What app to use to keep scans of loyalty cards?

coachcarder

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
On my Android, I had Beep-n-Go and it's amazing because I was able to use my phone on scanners where Key Ring wouldn't work. I think Beep-n-Go uses a different technology like laser scanning.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, since it's been almost 2 years since I responded in this thread, I suppose I should do an update. Initially, I used the Keyring app, but I've since switched to using Stocard thanks to Pink. I've been using it a while now and I haven't even considered going back to Keyring.

kbyimr

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I've used CardStar since it came out.It's not perfect and some features (like trying to bring up your cards when you are at the store and open the app)
don't always work. Things overall are better than they were originally (they were acquired by constantcontact at some point, which may bother you as they
are an e-mail service company for businesses although I wouldn't call them a spam mill). I haven't been spammed by them as far as I can tell or their clients
(I use unique e-mails for different organizations so it is usually easier for me to tell where my e-mail got leaked if it does).

In the old days they did not require a data connection. They add a feature to do on-line backup, but I don't think you had to use it. But I haven't tried an exhaustive test and I do you the only backup feature (which is handy for transferring things to new devices now that it actually works as advertised?there have been bumps in the road along the way).

It will scan the code off the card, but it does not keep an actual image of the card. It figures out (at least in most cases) the barcode algorithm and card number itself.
It allows you to manually enter either.

With one exception (see below), most of the things that don't work are not the fault of the app: generally older bar code readers don't do well with the bar code displayed. I have not heard anything along the red/green lines. It is true the hand scanners do tend to be better. But not always. Overall, I think the situation here is improving as less ancient equipment trickles down to cheaper levels, but generally you will do better with "bigger' stores. Clerks are also not as surprised by it
any more even if they've not seen it and are more willing to give it a try.

CardStar does display the numeric code so if you/the clerk can figure out how to enter it, that can be helpful, but it isn't always obvious. For example, at one indy
market I liked (that alas has gone under), you had to enter the code as a UPC code (not a customer number) and not enter the check digit at the end.
At the Vons (Safeway) I sometimes go to, the clerks can scan your card with the hand scanner, but (like most places) the self-checkout doesn't have one of those
so you have to punch it in. Still you don't at least have to carry the physical card.

'Course, if your battery goes dead & you have no cards?

The once place I've find I have to carry the card is the local public library. Their scanners on the self-checkout can't handle phones, and, even if you go to the counter, they require a physical library card.

The one thing that is the app's fault, sort of, is Walgreen's, as they use an odd 2D encoding algorithm rather than one of the more common bar code algornithms,
so, although I can enter the number from the card, I can't generate the appropriate image. I think I tried to use a UPC bar code display of the number at Walgreen's and it didn't work, but I haven't tried anything else. I use passbook for Walgreen's and AAA (but I normally don't need to show an AAA card to anyone anyway if I use the app).

ShopStore App

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Shopping Organizer
ShopStore?

Users can Save, Share and use all their loyalty cards, rewards cards, club cards, gift cards, coupons and receipts from one app.
Friends and family it as well.

Simply scan your screen at the register when it's time to scan. Simole returns and exchanges.

It's not for everyone, however it is for people who like to shop and enjoy organized purses and pockets.

There is where technology is taking us so enjoy the ride. It's fun too. It's all on your phone!

ShopStore App

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Shopping Organizer

ShopStore?
Brand new app released yesterday on GooglePlay.

It allows user to Save, Organize and Use all their loyalty cards, rewards cards, club cards, gift cards, coupons and receipts in one app.

We no longer have to carry any of this around with us. Simply take a picture and let ShopStore automatically store it so it's there when you need it.

It's not for everyone, but it is for shoppers who like to save money and like to stay organized.

ShopStore App

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I like to know what is the "best" (paid or free) apps to keep scans of loyalty cards so that I don't have to carry them in my wallet?

I saw many "wallet" apps in the app store, but all of them have too few reviews to allow me make judgment on which to try.

Is there a popular app to do this kind of thing?

Answer:
ShopStore is a good one.

It allows you to save Loyalty Cards, Rewards Carss, Club Cards, Gift Carss, Coupons and Receipts. It's user friendly and every store is available.

Can't go wrong! Enjoy?

Nathalie_Oro

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Oro Loyalty keeps scans of all your loyalty cards, but also allows you to track your loyalty programs, including points balance, dollar value of points, transaction history, reward progress, status, point expiry notifications, etc.

We really feel like it's the very best loyalty app in the market today.

Try it out & let us know what you think :biggrin:

Thanks!

chuck pugh

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I like to know what is the "best" (paid or free) apps to keep scans of loyalty cards so that I don't have to carry them in my wallet?

I saw many "wallet" apps in the app store, but all of them have too few reviews to allow me make judgment on which to try.

Is there a popular app to do this kind of thing?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2