Any.Do Cal for iPhone review: Want an iOS 7 calendar experience now? Cal is it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. I'm downloading it at this very moment and will test it out soon. I just got back from running and am sweating BIG TIME...(laughing)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got this myself...been waiting for it! Love new productivity apps, especially one that ties with any.do I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Incredibly annoyed by the whole "random photo background" thingy... Sorry, I’m sticking to Fantastical. As the man in the carnival arcade game booth says "close, but no seegar"...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Incredibly annoyed by the whole "random photo background" thingy... Sorry, I?m sticking to Fantastical. As the man in the carnival arcade game booth says "close, but no seegar"...

The first thing I did was go into the settings menu and unchecked everything except the art theme and so far, it has been business-like.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373582429.923091.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373582444.672268.jpg

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Incredibly annoyed by the whole "random photo background" thingy... Sorry, I?m sticking to Fantastical. As the man in the carnival arcade game booth says "close, but no seegar"...

I'm a Fantastical fan also, but love trying out new productivity apps! Will see how this one goes and like D said, you can turn off categories for the background pics...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Fantastical fan also, but love trying out new productivity apps! Will see how this one goes and like D said, you can turn off categories for the background pics...

You cannot turn them all off. You need to keep at least one category active. What’s up with that? :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You cannot turn them all off. You need to keep at least one category active. What?s up with that? :)

Yeah, I know, and I'm sure they will receive flack about it. Still, the calendar is not bad for a first offering. Furthermore, if the iOS 7 calendar incorporates the Reminder App's entries, I would probably use only those.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You cannot turn them all off. You need to keep at least one category active. What?s up with that? :)

True...I guess that's what I was trying to say, turn off ones you don't want. But anyways it makes for a better background then just plain 'ol white or black. Liking the app and the any.do integration so far...although I noticed selecting date and time can move a little bit slow, (they soo need better slick natural language like Fantastical uses!) rest of app features are pretty smooth.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Wow is this disappointing. The most unproductive productivity app I've seen in a long time. It's all fluff with the pictures taking up between 25-75% of your screen, and very few actual calendar options.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I of course posted this and stirred it up...LOL:) which is good and I use any.do every day along with Fantastical. I downloaded the app as soon as i posted it and have to agree with fausty and Alli. I am just not that crazy about it. Not to mention that the Cons were the voice recognition not being 100% yet but I am going to stick with any.do and Fantastical which works good for my daily productivity. I am sure for others it has it's pros but not me.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know, and I'm sure they will receive flack about it. Still, the calendar is not bad for a first offering. Furthermore, if the iOS 7 calendar incorporates the Reminder App's entries, I would probably use only those.
More than likely this is what I would do as well. Maybe still keep Fantastical.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to lose interest in it...great concept for clean simple look, but needs some work...

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It's the first offering, so I can't knock it too much. I would like a signifier (like other calendar apps) as to what dates I have events. That said, let's give the developers time to add more to the app before we judge it fully. I love Any.DO and look forward to Cal's evolution.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to lose interest in it...great concept for clean simple look, but needs some work...

I really like it, but it is a tad buggy and not quite ready for full-time usage in my regard. It's still a decent app though.

I really like it! I love how its tethered to your any.do! :D
I especially like how it is tethered to Any.Do, but the sync ability is a bit slow/buggy. I had to close the app a few times and then restart it after making changes to my To-do list in Any.Do.

It's the first offering, so I can't knock it too much. I would like a signifier (like other calendar apps) as to what dates I have events. That said, let's give the developers time to add more to the app before we judge it fully. I love Any.DO and look forward to Cal's evolution.
Well-stated...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Many good points brought up about this new cal app to go along with any.do and while most of these points are valid we should remember if you read the entire blog article it does state many of these cons we are voicing our negatives about. One day it might turn out to be great to go along with any.do but right now I am quite please with the interaction I am getting by using Fantastical along with any.do and for that matter I am going to stick with this combo for now as my main productivity apps that work for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2