'Sentences With Friends?' Well that's just 'Gadzookery'. My new iOS word game

Simon Brooks

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I've very recently released my first attempt at an app. It's an iOS app called Gadzookery which plays like you'd expect sentences with friends would play. Players are dealt a word such as GAMES. Within a 3 minute timer they need to create a 5 word sentence or phrase to do with games. A player might write 'Gadzookery App Making Entertaining Sentences'. Points are scored and challenges against your friends attempts are won or lost. There is a Thesaurus tool showing a list of synonyms of the target word on the players keyboard to help them find some inspiration. This will help players build their vocabulary and creative writing skills so as well as fun, the game is educational too.

Here's some examples;
GAMES - Gadzookery App Making Entertaining Sentences (49 pts)
HABIT - Hobbies And Bad Irritating Tendencies (43 pts)
NYMPH - Naughty Young Men Prefer Her (34 pts)
YOGURT - Yummy Organisms, Gloppy Underrated Refrigerated Treat (57 pts)

Players score one base point for each letter used, and ten bonus points for completing a sentence/phrase within the timer. Players are penalized for misspelled or fake words. They lose the bonus points, the points for the misspelled/fake word, and the rest of the letters used are only 50% of the point value. The game is powered by Dictionary.com and their 1.25 million word list.

(SuperDuperHonestyTime) Version 1.0 out now does need a little work not effecting game play. The work needed is our two website links (Help/HallOfFame) from within the game need optimizing for mobile devices, and some devices (iphone5/iPad3) aren't displaying our screens to their best capability. They'll be some other tweaks ready for version 1.0.1 which is being worked on now. In the meantime if you can't wait to play this game you can get it now. I said earlier this is my first attempt at an app. I'm learning as I go.

It's currently on promo at 99c, and has some further in-app upgrades (themed WordPacks etc). There will also be a free Ad supported/lite version being released shortly.It's almost ready.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Much appreciated.

Gadzookery

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gadzookery-original-acronym/id602059973?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

fundable560x310.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for choosing the iMore forums to introduce your app. We know you've worked hard to prepare it and thus, we wish you the best of success with it. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the forums and interact with the rest of the iMore community. Take Care.