I'm going to be going back to work soon on an hourly basis and would like a good app to help keep track of the number of hours I work. I see that there are quite a few in the App Store but most aren't free. One that looks interesting and seems to have what I need is called Timetracker, but again you have to buy it to really see. Before I spend a bunch of money trying out apps, do any of you have any suggestions?

Dave B
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    05-28-2013 01:31 PM
    So weird, I just came here to ask almost the same thing! I need one that can track weekly hours for 10 employees. I'll let you know if I find something good.
    talhabinhusain likes this.
    05-28-2013 02:25 PM
    I suppose you can use the native Notes app, the Native Calendar or even one of the iWorks app like Numbers, if you have it, to keep track of your work hours until you decide on which time tracking app you think is best for you. The iMore Blog has one review of a time tracking app, but it is more in regard to projects. Still, you can check it out HERE.
    05-28-2013 02:36 PM
    So weird, I just came here to ask almost the same thing! I need one that can track weekly hours for 10 employees. I'll let you know if I find something good.
    Even most certainly an app like this would cost but if you could find an app for attys. that have to keep up with billable hours, Would that work for what you need?
    05-28-2013 03:45 PM
    My needs will actually be pretty simple. A single client/employer and I just need to track hours during a specific period and export the results to something that can be printed. Maybe all or most of them do that?

Dave B
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2013 04:14 PM
    Even most certainly an app like this would cost but if you could find an app for attys. that have to keep up with billable hours, Would that work for what you need?
    What I'm looking for is for a small business: we have about 10 employees each working about 30-40 hours a week, paid every other week. So I'm looking for an app that will allow each employee to enter their start and end times for each day they work. Also hoping for something that offers a way to export to pdf or excel, etc.
    05-29-2013 05:08 PM
    Timecard Pro works well.

iPhone 5 64GB White
    iPad Mini 32GB Black
    MacBook Pro 15" Late 2009
    2x Apple TV 3rd Gen.
    I also recommend Timecard Pro as well. I use it to keep track of my hours and don't have any complaints. Some of the features I like are:

- It keeps track of your pay and will calculate overtime as well.
    - you can clock in/out at the beginning/end of your work day like a real time clock, or enter all your hours at the end if the day.
    - you can write notes on each work day if you need to document what you did that day
    - keep track of multiple jobs (if you work more than one)

I've been using it for about 9 months now. It works well for me, and it was only .99.
    Hope that helps.
    05-29-2013 11:21 PM
    Thanks everyone! I went ahead and bought Timecard Pro. Seems like it should work out fine.
    05-30-2013 11:38 PM
    What did you find was the best time sheet app for a company with employees working 30-40 hrs/ week?
    09-27-2013 12:34 AM
    Guys after 3 long years we are releasing imanage V2 Tomorrow - might not be exactly what all of you need but I think it will fit the needs of a couple, I'm hoping its worth a look none the less...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iman...mUvbUpU2126856

Hope it was okay an appropriate to post a link to our app.

Get in touch any time

John
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-16-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    11-05-2013 06:01 PM
    Well I am sure the ones looking will check it out and get back to you on if it is going to work for them and if it is what they are looking for. Maybe some Promo Codes with the releas ewill help you quite a bit. Again thank you and Welcome to iMore.
    11-05-2013 07:34 PM
    HI Jag, did you get my PM??, it was to say thanks a bunch and ask about advertising...
    11-16-2013 06:20 AM
    Please see my post in this forum for my app QuickSchedule, it may be just what you need. I also commented on another post before I read yours. QuickSchedule makes out a weekly schedule for employees, and as you assign them to a shift, it totals up the hours.

May be what you are looking for...

-Darrell
    11-16-2013 06:52 PM