I can't believe EA removed both Dragon's Lair games from the AppStore. So I've purchased all 3 apps Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 and Dragon!s Lair HD and went to download from the cloud and they are all gone. Apparently they don't run on iOS 6 but they all seemed to work for me.

So last night I had to plug into iTunes and add them back to my devices and what do you know they work perfectly. I'm just lucky I keep backups on my PC.

Maybe they will re release them as freemium and expect people go pay for levels via IAP?

They really are the worst company!
    05-06-2013 09:49 PM
    I can't believe EA removed both Dragon's Lair games from the AppStore. So I've purchased all 3 apps Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 and Dragon!s Lair HD and went to download from the cloud and they are all gone. Apparently they don't run on iOS 6 but they all seemed to work for me.

So last night I had to plug into iTunes and add them back to my devices and what do you know they work perfectly. I'm just lucky I keep backups on my PC.

Maybe they will re release them as freemium and expect people go pay for levels via IAP?

They really are the worst company!
    Did you then have them-buy them because of the games although "The company (EA) are terrible"?
    05-06-2013 10:00 PM
    Digital Leisure originally publishes the games. EA took over the games publishing rights and have now removed the from the store.

I grew up playing these games in the arcades and love having them on mobile.
    05-07-2013 01:33 AM
    In my own opinion, I feel EA's general company philosophy and culture is a bit too aggressive in terms of the bottom line / "money grabbing" and they would do a lot better if they focused more on gameplay and customer satisfaction. But, for me, i'll judge each game individually and whether i want it or not.

For example, on the iPhone, i think NFS Most Wanted is a brilliant game and one i was happy to pay for. On the other hand, i had/have no urge to play Real Racing 3 because i feel their IAP/freemium approach ruined the flow of the game. Needless to say, i didn't pay for any IAP in this game and deleted it from my iPhone.

I think if people hate EA - or any other company/game for that matter - they can make this known in the reviews, etc and essentially vote with your money (by not spending any on them)!

Thanks,
    dnalevelc likes this.
    05-07-2013 11:53 AM
    EA is a great company that makes some of the best games for iOS. Some people may not like the price of the games or the in-app-purchases, but that's part of having a quality product.

Would you expect to get a game for your Xbox or Playstation for free? Would you be upset if you got a free console game and it had in-app-purchases? I think the answer to both is 'No.'

With EA's games, you're getting a console quality title for your iPhone. $5-10 for a console quality game with hours of gameplay is nothing to complain about.

Now, to the OP regarding your purchase. Downloading a game and having it on your phone will allow you to play it anytime. Also, you can sync your apps to iTunes and reinstall them later if you want. Some developers may pull their games from the store from time-to-time. That's part of business when dealing with large developers.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    05-07-2013 12:02 PM
    If EA were as great as you say they would not have won worst company 2 years running. Their customer service is crap. They have not responded to my emails about removing the games and prob never will.

Trust me on this IAP are a serious plan regarding consoles in the future. They have already begun with Dead Space 3. There are many devs doing freemium the right way and EA is not one if them. I'm not alone in this anger remember they recently crapped on everybody who purchased Simcity on PC and also struggled to handle The Simpsons release on iOS.

Not everybody downloads apps to their tethered pc's since Apple cut the chord. All I want to know from them is why they removed the games? They were not phased out due to closing a server for online play. They could have updated them for iOS 6 instead if removing them. Crap communication from a company going down the drain.
    05-08-2013 09:21 AM
    I agree on some, but mostly not on other points u made. My example is Real Racing 3: greatest racing game ever on iOS. But it is still iOS not PC or PS3. Granted I'd pay up to $40-60 for a great game on PC, but a game on phones or even tablets is still limited regardless of graphics (which are console grade on RR3), but to enjoy RR3 like you would on PC or console you'd spend over $800 in IAP just to get access to all cars ( keep In mind the game requires u to own ALL cars for 100% completion). And with the new update your also required to upgrade your cars to advance in the game which also costs time or real money, and some point no other way then to pay real money which brings the cost of the game to about $1000.

Now, as yourself, would you pay $1000 for a PS3 or PC GAME? would you pay that for a phone game? That's where EA is now. I will spend up to $20 for an iOS game like RR3, but that will get me one car and a couple of upgrades, after that its hours to half a day wait times all over again, and more real money to unlock some cars. One car will cost you 800 Gold Coins - that's about $99 real money nut u still have to upgrade it, and even though some upgrades do cost fake $900,000 money you earn per race ($900-12000 per race) some upgrades do cost gold coins which equals more real money after u already threw $100 at that one same car.

Yeh, that's crazy. Too bad I got hooked on this game before this update. Now I don't play it, but I haven't deleted it either, hoping they'll go back to original version.
    09-16-2013 07:19 AM