iPhone 4S and slow twitter

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I want to ask does anyone with a 4S notice that the twitter client is painfully slow? I timed it the other day and it took 15 seconds to load. Literally say in the white screen with blue bar a the top for 25 seconds before any tweets loaded. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless there's a glitch or something with the latest Twitter version, I did not experience any slowness with Twitter when I had my 4S and I'm currently not experiencing it with my iPhone 5.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It's been at least the last two versions. Excruciatingly slow start up times.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's been at least the last two versions. Excruciatingly slow start up times.

I no longer have the 4S, but on my iPhone 5, startup is around 2 seconds. Have you tried deleting that app and re-installing it?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I no longer have the 4S, but on my iPhone 5, startup is around 2 seconds. Have you tried deleting that app and re-installing it?

Yes I did JMD. & let me anticipate your next suggestion: no way I'm resetting as new. Oh no, not that again. ;)
Have a great Memorial Day
Good Luck

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
At least I know I'm not alone. Reinstalling did nothing to correct the issue, using a different client does. I wish there were free options as full featured as the official twitter client.

Appvism

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you that on iPhone 4, the official twitter app (thats baked into the iOS) is really slow as well on startup - i also get the blank white screen and blue bar at top at the start all the time. Usually takes around 10-15 secs or so before the tweets fill the screen.

Can anyone suggest another (third party) twitter app thats good to use and free to download?

Thanks,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73