Owl's Eye: App for Low Light/Night/High Image Quality/Long Exposure Photography

tberk1977

May 21, 2013
Visit site
An app "from pro for pros".
If you still think that you can improve a bad noisy image by post processing, don't download this app...
If you know that the only way to get a better photo, especially in low light conditions, is to let more light into the sensor and average over a lot of images, download it.

I have got incredible results with this app (like with no other), because even the fixed pattern noise inherent to the CMOS sensor is subtracted after the "normal" noise is averaged out by taking a long image series.
In a normal image from the camera app you wouldn't even see the fixed pattern noise because the noise level is so high.
With this app, you would see it. That's why we subtract it.

Of course all images are captured as RAW data and are processed in full floating point accuracy and converted to an 8 bit RGBA image at the end.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/owls-eye/id647573035?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Shoot perfect noise reduced photos in low light conditions!

Get the best possible image quality out of your phone's camera.

- shoots a series of long-exposure images and takes the best out of the available light by averaging images

- take great photos rivaling DSLR quality in low light

- you can define a "black level" image before shooting to remove the disturbing noise patterns that would normally be visible in these images, as the random noise will completely disappear if you take a long image series.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for choosing the iMore forums to introduce your app. We know you've worked hard to prepare it and thus, we wish you the best of success with it. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the forums and interact with the rest of the iMore community. Take care.

caspase8

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the information about Owl's Eye App. I have been looking for apps for improving low light photography. In the past I tried apps like Night Modes, NightCap, Night Camea with decent results. I will appreciate if you could provide some more information like sample images, the image size and format. Thanks a lot

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods