you log in a few hours later they don't automatically update with the latest tweets across your stream and lists, you first have to go to the top of your feed and refresh.

With Tweetdeck it would always refresh with the latest 125 tweets even if you hadn't read all the ones from the last time you'd opened up.

I've heard a lot about Tweetbot, would this work for me?

Any other suggestions welcome,

Thanks in advance.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi - Now that tweetdeck is dead, I'm looking for an alternative but have slightly unique requirements.

Like tweetdeck I need an app that displays lists, but I need to see all the tweets in my stream and lists throughout the day, previously I had to open the app and it would load all the latest tweets since my last opening and I could read them in my own time. (So if I closed the app at 9am, and opened it at 11am it would load all tweets, but say I didn't have time to read them all and closed the app, but then came back to it at 2pm, it would auto refresh and add on all the unread tweets from the afternoon to the unread tweets from the morning, so I'd have to read them in order and no tweets were missed)

However I've tried Hootsuit, echofon and the Twitter app and they load the last 100 tweets, but if you log in a few hours later they don't automatically update with the latest tweets across your stream and lists, you first have to go to the top of your feed and refresh.

With Tweetdeck it would always refresh with the latest 125 tweets even if you hadn't read all the ones from the last time you'd opened up.

I've heard a lot about Tweetbot, would this work for me?

Any other suggestions welcome,

Thanks in advance.

Tweetbot is the way to go.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5